What's new

Spitfire Symphonic Motions: Available Now

Looks sick. One UI/UX thing I would appreciate from Spitfire grids -

Is it possible to allow double-clicking the column of 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, etc icons on the left to set the grid to that row, similar to ctrl/command-clicking a node?

Double-clicking only takes one hand, so it'd be a great QOL feature to be able to leave my left hand on the piano keyboard while working with the UI.

I posted this before but didn't get a response. Can someone who owns this library post an audio of low dynamics and high dynamics for various patches -- including pizzicato -- so that I may get a sense of the range. I'm interested especially in the low end of the dynamics.

I am really surprised there is not a discount for Kepler users. If there was I might consider this. Kepler is more similar to this the the other libraries they are offering discount to.
There are things Symphonic Motions excels at that Kepler is not built to do. I own both. Symphonic Motions is very usable.

I saw that, but the contextual piece Christian posted on page 16 blew me away so I'm much more interested in how that was achieved.
It would be really cool if all these grid based programs have the ability to automatically print the full MIDI data to a duplicate track so one doesn’t have to reconstruct a notation page before going to live musicians.

I posted this before but didn't get a response. Can someone who owns this library post an audio of low dynamics and high dynamics for various patches -- including pizzicato -- so that I may get a sense of the range. I'm interested especially in the low end of the dynamics.

At 5:31 this guy plays with the dynamics…

Just starting to use it and it is beefy as F :emoji_thumbsup:

Where is the elastique setting in the plugin?
edit - ah sorry I see the elastique setting in the quality settings

just have the overlays on their own?
edit - I also see you can deselect any evo to get overlays on their own

Is it possible to alter the balance between the overlays and the evo sounds,
edit - I see so its velocity controlled

🤦‍♂️
It would be nice to have a separate volume and pan control for the Overlay.

I don’t own the library (yet), but I get the feeling that you might have misunderstood this library. There is no midi to export. It is not an arpegiator. It is a recording of repeated notes. The midi would have to be in a separate midi file that would have to be created after the fact to match the recording.

I think Midi Export would be useful here. Any plans to add this @Spitfire Team @SpitfireSupport @christianhenson ?
I might be wrong but please help me to understand your point. How would midi export help?
If you were able to midi export, all you had were whatever notes you played held for as long as you played them. It's recorded how it's played...so midi export would not be equivalent to let's say Taiko creator or something similar because for that, every midi note triggers a sample, yes. But with this library not every note played in the recording is a midi note played (I hope you understand what I mean). So I don't see the benefit of having midi export.
If I understand correctly what you wish for would be a "export to midi what the players are playing" which would be quite different and honestly quite unnecessary since anything rhythmically in the sequencer for "normal" string libraries has to be adjusted to their timing differences anyway so you might as well just play or program it in from the beginning anyway.

Or did I just completely miss the point?
I just don't understand the benefit...

I don’t own the library (yet), but I get the feeling that you might have misunderstood this library. There is no midi to export. It is not an arpegiator. It is a recording of repeated notes. The midi would have to be in a separate midi file that would have to be created after the fact to match the recording.

Yup. Thats exactly what I'm asking for, so it'd be easier to blend in/ layer other instruments...

Yup. Thats exactly what I'm asking for, so it'd be easier to blend in/ layer other instruments...
Well, I can not see this happening anytime soon. It’s like asking for a tool that allows to drop in any WAV and have it converted to midi note information. I’m unaware of such a tool that can do that adequately

Well, I can not see this happening anytime soon. It’s like asking for a tool that allows to drop in any WAV and have it converted to midi note information. I’m unaware of such a tool that can do that adequately

Nope. The midi phrases have to be pre-recorded. Like what Sonokinetic does with it's libs....Think it'd be worth the effort on Spitfire's part...

Nope. The midi phrases have to be pre-recorded. Like what Sonokinetic does with it's libs....Think it'd be worth the effort on Spitfire's part...
So let me check if I understand this correctly. There are recorded phrases - basically including multiple notes per phrase. If I record one MIDI note of such an instrument in my DAW there is a 1 to N ratio of MIDI notes to audible notes that are in said phrase. So for each recorded phrase one would have to re-create phrases manually to “mimic” the corresponding MIDI note information. That note information could then be exported, to replicate the audio phrase using “short” samples, in order to be able to mimic the ostinatos?

Does Sonokinetic do it that way? And what would be the point exactly / the use case if you will? Because I doubt the results would actually sound decent?

So let me check if I understand this correctly. There are recorded phrases - basically including multiple notes per phrase. If I record one MIDI note of such an instrument in my DAW there is a 1 to N ratio of MIDI notes to audible notes that are in said phrase. So for each recorded phrase one would have to re-create phrases manually to “mimic” the corresponding MIDI note information. That note information could then be exported, to replicate the audio phrase using “short” samples, in order to be able to mimic the ostinatos?

Does Sonokinetic do it that way? And what would be the point exactly / the use case if you will? Because I doubt the results would actually sound decent?

You can use other instruments for accents, you can layer drums, you can do so much - use your imagination?

You can use other instruments for accents, you can layer drums, you can do so much - use your imagination?
Ah I see. I was asking a genuine question, because I thought I misunderstood you and wasn’t aware of Sonokinetic’s way of working.

Ah I see. I was asking a genuine question, because I thought I misunderstood you and wasn’t aware of Sonokinetic’s way of working.

My apologies if I came across as brash...was making what I thought was a genuinely useful feature request...

Top Bottom