Cinematic Studio Brass vs.Cinebrass

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by ChrisSiuMusic, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Brian Nowak

Brian Nowak Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I don't touch 8dio after getting one of their pianos. It is terribly scripted, terrible to play and mix, and the interface is god awful to work with. Turned me off to anything they do.

constaneum likes this.
  2. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    I know what you mean. But aren’t the pianos a bit older? I only have their 1928, and I’m hoping that Century Brass is using their latest GUI. I’ve tried their try pack and seemed pretty good.

3. Brian Nowak

Jan 9, 2018
    Don't know and I'll likely never know. There are too many outright complaints about the inconsistencies in their libraries for me to bite. Might get more balanced opinions on the thread about century brass, though:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/8dio-century-brass.46960/page-14

4. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Would you suggest SF Studio Brass? I've been going back and forth with this one myself. Also, between pro version and regular. I can't afford to make the wrong choices as this will be it for a while, then I'm stuck with it..LOL

5. Brian Nowak

Jan 9, 2018
    I don't have much experience with those libraries, sorry. People mostly seem to be liking it, from what I'm seeing. Pretty expansive. But spitfire has a very different workflow than other stuff, so you should probably do some research on their products themselves.

Finally, no matter what you do, you should wait for a sale.

6. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    I have SF Chamber and Albion so I’m familiar with the workflow. And I get an EDU 40% off. Thanks for your feedback.

7. constaneum

constaneum Senior Member

Ever since i've gotten their Adagio series, I sort of not wanting to opt for 8dio for orchestral stuffs. Even though they have recorded the sounds beautifully, there are a few flaws in that library such as out of tune sounds and other noises which they've said it's intended for realism. Those really turn me off from purchasing anymore of their orchestral products. Kinda sad even though i like other patches as well as the sound recorded in general. Patch like the spiccato feathered sounds beautiful. I wonder whether Century Strings have this issues or not ?

8. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    True their older libraries have not been updated or really worked on...However, their attempt at reimagining the Adagio/Agitato series with Anthology was a fail in my opinion. Something went awry with the sound, and just thinned out. However...Century Brass is supposed to be a newer library, and a labor of love...so I am hoping that it's a killer.

9. marclawsonmusic

marclawsonmusic Senior Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Hi Jake, what kind of music are you trying to write?

10. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    90’s Retro Trumpets as on sale.
    90’s Retro Trumpets are on sale. Maybe that's like the Cinebrass 2.0 we are talking about? Dunno.

11. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Hi. I write cinematic orchestral music. Not quite classical, but a good variety. From what I hear, Century Brass is a good all around work horse, which is what I need I think as my main library.

12. sekkosiki

sekkosiki Senior Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Espoo
    What about Audiobro's MSB? I've halted all my plans for new brass library purchases until I hear demos and walkthroughs of MSB.

Casiquire likes this.
  13. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Well, I can get Century Brass for 50% off at the moment. So I doubt MSB will be anywhere near that. Lol.

sekkosiki likes this.
  14. sekkosiki

sekkosiki Senior Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Espoo
    Well that's true. :grin:

15. fretti

fretti Senior Member

Have I missed something or how would you get 50% off atm?:)

richardt4520 likes this.
  16. marclawsonmusic

marclawsonmusic Senior Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    I cannot comment on Century Brass, unfortunately. But I have Cinebrass (Core and Pro) as well as Cinematic Studio Brass. For cinematic music, I think either of those could meet your needs, but for my part I recently replaced Cinebrass with CSB.

jaketanner likes this.
  17. DANIELE

DANIELE Active Member

Why don't you look at Infinite Brass?

18. miguel88

miguel88 New Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I could hear a few CSB naked demos and I found that has too much phase sound on trumpets and bass trombone especially on the close mics, what do you think? I have css and i m doubting about get csb

19. jaketanner

jaketanner Senior Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Easton, PA
    Who makes that?

20. DANIELE

DANIELE Active Member