What's new

New library from OT and NI - ARKHIS

I want to get this but I'll wait for Komplete 13 I think. I'm still on Komplete 12 standard edition not ultimate but if this and some of the other recent ones get included into Komplete 13 Ultimate then ill certainly be tempted to go up to the ultimate version. How much would it normally be to go from a previous standard version of Komplete to the newest Ultimate version of Komplete?

Or will ARKHIS and ARKHER be confined to an upcoming Komplete 13 CE (Collector’s Edition), together with the Stradivari?

With all the very good NI libraries released in the last year, I think I will upgrade to Komplete 13 as soon they announce instead to wait for the first sales. I hope they announce soon!

This does look excellent!! I have been considering getting Time Macro and Micro but I have found them a little too expensive at full price but this looks like it provides similar sounds at a much cheaper price. Im quite tempted to just get it now but know this will most likely end up in Komplete 13 Ultimate.
I got Time Macro for 50% off last year direct from NI. If I were guessing you may be able to buy both Time Micro and Macro for 50-63% off at some point thru NI. Patience.

I don't own a single one from this line of cinematic Kontakt libraries (Straylight, Pharlight, Mallet Flux, etc), but it seems that Native Instruments is continuing their winning combo of organic sound sources that in the past were usually reserved for certain boutique 3rd party developers, and their highly polished and user-friendly GUI's. From what I've seen in the brief overview, Arkhis is not an exception to this. Though I probably won't rush in getting it, sometimes I find it comforting to know that there are more and more of those tools that aim to simplify the complex and often daunting tasks of virtual orchestration, by letting you skip a few pages ahead, so to speak.

Just bought this and had an hour playing with it. Totally blown away. I am someone who loves orchestral texture type libraries and this for me this is about as good as it gets. I tried some of the presets, which all seem lovely. I then got into the individual textures and they are all, without exception beautiful and amazing in their own right. I can see many occasions when I'll just use one texture. Then of course being able to stack three is just brilliant. I nearly talked myself out of this as I'm trying to be good - but well chuffed I got it!

A lot of this library would work really well with Spitfire's Tundra I think and the OACE grid stuff. I see myself getting a ton of use out of this! :)

Last edited:
Just bought this and had an hour playing with it. Totally blown away. I am someone who loves orchestral texture type libraries and this for me this is about as good as it gets. I tried some of the presets, which all seem lovely. I then got into the individual textures and they are all, without exception beautiful and amazing in their own right. I can see many occasions when I'll just use one texture. Then of course being able to stack three is just brilliant. I nearly talked myself out of this as I'm trying to be good - but well chuffed I got it!

A lot of this library would work really well with Spitfire's Tundra I think and the OACE grid stuff. I see myself getting a ton of use out of this! :)
I also picked this up (yesterday) after watching as many videos I could find. I had the same reaction after exploring a bit. There are some beautiful textures going on and I can find a place for this type of material. I'll have to set aside some time to try some custom combinations. I still haven't gotten through all of the presets. There have been a lot of good libraries coming out lately. I think I'm done for this year. Hopefully Steinberg will release Cubase 11 soon so I'll save for that.

Arkhis : The first 25 seconds... ;)

Orchestral Tools - Arkhis
Spitfire Audio - BBC Symphony Orchestra - Core
Spitfire Audio - Symphonic Motions
Spitfire Audio - Symphonic Strings Evolutions
Spitfire Audio - Angular String Evolutions
Spitfire Audio - Percussion Swarm

Soundiron - Voice Of Wind

Interesting. if I have time macro and micro, what can Arkhis give fundamentally new?

Sorry to start off with something that isn't meant to offend, but:
If I have one snare, why should I bother getting another one? :)

To be serious for a second. If you listen to the Arkhis demos and you think that you could gain something from it, that it inspires you, that you think you get the job done faster or simply love the sounds. GET IT!

If you think that this library is not a great addition and that you can do it all with your existing OT libs, then DON'T :)

Sorry to start off with something that isn't meant to offend, but:
If I have one snare, why should I bother getting another one? :)

To be serious for a second. If you listen to the Arkhis demos and you think that you could gain something from it, that it inspires you, that you think you get the job done faster or simply love the sounds. GET IT!

If you think that this library is not a great addition and that you can do it all with your existing OT libs, then DON'T :)

I agree! I think I will buy. Sometimes even one timbre can inspire a project concept

I agree! I think I will buy. Sometimes even one timbre can inspire a project concept

Yep, I hope I didn't come across wrong, but just feel like mention the following:
Back then when I was new to all this, I was asking around about two libraries. I asked all kinds of composers if A is better or B, all the pros were like ... Duuuude, get B ... I got it and even though the lib was very great to use, it wasn't the sound I felt comfortable with. Every time I used it, I sort of forced myself to use it but hey: Dem pros said it was good so this is how it feels.

Today I know I should have listened to my heart and go with the stuff I feel inspired with and have fun using.

I know that isn't quite the same with your concerns right now ... but in a way, when it comes to sample libs or plugins, I feel that something is lame (and no matter how many pros recommend it) or that I get inspired just by looking at the GUI :D

Top Bottom