What's new

OT : Andea Sample Library by Richard Harvey

To those who own the library or some instruments a la carte: how are you finding the playability of the stringed instruments? As in, do they feel easy and natural under the fingers, plucks and strums? I've struggled quite a lot to use the guitars in LA Sessions when compared to other guitar libraries, so just wondering how these guys stack up.

Definitely see myself buying some standalone winds from this collection though, either way

Does anyone know if you buy a few individual instruments and then decide to buy the entire library whether you get credit for the instruments you purchased?

Does anyone know if you buy a few individual instruments and then decide to buy the entire library whether you get credit for the instruments you purchased?
You do get some credit, but at least for me it's been 60% rather than the 70% the other user mentioned. For instance, full Miroire is 400 euros. I just got the two choirs a la carte, which combined cost 98 euros. If the credit were 70% then my price to "complete" the library should be about 330 euros, but it is actually shown as 340 euros.

I am overwhelmed by the dimension that YouTube vids bring to this lib. What a great way to preserve those miracolously gifted people in a digital form. I was hesitant at first announcement (though I love the style), but after watching the vids, it's a no brainer. Thank you OT!

I got this last night. Loving it so far. Sounds amazing. Also, when I wear my scarf it takes it to next level 😉

Last edited:
This looks and sounds like an amazing and fantastic library! I would really like to purchase a license for this and dive into composing with it. My only hesitation with this product is the SINE player. I have never used the SINE player before (I mainly use Kontakt formatted libraries).

There have been a few comments on this forum previously about some difficulties with the SINE player, for example here:

Anyone else having problems with SINE player???

Can anyone comment who bought and is using Andea Sample Library (or individual instruments) about the reliability of the SINE player with it? Is the SINE player rock solid in your DAW and with your operating system platform? What DAW and operating system are you using and having good success with SINE player, with no crashes or problems?

Thanks very much in advance for any comments to help put my mind at ease about the reliability of SINE player before I purchase a license for Andea.

This looks and sounds like an amazing and fantastic library! I would really like to purchase a license for this and dive into composing with it. My only hesitation with this product is the SINE player. I have never used the SINE player before (I mainly use Kontakt formatted libraries).

There have been a few comments on this forum previously about some difficulties with the SINE player, for example here:

Anyone else having problems with SINE player???

Can anyone comment who bought and is using Andea Sample Library (or individual instruments) about the reliability of the SINE player with it? Is the SINE player rock solid in your DAW and with your operating system platform? What DAW and operating system are you using and having good success with SINE player, with no crashes or problems?

Thanks very much in advance for any comments to help put my mind at ease about the reliability of SINE player before I purchase a license for Andea.
SINE has been pretty solid for me, but they have a lot of free libraries you can use right now to test the stability of SINE on your system.

So I bought one flute. I still am very confused using Sine but the legato articulation loaded up and it was only 8 notes like one octave but just the white notes. wtf? I could load up an articulation of sustains that had the chromatic notes.

Am I missing something?

Top Bottom