Cinematic Studio Brass vs.Cinebrass

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by ChrisSiuMusic, Dec 22, 2018.

1. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I'm torn between the 2. I have Cinebrass, and after having it for many years I'm a bit fed up with the sound and CSB is very appealing. On the other hand, as someone pointed out, CSB despite being better in probably everything could be a Cinebrass 2.0 in terms of sound (aimed more towards a classical sound). I've uploaded a small snippet with Cinebrass (Church reverb from Seventh Heaven and some Izotope/Neutron presets). Could someone with CSB have a go at it? And feel free to make it pretty with reverb. I've attached the midi as well. Cheers!

Attached Files:

ChrisSiuMusic likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    ChrisSiuMusic

ChrisSiuMusic Active Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Are you just bored with the sound? Or does it not do what you want?

3. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Mm a bit of both I suppose. Cinebrass has been one of the first libraries I bought many years ago, so I'd like to hear a different brass sound, but I also see some of its limitation. @ricoderks made an amazing piece with CSB, and I think I wouldn't be able to achieve that realism with Cinebrass.

ricoderks likes this.
  4. Scamper

Scamper Active Member

Dec 11, 2014
    I took that into CSB and pretty much kept the MIDI as it is, but lowered the high dynamics a tad and added a bunch of reverb. Since you played chords, I wasn't sure, if you wanted the solo instruments or ensembles, so there is a version for both.

Attached Files:

5. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Thank you so much!

6. IdealSequenceG

IdealSequenceG Who seeks ultimate sequencing of VI

Jul 15, 2017
  7. IdealSequenceG

Jul 15, 2017
  8. JohnBMears

JohnBMears Senior Member

Jan 12, 2015
    These are with CineBrass, right?

9. IdealSequenceG

Jul 15, 2017
    Yes, and an individual library.

10. JohnBMears

JohnBMears Senior Member

Jan 12, 2015
    So by individual do you mean Core or Pro?

EDIT- Oh I see, Descant Horn, that's a separate product from them, I like that it still has that great CineBrass tone and that it seems to incorporate a nice dynamic range, but the more I play with CSB each day, the more I have fallen for the legato scripting. In fact, I also have 'recouped' my desire to have drier libraries, my Berlin Brass seems so darn distant and blurry compared to this new library. I am excited to see what CineSamples does with 90s horns....

ag75 and IdealSequenceG like this.
  11. Phil Harmony

Phil Harmony New Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I simply love the french horn sound in CineBrass - it is the most symphonic horn sound that I know, like in a Richard Wagner ouverture :)

richardt4520 likes this.
  12. gjelul

gjelul Active Member

May 2, 2015
    CineBrass still holds its ground imo. The only thing that I never understood is the GUI and the fonts Cinesamples uses, outdated and not easy to read. When it comes to the sound though, tough to beat.

Having both would be the way to go :)

Phil Harmony and muziksculp like this.
  13. Phil Harmony

Phil Harmony New Member

Jan 2, 2019
    That is true - Cinesamples GUIs are often ugly, especially the CineBrass, CineStrings and so. But I don't care about that as long as they sound great, what they do! :)

14. Gerbil

Gerbil Active Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I like Cinesamples' GUI. Everything's set out well, easy to read and understand.

gjelul likes this.
  15. gjelul

gjelul Active Member

May 2, 2015
    :dancedance:

16. gjelul

gjelul Active Member

May 2, 2015
    So, we're basically saying the same thing :)