What's new

Orchestral Tools - TIME MACRO - Released!

Tobias, I can see why you might want to avoid the abbreviation "TM" for TIME macro, as "TM" normally stands for "Trademark;" but what does the "A" stand for in "TMA?"

Best,

Geoff

The abbreviation stands for Time MAcro ;) Very boring.
We always have 3-letter abbreviations, which is mainly a technical thing in the documentation internally, because that operates with variable placeholders, Berlin Strings is abbreviated BST for the same reason.
Also I like having these abbreviations in my templates ;)

Tobias, I can see why you might want to avoid the abbreviation "TM" for TIME macro, as "TM" normally stands for "Trademark;" but what does the "A" stand for in "TMA?"

Best,

Geoff
Time MAcro?? Time Macro Aquisition? :)

EDIT: Just noticed Tobias' post crept in in front of mine, and he already confirmed "Time MAcro". Oh well, at least my guess was right. :)

Last edited:
But, if you bought Inspire 1 or 2 for example, you received a voucher that could be used towards a purchase in the future.

MA1 came with a Loyalty Voucher, which got applied immediately to MA2 when it came out.

I don't recall seeing Loyalty Vouchers accompanying purchases of MA2, MA3, or Berlin Strings, First Chairs, 2.0 — were there any, that I somehow missed or never received?

There was a special price for MA2 if you owned MA1, and a special price for MA3 if you owned MA1 or MA2. That's it !

But these are not like vouchers. Vouchers are available when buying the Inspire series and apply to any product.

There was a special price for MA2 if you owned MA1, and a special price for MA3 if you owned MA1 or MA2. That's it !

But these are not like vouchers. Vouchers are available when buying the Inspire series and apply to any product.

MA1 came with a "Loyalty Voucher" for MA2 (it says so right in the e-mail Subject line), and there was an MA3 "Loyalty Discount" for MA1/2 owners, but my question wasn't what name to call each discount, it was whether buying MA3 or BSFC2 earned any TIME MACRO loyalty love, in whatever form it may take.

If the answer is "no," then my question is answered..............

Friday ...if i compare to BI2....
I too am waiting for a walkthrough. This is a wonderful sounding library. To me it's a bit like an orchestral version of the old Korg Wavestation, and that would be a great tool. Scriabin might come back from the dead just to play with it. Let's find out how versatile it can be. Finger's on the trigger, but the demo's include other OT libraries so they sound great, but may not be fully representative of the product.

I was looking for a voucher from when I bought Ark 3 but I was informed there was no voucher for Ark 3. :( This is the second time I will be passing on OT this year. I just blew 1400 bucks on software and have to draw the line somewhere. (I can't believe I actually typed that)

Top Bottom