What's new

Orchestral Tools - TIME MACRO - Released!

You can always subscribe at YouTube and click on the bell to be notified when it's been uploaded:

Orchestral Tools | YouTube

In the meantime, there's still a week left before the deadline. As long as Orchestral Tools doesn't release a walkthrough at the 11th hour, we should have time to watch it and make our decisions before the opportunity to buy at the pre-release price has passed.

Best,

Geoff

In the meantime, there's still a week left before the deadline. As long as Orchestral Tools doesn't release a walkthrough at the 11th hour, we should have time to watch it and make our decisions before the opportunity to buy at the pre-release price has passed.

Yes, but what of those of us undergoing the agonizing process of continually trying to resist the urge to pre-order this thing before the walkthrough arrives? What about OUR pain?

:elephant: :dancedance:

Thank you! After just a few minutes in I was impressed by how useful so many of these patches will be, reminds me of a new Symphobia (but a quarter the price), even the clockwork and slowed patches are great. Kudos OT.

Last edited:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Heart attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M A R V E L O U S . Really a fantastic library. Thanks so much for the 2 walkthroughs.
I absolutely love everything. So i can't say much more.....I want this library.
Ambiences, movement, sound design, reverse, loops and the dynamic layers of the ostinatos are a so good addition to ARK3's ones.

And the choirs.......ahhhhhhhhhhh !
Everything is moving.....great.

Thank you Orchestral Tools for making so good libraries.
I told me the other day that i would buy every new OT product.....That's the case.

Last edited:
im curious if the demo tracks on the site were created using only time samples? I doubt it, but wanted to check. I seem to not recall a piano being mentioned. Was just trying to get an idea of overall sound.

Fuck, my wallet is starting to fear for its life. Anybody need a kidney?

I don't need a kidney, but I could do with an extra wallet right now.

But seriously, quite impressed by the quality of the sound and the amount of possibilities this library has to offer. I guess that's my birthday present sorted out.

im curious if the demo tracks on the site were created using only time samples? I doubt it, but wanted to check. I seem to not recall a piano being mentioned. Was just trying to get an idea of overall sound.

Except of Benny Oschmann's demo all pieces are made exclusively with Time macro. Benny also used some other Orchestral Tools collections:

TIME macro patches:
01. Orchestra:
- Full Orchestra Hymnus

02. Altered Time:
- Chrono Reversed
- Decelerate Time
- Strings Shivering

03. String Orchestra:
- String Orchestra Very Slow Tremolo
- String Orchestra Tremolo Bursts

05. Mixed Choir:
- Mixed Choir Sustains Uuh
- Mixed Choir Sustains Nnh

06. Individual Sections:
- High Strings Sustains Tremolo Bursts
- High Strings Tremolo Flageolet
- Low Strings Very Slow Tremolo
- Low Strings Sustains Col Legno
- Low Strings Clockwork Tonal Basses Only
- High Woodwinds Sustains Accents Ad Lib
- Low Woodwinds Sustains 5th Drops
- Low Woodwinds Clockwork Tonal
- Brass Marcato Long
- Harps and Vibes Single Hits
- Harps and Vibes Clockwork

Other Orchestral Tools collections:
- Metropolis Ark 1
- Metropolis Ark 2
- Berlin Strings Special Bows
- Berlin Woodwinds
- Berlin Percussion

Except of Benny Oschmann's demo all pieces are made exclusively with Time Macro. Benny also used some other Orchestral Tools collections:

TIME macro patches:
01. Orchestra:
- Full Orchestra Hymnus

02. Altered Time:
- Chrono Reversed
- Decelerate Time
- Strings Shivering

03. String Orchestra:
- String Orchestra Very Slow Tremolo
- String Orchestra Tremolo Bursts

05. Mixed Choir:
- Mixed Choir Sustains Uuh
- Mixed Choir Sustains Nnh

06. Individual Sections:
- High Strings Sustains Tremolo Bursts
- High Strings Tremolo Flageolet
- Low Strings Very Slow Tremolo
- Low Strings Sustains Col Legno
- Low Strings Clockwork Tonal Basses Only
- High Woodwinds Sustains Accents Ad Lib
- Low Woodwinds Sustains 5th Drops
- Low Woodwinds Clockwork Tonal
- Brass Marcato Long
- Harps and Vibes Single Hits
- Harps and Vibes Clockwork

Other Orchestral Tools collections:
- Metropolis Ark 1
- Metropolis Ark 2
- Berlin Strings Special Bows
- Berlin Woodwinds
- Berlin Percussion
I love the clockwork sounds. What a beautiful touch!

@OrchestralTools - I'm loving what I'm seeing and hearing. Can't wait to download this. I do have one nitpicky critique based on what I heard in the walkthrough (Ch. 2 @ 30:35). The Mens Choir Sustain Ahhs have an extremely abrupt dynamic shift in the lower half of the modwheel position based on the video. It seems like this could use some dynamic smoothing to refine the dynamic cross-fading a bit. I didn't hear it so much in the Womans or other patches but this one just really stood out to me. Anyway, I'm looking forward to next week!!

Cheers,

C

Wish I had the walkthroughs when doing my demo, always interesting to hear more of what one can do. The time based stuff is impressive (well it all is but I was not aware of all the possibilities). Using the Clockwork patches gives you similar results to "The Orchestra" but with the OT sound!

Top Bottom