New library from OT and NI - ARKHIS

Zee

Can anyone tell if these are new recordings? I'm still early in the walkthrough
He states at the start of the walkthrough that they've selected from their collection of samples, so my guess it's not new but maybe they've edited the samples to fit the engine

ka00

He states at the start of the walkthrough that they've selected from their collection of samples, so my guess it's not new but maybe they've edited the samples to fit the engine
Ah thanks. I re-watched and they said "For this collection, we selected the most eclectic and evocative sample material from the vast catalogue of the Orchestral Tools library, recorded a whole set of new and exclusive instruments, and made them a new home in Arkhis."

So there is some new material too, but I'll see if they list how much is exclusive to this library.

JonSolo

Not Han's Brother
Yes, change the misleading title of this thread. At best it should read new Collab between OT and NI.

zolhof

OT knock it out of the park with this one! Tasteful sounds, simple and elegant design... and the option to disable animations is awesome! Other devs should follow this idea.

BassClef

Similar to Elysion but with fewer layers and without a layer appreciator. I like the sounds. Does anyone know if cc11 will control volume and wether or not your sustain peddle will work with this?

Rory

Filmmaker
Just stumbled on to this related video

Robert Dudzic is an interesting choice for early access. I subscribe to his channel, which is unusual and sometimes quite interesting. He's a New York area sound effects/ambience guy, not a musician. He's done some work with RØDE in the past in relation to ambisonic recording of sound effects and background ambience.

Last edited: