What's new

Omnisphere 2. A must buy?

Zebra is definitely the next one. Can't wait. Learn one at a time though otherwise I'll just flirt with this stuff and not master it.

I respectfully disagree, once I mastered Zebra I sold Omnisphere, and never needed it since. There was a short cue I was paid to write last year, and the director actually demanded I use Omnisphere . I told him sure, did the cue up with Zebra, and spent my money.

There are differences, however I would venture to say that you could do quite well with one or the other. I have.
Without having ever heard any music from you, despite many asking for a link of something you have done, I'm not really sure what to think of your advice on this. No disrespect intended but how do I know you know what you are talking about without hearing something you have done with either Omnisphere or Zebra? I'm buyin both. Choice is king in my opinion. And different clients want different stuff.

Then Diva, Then Pro-1, then Bazille. :cool: Synthmaster is also very good. Make sure you check out the demo versions of both.

Zebra is definitely the next one. Can't wait. Learn one at a time though otherwise I'll just flirt with this stuff and not master it.

Reactions: rvb
Posting this again ..... but not much can convince of Omni2 capabilities better than series of PluginGuru.com 'Livestream' videos, now available on the site. Incredible power of Omni2 taught/demo'd/uncovered in each of these recent Livestreams.
'Caveat' .... John is highly talented, but laidback and it's important to not be putoff by his casual style. Live audience (global) is growing quickly and he responds to chat posts as they come in. Huge benefit in recorded versions as one can fast forward as desired !! :thumbsup:

Bottom line .... Omni2 is a powerhouse still being unleashed. Worth checking out IMHO.

Without having ever heard any music from you, despite many asking for a link of something you have done, I'm not really sure what to think of your advice on this. No disrespect intended but how do I know you know what you are talking about without hearing something you have done with either Omnisphere or Zebra? I'm buyin both. Choice is king in my opinion. And different clients want different stuff.

All respect, but what you think of my advice isn't anywhere near as important to me as getting my view out there, so young composers don't rush to buy the most recent gear because it's "new" and "oh dear everyone is buying this". Real concerns.

No one is obligated in the slightest to listen to anything I have to say; if you don't want to take what I say with some measure of faith, it matters little to me. I just want to help, and provide different perspectives. And that's what you do on a forum.

I did expect some enmity when I wrote my original post btw. Take it however you like, hopefully you'll do what's best for your music.

All respect, but what you think of my advice isn't anywhere near as important to me as getting my view out there, so young composers don't rush to buy the most recent gear because it's "new" and "oh dear everyone is buying this". Real concerns.

No one is obligated in the slightest to listen to anything I have to say; if you don't want to take what I say with some measure of faith, it matters little to me. I just want to help, and provide different perspectives. And that's what you do on a forum.

I did expect some enmity when I wrote my original post btw. Take it however you like, hopefully you'll do what's best for your music.

I haven't rushed out to buy anything and nor have I ever. The simple fact is, is that you have personally said that you have "Mastered" Zebra. I would like to hear some of your music because that's an amazing synth and if you have mastered it then you must be amazing and I think it would be a very cool thing to share your experience and knowledge. Why would anyone listen to what you have to say based on "Faith". This isn't believing in God. It's music production and when someone says they have mastered something, it really shouldn't be a problem for them to demonstrate their masterful ability. Then people won't listen to your advice based on "faith", they will listen to you based on respect because of what you can do. Take that however you like. I have said or done nothing wrong.

I haven't rushed out to buy anything and nor have I ever. The simple fact is, is that you have personally said that you have "Mastered" Zebra. I would like to hear some of your music because that's an amazing synth and if you have mastered it then you must be amazing and I think it would be a very cool thing to share your experience and knowledge. Why would anyone listen to what you have to say based on "Faith". This isn't believing in God. It's music production and when someone says they have mastered something, it really shouldn't be a problem for them to demonstrate their masterful ability. Then people won't listen to your advice based on "faith", they will listen to you based on respect because of what you can do. Take that however you like. I have said or done nothing wrong.

I never said you did anything wrong, and I'm both grateful and flattered by your words. However, besides the fact that I happen to like you @jononotbono I think I made a mistake throwing Zebra into this conversation and not concentrating on the plus side of Omnisphere, which indeed is quite a large side of that synth. They're both great, so I'm going to take a powder.

Good day to you, my friend, I hope your greatest masterpieces are ahead of you!

I never said you did anything wrong, and I'm both grateful and flattered by your words. However, besides the fact that I happen to like you @jononotbono I think I made a mistake throwing Zebra into this conversation and not concentrating on the plus side of Omnisphere, which indeed is quite a large side of that synth. They're both great, so I'm going to take a powder.

Good day to you, my friend, I hope your greatest masterpieces are ahead of you!

No mistake re. Zebra. Little doubt the same longer term time and effort with Omni2 would have resulted in similar 'mastery'. Having BOTH is a great scenario, yet Yin Yang likely enters in at some point. Hard to be 'best' at both, but one surely becomes more a personal fav ??
Will add Zebra2 /HZ someday ..... then Omni2 will have to 'share'. ;) (only 24 hours in a day) .....

Are there any recommended walkthroughs on Omnisphere? Thought I'd ask before wading through You tube. Man, I'm so excited I finally own this!

+1 on Synthmaster and Synthmaster One. Or get the Everything Bundle.
As for Omnisphere 2, gotta love the integration with Keyscape as well.
But do check pluginguru.com as you'll see why it's so special.
His latest packs are just, well, unbelievable.

Top Bottom