What's new

Time to jump on the Melda express?

I'm curious now - If I get MSoundFactory, I no longer need my MPowerSynth since there's one in MSF? BTW, Melda's own site has a confusing entry. To wit:

"Download MeldaProduction universal installer, run it and make sure you select MSoundFactory to be installed. You will get MSoundFactory when the fully-functional MSoundFactory 15-days trial version expires."

Last edited:
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes or violating a term of service that I missed, but I'm a MeldaMoonie and saw someone mention the Meldaproduction referral code in passing. It deserves being spelled out in more detail. Using one gets you 20% off a purchase the first time you use it (I had thought that you had to use it on your first purchase, but apparently that's not the case, it's a one time coupon). The purchase has to be directly from Meldaproduction's site.

The way to get what you want from Meldaproduction as cheaply as possible (outside of a reseller's special sale price, which can be really good) is to wait for the product you want to come up on the Eternal Madness Sale, where he rotates the entire catalog through a week-long 50% off sale 3 products at a time. So for instance, when MSF comes up in the Eternal Madness Sale, it will be about $155, and with the referral code, another 20% off. Makes it about $120 if my math is right. Also, don't forget to do this: if you sign up for their newsletter for the first time, you will get a 10€ credit. Stack all that up and MSF gets even cheaper.

If it takes a while for your desired product to come up, a couple of times a year they have 50% off everything sales. I once took great advantage of a 60% off everything sale they had. Wound up with the MEssentialBundle for next to nothing because with bundles, they credit your previous purchases if the products are in the bundle.

You can use any existing user's code, if you'd rather that a friend get the credits, or just use MELDA65032871.

Last edited:

I've always been interested in Melda products, but there's one thing that always put me off about these plugins, the interfaces that are clearly not user friendly.
I tested a demo one day because I needed a pitch shifter, and just for this simple pitch plugin I was traumatized, because I think you need a PhD in engineering to master it. :laugh:

I've always been interested in Melda products, but there's one thing that always put me off about these plugins, the interfaces that are clearly not user friendly.
I tested a demo one day because I needed a pitch shifter, and just for this simple pitch plugin I was traumatized, because I think you need a PhD in engineering to master it. :laugh:
They aren't hard to use at all! Just a little plain-looking, and with a couple of issues like pop up menus that need to be closed as a separate click and parameters that don't return to zero without entering the number.

The consistency across all Melda plugins means you only have to familiarise yourself with the approach once.

Though I do think it is funny that options for different interfaces were introduced, but it is only in some barely noticeable colours at the boarders.

I've been playing for like an hour with the demo of MSF and sweet mother of Jesus... yeah it's good.

I haven't even scratched the surface... more like looked at it... from a distance 😂 but here are my quick initial impressions.

The UI is ugly but honestly it's not as bad as I assumed it would be. The weirdest thing is actually how some panels are stretched over a huge space.

Regarding the general workflow... it's... fine? There's practically no learning curve for the bread and butter stuff. In like 10 mins I was adding oscillators, filters, effects, modulations, etc. The navigation between modules is very quick. Click on the grid, open a module, edit. Reminds me a lot of Zebra.

Of course it has its own idiosyncrasies and I've had a couple of head scratching moments, but the general structure makes perfect sense. A lot more sense than say Falcon which is structured like a Russian Matryoshka doll of nested layers and doesn't seem to want to help you navigate that structure. MSF is direct and straight forward.

MSF has a lot of little things that are fantastic in terms of workflow. For example, all generator modules have a mix knob for example. When I saw that I said "exactly!" out loud. All synths should have that.

Many of the advanced modules will certainly take time to master, but thanks to the presets with custom UIs (like MTurboDelay) I really don't see myself digging deeper than that for quite some time. I mean, does anyone really need more than 40 freaking delay plugins?

And the sound... I love it but don't expect the U-He mojo here. It does have some "analog" options for pitch drifting and such but, so far, I wouldn't say it has a naturally analog juicy sound. It's probably the filters although maybe I just need to dig deeper into this thing.

I could go on for hours... but yeah this is really a "desert island synth". It's not a synth though... it's more like everything everywhere all at once.

Yeah I'm a convert. I've seen the light.

And I still haven't even loaded a sample 😂

I've been playing for like an hour with the demo of MSF and sweet mother of Jesus... yeah it's good.

I haven't even scratched the surface... more like looked at it... from a distance 😂 but here are my quick initial impressions.

The UI is ugly but honestly it's not as bad as I assumed it would be. The weirdest thing is actually how some panels are stretched over a huge space.

Regarding the general workflow... it's... fine? There's practically no learning curve for the bread and butter stuff. In like 10 mins I was adding oscillators, filters, effects, modulations, etc. The navigation between modules is very quick. Click on the grid, open a module, edit. Reminds me a lot of Zebra.

Of course it has its own idiosyncrasies and I've had a couple of head scratching moments, but the general structure makes perfect sense. A lot more sense than say Falcon which is structured like a Russian Matryoshka doll of nested layers and doesn't seem to want to help you navigate that structure. MSF is direct and straight forward.

MSF has a lot of little things that are fantastic in terms of workflow. For example, all generator modules have a mix knob for example. When I saw that I said "exactly!" out loud. All synths should have that.

Many of the advanced modules will certainly take time to master, but thanks to the presets with custom UIs (like MTurboDelay) I really don't see myself digging deeper than that for quite some time. I mean, does anyone really need more than 40 freaking delay plugins?

And the sound... I love it but don't expect the U-He mojo here. It does have some "analog" options for pitch drifting and such but, so far, I wouldn't say it has a naturally analog juicy sound. It's probably the filters although maybe I just need to dig deeper into this thing.

I could go on for hours... but yeah this is really a "desert island synth". It's not a synth though... it's more like everything everywhere all at once.

Atta boy!

Pier, this post just makes me happy. Waiting for another “mind blown” post as soon as you’ve stumbled upon TurboReverb ;)

1658002583940.png

Give it time. You'll find some reason to hate it and give up in despair!

Hopefully not!

Actually, I don't find it nearly that easy to use and I'm far less keen on the sound compared to another synth that I think it is probably unnecessary to mention but which is incredibly intuitive to use because of all the great layers and nesting.

Waiting for another “mind blown” post as soon as you’ve stumbled upon TurboReverb ;)
Oh I've stumbled upon it alright 😂

My current impression is "Jesus fucking Christ this is the best algo reverb I've ever heard". It might be a bit premature though.

Edit:

I thought Benn Jordan was probably exaggerating when he said it's one of the best reverbs but now I feel sincere regret.

There isn’t one single best reverb, but MTR does sound incredible. And if you’re into building actual algos… you can.

But I just stick to the warm hall preset which is gorgeous.

Top Bottom