What's new

OT : Andea Sample Library by Richard Harvey

I'm not the positive post police, or trying to be judgmental to what forum members post. I'm just surprised how fast negativity seems to win over the positive aspects of any library, seems to be the new trend on the forum these days.
Or really just any topic of any subject or anything tangible the human race gets its hands on these days.

So quick to kill, so slow to accept.

In all fairness it's hard to totally trust a walkthrough. And in this case I can't see him playing so it's hard to tell how easy this is to use. Also, walkthroughs by the devs are carefully planned to show only the things that will impress.

What I heard was gorgeous but I'd love to hear from a customer that has actually tried it.

In all fairness it's hard to totally trust a walkthrough. And in this case I can't see him playing so it's hard to tell how easy this is to use. Also, walkthroughs by the devs are carefully planned to show only the things that will impress.

What I heard was gorgeous but I'd love to hear from a customer that has actually tried it.
The sound is beautiful. The percussion is top notch. It is moderately difficult to adjust to - but nothing too crazy. It's strength lies in the liveliness of each captured performance. If you want complete control and mechanical repetition then maybe think about it a good bit before buying. Some people will call it lively, others will say inconsistent. It isn't perfect but it is definitely pretty special.

I think with this one, sort of like Miroire, the FOMO will kick in after the sale.

I'm not the positive post police, or trying to be judgmental to what forum members post. I'm just surprised how fast negativity seems to win over the positive aspects of any library, seems to be the new trend on the forum these days.
I can’t wait for tomorrow morning when you post “boring” immediately after the Spitfire announcement 😂 pot, meet kettle.

I can’t wait for tomorrow morning when you post “boring” immediately after the Spitfire announcement 😂 pot, meet kettle.
Look, Spitfire fanbois are equally as annoying as OT fanboy. Even though I love my OT, we as consumers should be critics of their products otherwise their overly expensive sample libraries will slowly diminish in quality but the price will stay the same.

The sound is beautiful. The percussion is top notch. It is moderately difficult to adjust to - but nothing too crazy. It's strength lies in the liveliness of each captured performance. If you want complete control and mechanical repetition then maybe think about it a good bit before buying. Some people will call it lively, others will say inconsistent. It isn't perfect but it is definitely pretty special.

I think with this one, sort of like Miroire, the FOMO will kick in after the sale.
Do you have it or is this just your impression from what you've seen?

Understood. Though to be fair it just didn't even seem like @Evans was really being that negative with his comment. He expressed hope for the library being better than Phoenix which he had not had a great experience with (apparently this was true for many people), and also indicated he preferred the sound of a different Ronroco he had heard, which doesn't seem like an unfair thing to say at all.

I think we're all here, the other poster included, because we are interested in this lib and all opinions are valuable. For instance before I read that comment of his, I was not aware of the issues with Phoenix. Being aware of it now, I feel more wary of Andea ... so I'm grateful for his comment.

Hopefully tomorrow brings loads of positive feedback on the lib though. Let's see!

Cool library!
Wait for me UAKTI, I'm coming to dethrone you!

Edit: Does anyone know where can I find PVC tubes sample library?

Could you comment on the Rinroco in particular by any chance?
It sounds good to me. I was drawn more to some of the other instruments, but that's just personal preference.

I saw another user mention something about noise in some of the samples. Is that a very common issue or only in a couple spots?
If they mean a few samples that need editing/tuning then yes there are some spots I came across.

But if they consider the preservation of the recorded details to be a noise issue then I don't really know what to say. That's what makes Andea sound so immediate and alive.

It sounds good to me. I was drawn more to some of the other instruments, but that's just personal preference.

If they mean a few samples that need editing/tuning then yes there are some spots I came across.

But if they consider the preservation of the recorded details to be a noise issue then I don't really know what to say. That's what makes Andea sound so immediate and alive.
Interesting take. I guess it depends on how they sound. Tarilonte libraries have player noise in them but it’s intentional and I think it sounds good and natural. I wonder if it was intentional here.

Do you by any chance know how many dynamic layers there are on the plucked instruments?

Top Bottom