What's new

Orchestral Tools - TIME MACRO - Released!

That was the easiest pre-order decision I've ever made. The price is highly attractive AND, that list of articulations looks stellar. Everything about this library is right up my alley. Can't wait!

This is a tough one for me. I really want to know if an Ark4 is coming this November or not. That would really be the deciding factor for me to buy this...

I am wondering if the samples here are all brand new recordings, or if any samples have been borrowed from the orchestral series, or the ARK series? Thanks! :)

I am wondering if the samples here are all brand new recordings, or if any samples have been borrowed from the orchestral series, or the ARK series? Thanks! :)
These are definitely all new recordings mainly because these are orchestrated instrument groups and of player counts they haven't really done before. Not to mention completely new articulations that they've never done.

These are definitely all new recordings mainly because these are orchestrated instrument groups and of player counts they haven't really done before. Not to mention completely new articulations that they've never done.

Maybe. There in fact are new articulations that they've never done. Aside from that, I am sure that there are at least some new recordings.

But you cant look at groups and player counts as being the deciding factor here. A developer can easily record 8 violins at one session, 4 at another, and bill it as a 12 violin seciton. I am pretty sure that's not what OT is doing here, just asking :)

I luv OT... not a bunch of blather, direct... unlike the other goliath which generates 50 pages of garbage prior to every release...why do you all play this game, people? I have the inspire coupons... said to myself, "I've enough" but.. I'm intrigued.. Will wait for walk through.. and, yea... luv OT

ARK4...been hanging on to a few duckets... know it's gonna be the bomb...

Anyone know if with OT libraries, if the sample files are separated such that you can delete mic positions you don't use/need? (after backing them up, of course!)

My laptop hard drive is seriously full, and the secondary drive is a pain to use. I move unused mic positions to 2nd drive, for Bernard Hermann, Sacconi Quartet, and SCS, which are huge.

Sascha's one of the best composers out there. If I were ranking composers, I'd put him ahead of the current cinema "biggies." Goes unerringly right to the heart of whatever tools he's using, be it musical or visual, or whatever.

Yes! I've gone back to listen to the Ark 1 trailer score several times. When the choir comes in... shivers!

Anyone know if with OT libraries, if the sample files are separated such that you can delete mic positions you don't use/need? (after backing them up, of course!)

My laptop hard drive is seriously full, and the secondary drive is a pain to use. I move unused mic positions to 2nd drive, for Bernard Hermann, Sacconi Quartet, and SCS, which are huge.

Hi!

I'm afraid that is not possible, because the files are encrypted by instrument, not by mic position.
It is possible in all non-Player collections.

best

Tobias

Is there an additional discount for owners of other orchestral tools libraries?
A.F.A.I.K. no, nor is this to be expected. But, if you bought Inspire 1 or 2 for example, you received a voucher that could be used towards a purchase in the future. Regardless, if one looks at the intro price and compares it with the 'retail' price that will be in effect later, it will be noted that the library is already heavily discounted right now.

Reactions: JW
Top Bottom