What's new

Omnisphere 2. A must buy?

Buying Omnisphere Feels like I've just opened some kind of sonic Pandora's box. And the kicker, I don't get it till Monday. I love how much love people have for it.

It really is a delight. I recommend a separate special money jar for pennies towards O2 expansions for Black Friday :)

@Parsifal666

Trying to PM you but it won't let me? Please don't feel like you can't contribute to this thread! You are obviously most welcome to man! In other words, respectfully, give me your Omnisphere tips and tricks ;)

Last edited:
And if I can please pitch my fellow programmer and friend @Vin patch sets for Omni they just fit music like a glove, he also offers a free set that works with 1/2..
https://midissonance.com/

I haven't grabbed these yet, but the demos and walkthrough sound fantastic. There are so so many Omni sets out there and TBH I feel like a lot of them cover the same ground over and over again, these sound fresh and crisp (not drowning in reverb). Top stuff.

I'm not sure what I'm waiting for...

Just to add to the Zebra/Omni discussion. I have both. If I were proficient, I am sure I could do so much more with both. Being a preset pusher, I LOVE having both. I would be lost without either as they make it into most of my productions. Sometimes they are merely a pulse. Other times they are the lead or the backbone of the production.

You will love Omnisphere. And if you don't have Zebra...get it.

Just to add to the Zebra/Omni discussion. I have both. If I were proficient, I am sure I could do so much more with both. Being a preset pusher, I LOVE having both. I would be lost without either as they make it into most of my productions. Sometimes they are merely a pulse. Other times they are the lead or the backbone of the production.

You will love Omnisphere. And if you don't have Zebra...get it.

Kinda guess the answer ....BUT how big a deal is HZ at same time? Makes for free Update later, but really wonder how much it adds right up front ??

While I realize Omnisphere is more of a synth than a sampler, I don't think soft synths are exactly in the same ballpark. I don't know of another VI that mixes samples with synthesis so deftly; and because of this, the spectrum of what Omnisphere does well can range from acoustic to synthetic productions and everything in between. I think that's why Omnisphere is so widely used by so many of us.

I've been a user since Atmosphere 1.0, and each version of its evolution to Omnisphere 2 has remained one of the most important plugins in my setup.

Having said that—while Omnisphere 2 is among my top plugins—Diva is my go to VI for getting an analog synth sound. Omnisphere is far more wide-ranging, but Diva does that one thing really well.

Similarly, there are plenty of sample libraries that can claim more realism; but again, that mixture of sampling and synthesis is Omnisphere's forte. The fact that its realism and synthesis are both independently good as well is the icing on the cake.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:
While I realize Omnisphere is more of a synth than a sampler, I don't think soft synths are exactly in the same ballpark. I don't know of another VI that mixes samples with synthesis so deftly; and because of this, the spectrum of what Omnisphere does well can range from acoustic to synthetic productions and everything in between. I think that's why Omnisphere is so widely used by so many of us.

I've been a user since Atmosphere 1.0, and each version of its evolution to Omnisphere 2 has remained one of the most important plugins in my setup.

Having said that—while Omnisphere 2 is among my top plugins—Diva is my go to VI for getting an analog synth sound. Omnisphere is far more wide-ranging, but Diva does that one thing really well.

Similarly, there are plenty of sample libraries that can claim more realism; but again, that mixture of sampling and synthesis is Omnisphere's forte. The fact that its realism and synthesis are both independently good as well is the icing on the cake.

Best,

Geoff

This is a great post. I shall look into Diva when I have at least played with O2 for a while as I find having too many things to play wth generally detracts from how good I get with each one. I generally only buy things when a project comes up that is basically calling for it and this approach helps with this type of thing. Monday can't come soon enough.

I'm really curious about using my Seaboard Rise with it. This could be the best thing ever! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom