What's new

Time+Space _ NI Summer of Sound _ K12 /K12U /K12U-CE ( Thru June30 )

upload_2019-6-2_0-35-1.png

Is this a typo? (on Time + Space website) Because I'm pretty sure full Symphony Series is supposed to be included in the Collector's Edition.

EDIT: Nevermind, it states elsewhere that it is so. So a typo then.

Ordered \m/

upload_2019-6-2_0-35-1.png

Is this a typo? (on Time + Space website) Because I'm pretty sure full Symphony Series is supposed to be included in the Collector's Edition.

EDIT: Nevermind, it states elsewhere that it is so. So a typo then.

Ordered \m/
It's not a typo. Symphony Essentials are included in Ultimate. I have them from 11U. However, there is no solo strings. The version with CE has the solo strings and I think more mics or round robins?

It's not a typo. Symphony Essentials are included in Ultimate. I have them from 11U. However, there is no solo strings. The version with CE has the solo strings and I think more mics or round robins?

Collectors Edition includes the full Symphony Series. It's right on the product page:

https://www.native-instruments.com/...dles/komplete-12-ultimate-collectors-edition/

"Includes Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst, Thrill, Kontakt 6 and the full Symphony Series Collection."

You can also see the different between Ultimate and CE on the comparison page:

https://www.native-instruments.com/...plete-12-ultimate-collectors-edition/compare/

Ultimate gets Essentials, Collectors Edition gets Series, and regular Komplete only gets Session Horns and Sessions Strings with no Symphony option.

That's primarily why CE is priced at $2100 retail vs. $1600 for Ultimate.

But some retailers outside Canada charge Canadian sales tax to customers in Canada!! NI is one of them.
NI also charges sales tax for boxed products shipped to U.S. addresses, although not for downloads. So does (I think) IK Multimedia and other developers with offices or warehouses in the U.S. My comment was about retailers like Best Service that only have a physical presence in one country.

NI also charges sales tax for boxed products shipped to U.S. addresses, although not for downloads. So does (I think) IK Multimedia and other developers with offices or warehouses in the U.S. My comment was about retailers like Best Service that only have a physical presence in one country.
Oh your comment was understood correctly......I was just expanding upon it. And while NI and Izotope do have bases in the US, it is my understanding they do not have established business locations as such in Canada....thus MY comment. In any case, what is clear is that I then prefer to purchase from companies located in other countries who do not add on Canadian taxes. We already pay more than enough taxes to governments for purchases made here in Canada!

I purchased Straylight yesterday and was charged sales tax. Probably related to my location, Minnesota, but still... download with tax.

I purchased Straylight yesterday and was charged sales tax. Probably related to my location, Minnesota, but still... download with tax.
Didn't know that, thanks. It's been a while since I downloaded anything from NI. Sales tax across state lines in the U.S. has been changing and I'm pretty sure it will change even more in the next year or two.

The email I got said “within one working day” so hoping to get my license tomorrow...
I suspect that the text of the email changed during the day on Friday. The only email I have received said "Unfortunately no serial number / license code is available for the following product, or the license needs to be individually ordered or generated per customer. Our service team has been informed already and will see to it at once." That was relatively early in the sale.

Didn't know that, thanks. It's been a while since I downloaded anything from NI. Sales tax across state lines in the U.S. has been changing and I'm pretty sure it will change even more in the next year or two.
Yeah. I suppose it’ll be just like anything retail... government has to have their money!

No Replies from T+S to Urgent Support messages re. shipping charges and option to download or receive S/N. :mad: Site clearly shows Free Shipping ... at Checkout ... then $17. charges. (image posted back on #12 )
Not cool !

Sure it's the weekend, but they dropped this darned important Promo on Friday ..... then no support for next two critical days ?? o_O
I think you can calm down. I ordered from them in the past and after buying, I sent them a message and they refunded the shipping for the KU update and sent the serial by email.

I wrote to them Friday and they confirm they can do the same.

They are not working on week-end and they still have no stock until during the week, so no emergency on Sunday....

Last edited:
No Replies from T+S to Urgent Support messages re. shipping charges and option to download or receive S/N. :mad: Site clearly shows Free Shipping ... at Checkout ... then $17. charges. (image posted back on #12 )
Not cool !

Sure it's the weekend, but they dropped this darned important Promo on Friday ..... then no support for next two critical days ?? o_O
I don't know what you're expecting. They'll be back Monday, and you have through June, so no rush

Getting

Getting K6 is a priority and would have preferred having next week. Have some pesky priorities, but so be it.
Now it's all about NI announcement /cost. With K11U installed, will be easiest to choose new content using Native Access.
Well, people deserved to get their week-end resting priorities. They will have to deal with their customer’s pesky priorities when they go back to work...

Top Bottom