What's new

Time to jump on the Melda express?

Okay I finally figured this out.

@h.s.j.e is correct. I can now access all of MDrummer and MPowersynth through the FX section in MSoundFactory. It seems to be working without limitations.

Not only that but you can access all of MSoundfactory in MSoundFactory through the FX section.

Give it a try and see if I'm missing anything.

Open MSoundfactory
Click Edit
Go to the FX section
Go to the Synthesis section and you will see MDrummer, Powersynth and SoundFactory listed. You can access the full versions of these in MSoundfactory. Why you can, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

@h.s.j.e is correct. I can now access all of MDrummer and MPowersynth through the FX section in MSoundFactory. It seems to be working without limitations.

Not only that but you can access all of MSoundfactory in MSoundFactory through the FX section.

Open MSoundfactory
Click Edit
Go to the FX section
Go to the Synthesis section and you will see MDrummer, Powersynth and SoundFactory listed. You can access the full versions of these in MPowersynth. Why you can, I'm not sure.

Thank you! Of course, it wouldn't be listed with the oscillators! I should have realised that!

But I didn't...

Open MSoundfactory
Click Edit
Go to the FX section
Go to the Synthesis section and you will see MDrummer, Powersynth and SoundFactory listed. You can access the full versions of these in MPowersynth. Why you can, I'm not sure.
Does the computer on which you tested this have a licensed copy of MDrummer installed?

If yes, would somebody who does not have an MDrummer license please repeat the same test on his/her system? Thanks!

Does the computer on which you tested this have a licensed copy of MDrummer installed?

If yes, would somebody who does not have an MDrummer license please repeat the same test on his/her system? Thanks!

I don't have an MDrummer license, and MDrummer is indeed in the Synthesiser section of the Effects.

I still don't know how to use it fully and, not having MDrummer, I can't compare the options.

I don't have an MDrummer license, and MDrummer is indeed in the Synthesiser section of the Effects.

I still don't know how to use it fully and, not having MDrummer, I can't compare the options.
I downloaded the MDrummer Demo and found that it's identical to MDrummer inside MSoundfactory. So I can't find what's missing other than in both versions it seems to be really difficult to figure out the mixer mostly because it's so damn hard to read. Famous Melda GUI strikes again. For such professional sounding plugins is hard to imagine why the GUI's are so bad.

Also, I have used MPowersynth for years so know that the Powersynth in MSoundfactory is the exact same which is kind of cool.

Then it is mind boggling that you can pull up a full version of MSoundfactory within MSoundfactory. I think they are playing a joke :)

I downloaded the MDrummer Demo and found that it's identical to MDrummer inside MSoundfactory. So I can't find what's missing other than in both versions it seems to be really difficult to figure out the mixer mostly because it's so damn hard to read. Famous Melda GUI strikes again. For such professional sounding plugins is hard to imagine why the GUI's are so bad.

Also, I have used MPowersynth for years so know that the Powersynth in MSoundfactory is the exact same which is kind of cool.

Then it is mind boggling that you can pull up a full version of MSoundfactory within MSoundfactory. I think they are playing a joke :)
I wanna believe, but very hard if MDrummer is $109. / MSoundfactory @ $132. at Plugin Boutique.
I asked Melda Prod as well _ here is their Reply:
" MDrummer can be used in the MSoundFactory's FX section, you can also use all of its great drum samplers and synthesizers inside the Generator modular environment.
But you can't use MDrummer itself as an individual instrument (out of MSoundFactory). In this case you need to own the individual MDrummer licence "

Seems some MDrummer functionality is in MSoundfactory, but not full VSTi capability.

Last edited:
I wanna believe, but very hard if MDrummer is $109. / MSoundfactory @ $132. at Plugin Boutique.
I asked Melda Prod as well, and received confusing Reply as well. Seems some MDrummer functionality is in MSoundfactory, but not full VSTi capability. Hope I'm wrong, not not going ot gamble without more clarity.
I think they are making it purposely confusing and I'm glad @h.s.j.e persisted.

I read another thread on KVR going down this same path and Melda stated that you could do this but then left the thread in the same confusion that we are experiencing now. But this is what I gathered so far.

MDrummer and Powersynth need to be part of MSoundfactory in case some developer or Melda themselves create an instrument in MSoundfactory that needs the functionality. It has been stated that MSoundfactory is in its infancy and it's hoped that it will be the last instrument that Medla makes thus it is safe to assume that in the future the other two Melda instruments will just be folded into this one and perhaps no longer offered. But that is an assumption.

I think they are making it purposely confusing and I'm glad @h.s.j.e persisted.

I read another thread on KVR going down this same path and Melda stated that you could do this but then left the thread in the same confusion that we are experiencing now. But this is what I gathered so far.

MDrummer and Powersynth need to be part of MSoundfactory in case some developer or Melda themselves create an instrument in MSoundfactory that needs the functionality. It has been stated that MSoundfactory is in its infancy and it's hoped that it will be the last instrument that Medla makes thus it is safe to assume that in the future the other two Melda instruments will just be folded into this one and perhaps no longer offered. But that is an assumption.
This also, from MSounfactory descriptive text:

MDrummer modules​

You can not only put MDrummer inside MSoundFactory's FX section, you can also use all of its great drum samplers and synthesizers inside the Generator modular environment. Creating both acoustic and electronic drums inside your sounds have never been easier.

Doesn't go on to emphasize need to purchase MDrummer separately to do this _ as well as use full MDrummer functionality as VSTi.
I am off in a limited interest area here, MDrummer, and was temporarily pumped up to think $132. for MSoundfactory could include it. All seems clearer now.

MDrummer modules​

You can not only put MDrummer inside MSoundFactory's FX section, you can also use all of its great drum samplers and synthesizers inside the Generator modular environment. Creating both acoustic and electronic drums inside your sounds have never been easier.

Doesn't go on to emphasize need to purchase MDrummer separately to do this _ as well as use full MDrummer functionality as VSTi.
I am off in a limited interest area here, MDrummer, and was temporarily pumped up to think $132. for MSoundfactory could include it. All seems clearer now.
"Never been easier"..... It took two forums and serveral weeks of inquiry to figure this out. Jesus! Drumlab for this has "never been easier", I'm still trying to figure out how to lower the overheads in MDrummer....wow....

MDrummer modules​

But MSoundFactory is a VSTi. So if it does all the drumming of MDrummer, there is no need to get MDrummer once you have MSoundFactory.

Now, with the other effects, it makes sense to have separate plugins so you can apply them to other instruments, and as sends. But that doesn’t apply to MDrummer.

I think that’s right... In other words, Sostenuto, you might want to buy MSoundFactory if it doesn’t cost much more. Or play it safe and go with the only thing you want (it should lower the price if you want MSoundFactory later).

Or get something else that’s easier to figure out. Like an actual drum.

Last edited:
But MSoundFactory is a VSTi. So if it does all the drumming of MDrummer, there is no need to get MDrummer once you have MSoundFactory.

Now, with the other effects, it makes sense to have separate plugins so you can apply them to other instruments, and as sends. But that doesn’t apply to MDrummer.

I think that’s right... In other words, Sostenuto, you might want to buy MSoundFactory if it doesn’t cost much more. Or play it safe and gomwith the only thing you want (it should lower the price if you want MSoundFactory later).

Clearly MSoundfactory is super deal @ $132. if full MDrummer capability is present. Melda Prod info does not state this, and not sure that other posts do either. Hope PB Promo holds a bit longer to better sort how much MSF actually does with MDr.
Admittedly, non-drummer limitations make this deep capability more of future potential. Same with UVI - Drum Designer _ especially after Venus Theory YT.
Kit designers' choices are preferred, at this point, versus changing out various kicks, snares, etc.

I think that’s right... In other words, Sostenuto, you might want to buy MSoundFactory if it doesn’t cost much more. Or play it safe and gomwith the only thing you want (it should lower the price if you want MSoundFactory later).

It does seem rather redundant to get MDrummer if you have MSoundfactory. So far I haven't spotted one difference between the VSTI version and the MSoundfactory version.

Since I know MPowersynth rather well I can say that both versions are identical. So it's almost safe to assume that both versions of MDrummer are identical. As a matter of fact when working with MDrummer in MSoundfactory you forget that you're even in MSoundfactory. It's a fairly transpart host in that regard.

Bonus is that now I've been introduced to MDrummer and it sounds great!

Clearly MSoundfactory is super deal @ $132. if full MDrummer capability is present. Melda Prod info does not state this, and not sure that other posts do either. Hope PB Promo holds a bit longer to better sort how much MSF actually does with MDr.
Admittedly, non-drummer limitations make this deep capability more of future potential. Same with UVI - Drum Designer _ especially after Venus Theory YT.
Kit designers' choices are preferred, at this point, versus changing out various kicks, snares, etc.
I've been eyeing UVI Drum Designer. I'll check out his video.

Also, Venus Theory pretty inspiring. To achieve what he has is remarkable.

It does seem rather redundant to get MDrummer if you have MSoundfactory. So far I haven't spotted one difference between the VSTI version and the MSoundfactory version.

Since I know MPowersynth rather well I can say that both versions are identical. So it's almost safe to assume that both versions of MDrummer are identical. As a matter of fact when working with MDrummer in MSoundfactory you forget that you're even in MSoundfactory. It's a fairly transpart host in that regard.

Leaning to MSF ! IF _ only benefit of MDr for -$23. is standalone VSTi usage, MSF is no brainer, in my case. Thank-you for much added testing and info !

Regards

I've been eyeing UVI Drum Designer. I'll check out his video.

Also, Venus Theory pretty inspiring. To achieve what he has is remarkable.
He is inspiring, but he also makes every product look great. It is only safe to watch his videos if he is covering something you already own.

Also, the sale on UVI’s Drum Designer seems to have ended.

Leaning to MSF ! IF _ only benefit of MDr for -$23. is standalone VSTi usage, MSF is no brainer, in my case. Thank-you for much added testing and info !

Regards
If you need any help with MSF hit us up in this part of the forum. It takes a little getting use to but everyday that I work with it, the more excited I get. It's really a great find and I have @doctoremmet to thank for urging me in this direction. I was on the fence for a while.

Last edited:

Open MSoundfactory
Click Edit
Go to the FX section
Haha, thanks for the shout-out! Glad I’m not crazy, and most of all I’m glad we all get MDrummer and Powersynth, and I’m not going to wake up one day to a “Trial Ended” screen.

Their communication is so strangely obtuse. On the one hand, they hype that you can use MDrummer and Powersynth inside of MSF, and on the other hand, they keep selling the standard versions and don’t tell you explicitly where to find them inside of MSF.

@sostenuto If you just need one more enthusiastic voice, I totally endorse joining the MSF party. It’s terrific—although there are a couple of multi parameter, custom gui, and arp options I’d love to see them adopt for instrument-building purposes.

Top Bottom