What's new

What library do you want that does not yet exist?

Wind/Concert band. Not just woodwinds/brass in cinematic/orchestral sizes either— something more like what you get in educational settings (flutes a6 etc). This of course includes all the various saxophones sampled with more than just jazz in mind— and again, in some varied ensemble sizes. You could probably skip perc as most perc libraries could supplement for that.

No soprano sax but infinite woodwinds lets you build pretty flexible ensembles... 3 flutes + transpose function gets you a6.

Waiting for infinite strings myself ...

I do wish there are libraries that can let you change the number of players. Let's say you have a library with at max 8 horn players, you just change the number of players to 3 for example. I think letting us change the number of players can make our chords sound much more realistic because most libraries with a baked number of players like 6 horns playing chords sound cluttered (per note is 6 players playing that note, so 18 players playing a chord sounds cluttered and unrealistic but not to say they sound bad, it's just not realistic and organic sounding) This idea might sound dumb to others but eh its a cool idea I think.

I do wish there are libraries that can let you change the number of players. Let's say you have a library with at max 8 horn players, you just change the number of players to 3 for example. I think letting us change the number of players can make our chords sound much more realistic because most libraries with a baked number of players like 6 horns playing chords sound cluttered (per note is 6 players playing that note, so 18 players playing a chord sounds cluttered and unrealistic but not to say they sound bad, it's just not realistic and organic sounding) This idea might sound dumb to others but eh its a cool idea I think.
When I was going through the walkthrough of Cinesamples libraries, they actually have this function. It is called a chord function. When you turn it on, it will split the players between the notes played. So if there were 6 player, then 3 each would play a 2 note chord and 2 each would play notes on a 3 note chord. I may not be explaining it well. Basic divisi?

If you just want to change the number of overall players? I want to say Sessions Stings Pro or Sessions Horns Pro does that? I haven't played with it in a while, but I seem to remember being able to switch out and turn off players? But it isn't really orchestral.

In an ideal world, I'd love to have a single library with a flute/oboe/clarinet/bassoon recorded apart and together in each (practical) combination. And then have an intelligent playback system that can detect unisons and trigger the specific patches with those combinations recorded together in the room.

Dimension strings from VSL does exactly that. And apparantly a few others, like dzilizzi said.

In a world where everything exists a thousand unique times over, what do YOU still feel is missing, or that you wish worked in a certain way/sounded/acted in a certain way. Would love to get some active input into a future release centred entirely around what the community feel they are missing. A collaboration with the people who known best, you!

Those here that know our output know we tend to deal with the creation of soloist libraries centred around characterful players with tons of personality in performance. So any wierd and wonderful solo instruments the world over would be a good starting place, but no bars held, what do you want in your locker that you currently do not see in existence?

Over to you...
I wish the entire Spitfire library had 8 dynamic layers (ppp, pp, p, mp, mf, f, ff, fff).

I don’t disagree with you, but fewer players especially live brass instruments will sound much bigger than the VI equivalent. Plus, several VI Libraries have become good enough these days to fool most audiences so though I do want these leading companies to improve their products, I wonder if it even matters anymore for film and tv audiences.

I would like to have a string library that really works. instead of rushing out the twentieth string library, again with a limited number of samples and several shortcomings here and there, I would like to have a really well crafted library. I think that technology already allows for way better libraries, it's just that the vendors want to make money, so they don't go into much detail. A library that uses extensive sampling, well crafted round robins, cautiously selected and cut legato samples, with the highest effort on quality assurance, that would really be a dream. of course it would cost a lot more than nowadays' libraries, but for the pro market segment that would be okay.
Add to that ,round robins with different players not quite blending here and there.

Would like to see more like Output’s Exhale. I love vocal libs that go beyond solo or choral voices, yet preferably without getting too “synthy”. For instance, blending vocals with woodwinds into organically evolving pads.

I don’t disagree with you, but fewer players especially live brass instruments will sound much bigger than the VI equivalent. Plus, several VI Libraries have become good enough these days to fool most audiences so though I do want these leading companies to improve their products, I wonder if it even matters anymore for film and tv audiences.
Yeah, brass sounds the best when there are fewer players. I tend to use brass samples that are recorded with smaller players for triads, even just using a solo horn patch playing 4 notes at once sounds big already. When it comes to legato melodic lines I go for the higher player patches.

I’d like to see more guitar/electric guitar plugins that can be played on a MIDI controller, each note individually. Native Instruments has its finger picked acoustic plugin, which I think is the closest I will get to getting my wish.

Honestly, though, I think most of what I want already exists.

I would appreciate more encompassing artist or style related libraries, like EastWest’s GhostWriter (Steven Wilson) or Fab Four (The Beatles) including dedicated instruments and vocals. Fluffy Audio’s Spaghetti Western lib seems interesting as well in that way, but I haven’t checked it out yet.
Anyway, I’m thinking of a “progressive rock” (Pink Floyd) style library holding all sorts of classic sounds, like the female voice of Great Gig In The Sky.

Last edited:
I think there was a sale on Bravura scoring Brass does this

Also I think a lot of the Chris Hein work does this with the strings

Proper done Short Trems and Trills, that can be played in chords for all woodwinds and strings.
OT got some, but it's a huge fiddling until they sound right. Really strikes me that no one else ever took care of these articulations.

Top Bottom