What's new

Studio One users, how do you find S1 for big orchestral projects?

I didn't notice anything about expression maps. But I might have missed it. On the other hand, the references to improved CPU management and track groups are probably relevant to this thread.

Another Zzz update for me...

Another huge update for me. Performance improvements sound great. Mixer improvements, video export. Remove unused tracks. Disable all. Macro toolbars get turbocharged.

This may not be obvious to everyone but what is happening here is good. Studio One brings heat into a DAW segment (the all-in-one DAW) that's been dormant for too long. They bring competition, and competition leads to faster development and exciting times for us all! So as a primary Cubase user, I say: go Presonus!

totally agree and looking foward to official launch tommorow....there may be more in depth, than the leaked studio one expert vid...

Last edited:
Another huge update for me. Performance improvements sound great. Mixer improvements, video export. Remove unused tracks. Disable all. Macro toolbars get turbocharged.

This may not be obvious to everyone but what is happening here is good. Studio One brings heat into a DAW segment (the all-in-one DAW) that's been dormant for too long. They bring competition, and competition leads to faster development and exciting times for us all! So as a primary Cubase user, I say: go Presonus!

It's a step up no doubt. Just frustrated that one of the top feature requests, articulation management has not been implemented since 2015. Also looks like they took the video down....

It's a step up no doubt. Just frustrated that one of the top feature requests, articulation management has not been implemented since 2015. Also looks like they took the video down....

S1 fanboy, but Articulation Management has been a sticking point for me.

Currently straddling 2 DAWs - workable.

I will definitely check out the update - the CPU improvement has my attention.

So here is 4.5 with many new MIDI / note editing features, a new video export function (whole video or only a range), a plugin manager (which addresses many issues Studio One users had with crashing 3rd party plugins) many CPU improvements.

Since I could not find a video about the new note editing stuff in 4.5 maybe some are interested in seeing all of them in action. I made a tutorial video... which is in german... but you can mute the sound and just see what's going on in the video ;)

By the way for us "template guys" there is another nice improvement in 4.5: When you save an instrument preset (like "8dio Claire Flute General Arts") we now can select your existing preset folders out of a dropdown list (like "Woodwinds" -> "Flutes") in which the new preset should be stored. In the older versions you had to type the full folder path manually...

I have a similar issue and it's a hard issue to isolate because I only notice it after it's happened and I've never been able to determine a sequence to trigger it. Some of it might indeed be due to the fact that S1 remembers the set up for each track and I've forgotten that I had that track set up differently, but sometimes S1 does seem to revert to something like a default state, because I had just been working on that track and the automation lanes suddenly aren't at all what I was just using. And often the aftertouch lane is open even though I never use it.
I've been working in S1 again and continue to have this behavior. Here are two tracks set up with modulation, expression and velocity, but as soon as I jump out of that instrument, it changes, which is expected. But then it does not revert back when I come back to the instrument and I see no way to set the lanes. So how do I set this up so that every time I come back to the instrument the correct automation lanes appear? (Note that the video just toggles back and forth between two tracks.)

let me ask you guys a question...about articulation management in S1..

I have been prototyping a homegrown articulation management system that would basically run as a VST plugin and provide keyswitching from automation. Is that something that would give you what you need in S1 unless/until PreSonus builds something into S1 itself?

I've been working in S1 again and continue to have this behavior. Here are two tracks set up with modulation, expression and velocity, but as soon as I jump out of that instrument, it changes, which is expected. But then it does not revert back when I come back to the instrument and I see no way to set the lanes. So how do I set this up so that every time I come back to the instrument the correct automation lanes appear? (Note that the video just toggles back and forth between two tracks.)

Odd, I cant replicate that. are you on 4.5.1?

let me ask you guys a question...about articulation management in S1..

I have been prototyping a homegrown articulation management system that would basically run as a VST plugin and provide keyswitching from automation. Is that something that would give you what you need in S1 unless/until PreSonus builds something into S1 itself?

That'd be great. All i have now is a macro that automatically creates articulation notes, but its a bit of a task setting up the various articulations per library.

p.png

Top Bottom