What's new

VEPro 7 now available!

Ben

VSL Support
Hi there,

VSL just announced VEPro 7: https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Software/Vienna_Ensemble_Pro
It includes the Epic Orchestra 2.0 with 73GB samples (old Epic Orchestra ported to Synchron Player + some of Synchron Instruments samples (SYN Strings I, SYN FX Strings I, SYN App. Strings, Syn Cham Strings, SYN Dim Brass II, SYN Power Drums, SYN Smart Spheres).

You can preorder for 145€ instead of 195€ or upgrade your existing license for 75€.

OP
Ben

Ben

VSL Support
Be aware that this includes only the first VEP license (not three!). Every additional upgrade costs 45€ on top (regular 65€).

burp182

!!!!

Each license covered three nodes. Why on Earth would they charge for each node?
I'm hoping against hope that the policy might turn out to be different than this early report.

kitekrazy

I can see this having mixed reactions. Maybe this is why they are touting their epic orchestra more than VE Pro. It seems they way VSL is going it will distance them from new or casual users exploring anymore into their products.

jamwerks

Seems VEP7 is coming much closer on the heels of 6, than 6 was to 5. Strange they aren't talking much about new features.

Shad0wLandsUK

I can see the benefit for people who may only want two licenses, or even want to go ahead and have 4 or 5. I did wonder about this last time around, why they did not offer single licenses. So price-wise it could work out better for others :)

Though it seems you are getting 2 licenses + EPIC for the same as 3 licenses before. But with all the Syncron content, that would make sense. I guess it remains to be seen how useful the Syncron content will be, or whether it will simply be a ruse to buy into the VSL sample library world...

Shad0wLandsUK

Seems VEP7 is coming much closer on the heels of 6, than 6 was to 5. Strange they aren't talking much about new features.
Perhaps they will finally announce AU3 ;)

Then after the time I have spent getting to love Cubase Pro 10, I will end up back at Logic's door :rofl:

FriFlo

So, If I have VEpro 6 and want to upgrade all of the three licences that came with it, I have to pay 75+45+45=165€? There better be some crazy good new features, as this is quite steep for an upgrade ... I have no need for any bundled content and I already own all full Synchron products (except for the synchronized ones) and almost all VSL VIs. Let's see what VEpro 7 brings to the table, but this could be a no-deal for me, considering I now have to upgrade all licenses separately in the future.

FriFlo

There used to be a VSL promise that you only pay once for sample content. Recently, they tip-toed around that by "synchronizing" it, which kind of told me, they seem to be in need of some cash flow ... I was not happy to see that, but since I hardly use any VSL sounds these days, I let it go.
I sincerely hope, they are not ruining everything by trying to milk that cow a bit to hard ... used to be my favorite sample developer ...

OP
Ben

Ben

VSL Support
I just installed it and this is my first impression:
Content you'll get:
- Old content is just "synchronized" and sounds good.
- Syn. Strings: You get Short, Soft lyrical vib, Flautando. They sound good imo, full range over the keyboard. So can be usefull in some scenarios (layering, pad)
- Syn FX Strings: 4 articulations, usefull if you need that kind of stuff
- Syn App Strings: Only strong vib Legato and Slides up, only Vio I (there is no IR included for Vio II).
- Syn Chamber Strings: Only Vio I and only Legato, Halftone trill. No idea how to combine this with the rest of the collection...
- Syn Dim Brass: Only Wagner Tubas + Stacc, Portato, Sustain, Blare, Marcato. 4 players, individual programmable. Really great and a highlight of the collection.
- Syn Percussion: Snare Drum, Bass Drum, Tam-Tam
- Power Drums: Tama Star Light Set
- Smart Spheres: Tremolo Pad, High Anxiety, Pad Bass, Distorted Bass

You will get multiple microphone positions with the Synchron Libraries, which is great, but imo you should buy this for VEPro and not the bonus content. It's nice to have it if you don't have the libraries, but no must-have.

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
What I think is pretty telling here is there seems to be absolutely no mention of any details on VePro 7 whatsoever. Not even a hint of what the new features in 7 are and yet according to the announcement on the VSL forums they are 'testing and fine-tuning' the software.

Maybe i'm being a bit cautious after the long delays on the Synchron stuff, but is it unreasonable to expect even a few hints at what new features are going to be in v 7 when they are selling a pre-order ?

Smart move with Epic Orchestra 2.0 though, and it will get their samples and player into far more hands, and maybe more customers in their libraries.

But it strikes me as very odd there are no details on VePro 7 whatsoever.....

ptram

I'm very curious to see what the "effects from Vienna Suite" will be. A bit of EQ and compression optimized for orchestral content, even if with limited programmability, would be more than useful.

Paolo

jamwerks

SF have the "Labs" to get the new SF Player on our HD's (for free). OT has the upcoming "Layers" to get us accustomed to their new player (for free). This seems like an attempt to get (force) the Synchron Player on 70,000 computers worldwide, but not for free!?

What new features warrent calling this version 7? Sooner or later VEP users will be forced to upgrade because of compatibility issues....

So does this mean that all the Woodwinds have now been Synchronized?

stonzthro

Seriously - no mention of AU3? It has been almost 2 years since Apple developed it. C'mon - the LAST thing I need is more orchestra samples when I can't really utilize the software to its fullest potential. MASSIVE fail if they opted to ignore us Logic users! Grrrr!

Shad0wLandsUK

So, If I have VEpro 6 and want to upgrade all of the three licences that came with it, I have to pay 75+45+45=165€? There better be some crazy good new features, as this is quite steep for an upgrade ... I have no need for any bundled content and I already own all full Synchron products (except for the synchronized ones) and almost all VSL VIs. Let's see what VEpro 7 brings to the table, but this could be a no-deal for me, considering I now have to upgrade all licenses separately in the future.
Pretty sure it would not be that equation.

It says you get the first license with your purchase, you would be looking at 165+45+45.
Pretty sure that is right

Top Bottom