What's new

Orchestral Tools - TIME MACRO - Released!

Thank you OT. This library is a gem. When it was first announced (as is usually the case) I was thinking "I'm sure this is nice but I don't need it". And while I guess that is strictly true I'm very glad I picked it up. After watching the walkthrough videos I could see those types of sounds and articulations being useful in two projects I have in my head at the moment. Having looked briefly at the actual content I know now that it will be very useful and has already inspired some new development and writing on those projects. A lot more to come, and I could see this library being a quite pivotal part of it.

I don't see/feel/hear a lot of overlap with other libraries I have (and I have several of the textural releases from other well known devs) but I do see this complementing what I already have very well. (of course YMMV). Above all, this just sounds so beautiful. The choirs are really wonderful and although I'm not far into my explorations of this library I'm also loving the low strings. As many have said the vibe+harps are great too.

So this is probably a Newb question but I just don't do this enough to remember how to install this manually...or with another workaround.

I am installing TMA on a slave computer that at the moment has lost its ability to connect to the internet (wireless connects to router but not internet....this is a separate problem that I'm also trying to figure out). I was able to download all the files (21 "part" samples rar files, capsule container rar file and Instruments zip file) on another computer and move them over to this slave computer. I have Connect installed (v 3.2.4) on the slave if I need to use connect. But I seem to remember being able to install a library without using Connect (7-Zip?) in the past but I don't remember how.

So my question....how can I install TMA without the computer connecting to the internet (which I'm thinking Connect needs) if I have all the files downloaded?

You just have to unpack them in the right folder (/Orchestral Tools/Time Macro). Start with unpacking the part1 rar file and it will unpack the other 20 parts automatically. Then unpack the capsule container rar file and Instruments zip file separately. There is an exe file (and a Mac equivalent) in the root folder after unpacking. To be honest, I don't know what it's for, but I ran it just to be sure.

There is only one problem, you have to add the library to Native Access and that requires an internet connection (or so I believe). Otherwise it won't show up in the library tab of the Kontakt player. Not too much of a big deal if you have the full version of Kontakt, because then you can open the instruments from the file browser within Kontakt.

Orchestral Tools.
One suggestion for an upcoming Capsule Update: you could implement an Ostinatum sequencer. That would be very very useful. Really.
Just a suggestion......

You just have to unpack them in the right folder (/Orchestral Tools/Time Macro). Start with unpacking the part1 rar file and it will unpack the other 20 parts automatically. Then unpack the capsule container rar file and Instruments zip file separately. There is an exe file (and a Mac equivalent) in the root folder after unpacking. To be honest, I don't know what it's for, but I ran it just to be sure.

There is only one problem, you have to add the library to Native Access and that requires an internet connection (or so I believe). Otherwise it won't show up in the library tab of the Kontakt player. Not too much of a big deal if you have the full version of Kontakt, because then you can open the instruments from the file browser within Kontakt.

Your reply helped a TON. Thank you. It surely wasn't easy (though I did fix the wireless/internet issue) as the rar files didn't automatically unpack after the first file. I had to manually unpack each file. But no problem now...Time Macro is installed and working beautifully!

Thanks for your help.

Orchestral Tools.
One suggestion for an upcoming Capsule Update: you could implement an Ostinatum sequencer. That would be very very useful. Really.
Just a suggestion......
Orchestral Tools, a couple hiccups to report:

-I get hanging notes when switching between individual instruments in the same instance of Kontakt (using Logic art mapping). Basically it sounds like every note I play hangs and never releases, so it turns into a giant organ sound. However no problems when I use the multis. There are no multis of the full orchestra and time altered patches, so I'm still looking for a fix for those.

-In the brass multi, the air and the air swell patches both just load up a blank keyboard for me.

On the whole, the library rocks.

Top Bottom