What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

With the update today a bug with Cubase/Nuendo automation causing crashes as well as the high CPU load when the GUI is open should be fixed.
Also they addeed a feature I requested just 3 days ago: It is now possible to merge a selection of instances from another server-save file into your current session.

I have another strange behavior I start seeing yesterday, when I open a kontakt instance and try to replace an instrument or move with right/left arrow it takes literally forever. Why?
No idea, but try the update from today and see if it is fixed.

For me it varies from library to library Michael. Some of the modern complex patches are really quite heavy on RAM use even without any samples loaded. The earlier versions of Symphobia 1 had very simple patches, and 10 of them actually uses less RAM than the newer ones I think (but accordingly they do a lot less - they had separate patches for close and stage mics initially). For MSB I found i preferred to have longs and shorts separate, as I wanted to control them differently (key velocity for shorts, CC for longs).

Obviously there's nothing especially pertinent to VE Pro here, I don't think there's much difference hosting there as opposed to anything else really. The more midi and audio tracks you have the more there is to set up I guess.

Thanks Guy,

I had given up on templates as I kept hitting the wall - especially when it came to RAM. The three videos you've posted on how you enable tracks in VePro have inspired me to have another go at it - as I keep finding that I have forgotten about some of the libraries and patches that I have, only to 'rediscover' them long after I could have used them to great effect in a project.

Having them a button press away without crippling your machine is exactly what I need. The only problem with building templates is that I keep learning new techniques about halfway through the build, that make me want to go back and change the way they are built.

Building templates often seems to me to be the perfect tool for procrastination....

The only problem with building templates is that I keep learning new techniques about halfway through the build, that make me want to go back and change the way they are built.

Very true - happened to me last time too. It was only OCD organisational stuff though, and I decided it would be good for me to live with it...

No one upgrade to 7.0.99; it's crashing all the time when loading server project; 7.0789 did not! Windows 10.

Been playing with it for a few days, it's really faster than v6 to me (All Windows 10 Pro machines). I've tried the included fx but using them inside a slave doesn't seem right to me so I don't plan on using them. Tried Epic Orchestra v2, not something for me and I don't care for the Synchron player.

What I love!:

- I've been using Studio One 4 a bit more than Cubase 9.5 Pro lately and v7 finally uses a lot less CPU on it.

- Loading my full VSL library with ALL articulations (Appa1 str ext, Orch str 1-2 std, WW std, Harp1 ext, SE1, SE1Str, SE2Str and tens of individual instruments = 190Gb off SSD) for 62 instances each using mirx Teldex. It only used 800mb standby RAM on a puny i7-2630 laptop with 8Gb :)

Things I'd love to be addressed or improved:

- I'm still puzzled why they still can't save a server project without depending on the IP address, they should use other methods of identifying it, PC Name, etc. I know how to view the VEP Project file to determine the IP that was used but still, it's certainly something it should not rely upon.

- They should implement drag and drop instrument presets, like Studio One has, I do instances per instruments. I don't use full static templates but rather add sub templates for instance my full VSL library, sections of EW Hollywood Strings, etc

Good work VSL! This one's worth it in my opinion :)

Use the parameter automation in VEP and select disable instance. Then use the instance automation in Cubase, select the parameter from the drop-down and set the value (on/ off). So your cubase project will remember which instance to enable / disable wenn loaded.
Does this setup also apply to instrument/Midi tracks? I have about 1200 Midi tracks connected to about 40 Instrument tracks with each Instrument track connected to a VEP 7 Instance. Midi tracks automation has no reference to the VEP instance's Parameter automation (example snapshot attached).

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-05-07 200710.png
    Annotation 2019-05-07 200710.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
- They should implement drag and drop instrument presets, like Studio One has, I do instances per instruments. I don't use full static templates but rather add sub templates for instance my full VSL library, sections of EW Hollywood Strings, etc
I requested exact this feature during beta test and they liked the idea, but it is a little more complicated, so we have to wait until something like that is implemented.
I know it is not the same, but there is a function in the instances menu "merge instances". It makes what the name suggests. Give it a try!

Reactions: EgM
No idea, but try the update from today and see if it is fixed.

I noticed it happens when I open Kontakt in VEP and at the same time in Reaper, I'm doing this to copy some instrument settings into the VEP template, once I finished I replace the Kontakt instance in Reaper with the VEP one.

Maybe it's some conflict between the instances opened in both the hosts. I noticed that VEP has a sort of separate state for kontakt, i.e. if I open the quickload menu in one instance I have not opened in one another while in Reaper it is the opposite.

Does this setup also apply to instrument/Midi tracks? I have about 1200 Midi tracks connected to about 40 Instrument tracks with each Instrument track connected to a VEP 7 Instance. Midi tracks automation has no reference to the VEP instance's Parameter automation (example snapshot attached).
Yes, it works also for the Midi CC automation. But you will have to set it in in the instrument track if you want to disable the entire instance, and for the Midi tracks I would set them up to disable the specific instrument / folder they are belonging to.

I have an odd issue here, but wondered if others have the same thing. When disabling an instance or even a channel, if you save the project and open it again. It forgets and removes all the plugin automation parameters when instances / channels are still disabled on open. Has this happened to others too?

I have an odd issue here, but wondered if others have the same thing. When disabling an instance or even a channel, if you save the project and open it again. It forgets and removes all the plugin automation parameters when instances / channels are still disabled on open. Has this happened to instances. others too?
Not sure if this is the case, but try to re-open the troublesome project *after* opening the server project (even if it were automatically opened with the server project). I think Server projects don’t necessarily remember the last save of projects (instances) until “server projects” are re-saved with the latest version of their projects (instances). If this makes any sense to you.

Last edited:
I have an odd issue here, but wondered if others have the same thing. When disabling an instance or even a channel, if you save the project and open it again. It forgets and removes all the plugin automation parameters when instances / channels are still disabled on open. Has this happened to others too?

We have just located and fixed a bug here, coming with next update!

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this-- I'm noticing that in instances in projects I created before the latest update (7.0.789) I can't copy the automation fields in the MIDI controllers tab using the new drag/drop feature. If I make a brand new instance, the drag/copy works fine.

Confirmed, and fixed for the next update.

I noticed it happens when I open Kontakt in VEP and at the same time in Reaper, I'm doing this to copy some instrument settings into the VEP template, once I finished I replace the Kontakt instance in Reaper with the VEP one.

Maybe it's some conflict between the instances opened in both the hosts. I noticed that VEP has a sort of separate state for kontakt, i.e. if I open the quickload menu in one instance I have not opened in one another while in Reaper it is the opposite.

This keep happening, is there anyone that has the same behavior?

I'm really taking so long to move the template on VEP.

A little update, now while I'm setting up the template everything freezed and then crashed, both Reaper and VEP. :confused:

Top Bottom