What's new

Spitfire Westworld - Winner Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
11,000 Wow!

Congratulations David!
I thought your pacing was dead on!
And congrats to all the fellow entrants.
I hope you all learned as much as I did!

Read comments on youtube, their promotion just backfired.All of their potential loyal customers, composers, well...won't be loyal anymore... Personally,for me it wasn't funny piece, but its just personal.

Cheers!

btw* but the amount is really astounding, i never expected so many, i really thought it would be about 2-3k.... :D

Yeah, his entry is really a matter of taste. I really dig it. But then again, imagine if this would have been the actual score in the series... I probably would have considered it way over the top.

All in all it was a fun thing to participate in. It definitely sparked a renewed interest in orchestral composition for me. But I guess I should look more into chiptune. The sound of the future. :) The guys at plogue are probably gonna see their sales ramped up quite a bit following this competition.

Congrats David and all the other winners! I somehow knew David's entry was going to be at the very least shortlisted. Everything about it stood out in a good way.

@David Kudell What sample library or plugin did you use for the 8-bit sounds?

I don't know what Westworld is and I was completely out of the loop in regards to this competition, but the winning track is real fun, creative and a clever artistic statement. Like it a lot.

Congratulations David, a job very well done!

And I am totally shocked by the way people respond on the announcement video... really crazy. How does one expect to become a professional composer if you are so easily offended and don’t see the bigger picture and of course one can disagree, but the hatred, the conspiracies brought in... jeez, I am flabbergasted.

Congratulations to David and everybody else! @David Kudell Your submission was one of the most memorable one. I didn't think you were going to win, not because it was bad but because I didn't think the judges were going to dare. I'm however very happy you won and think it's fully deserved!

To people who are sad they didn't win: that's how the industry works, we often don't know what the director is looking for when pitching for a film, but it's usually someone who took risks who wins. If you didn't win it doesn't mean your entry wasn't good. Rinse, repeat and one day it will go your way!

I was surprised about how short the announcement video was.

I was expecting quite a long stream, with analysis of all of the 6 winners, and maybe a comment or two from the famous judges.

Seemed very much like a "brush it under the carpet" event : / .

Lovely. I guess beeing friends wirh all the Hollywood elite pays off in the end. Good job!
There are some conspiracy theorists that looked up my IMDB and found that one of my gigs when I was an assistant sound editor 15 years ago was on MI:3. I had to explain that us lowly assistant editors never worked with the directors, and assure them that JJ Abrams has no idea who I am.

I was surprised about how short the announcement video was.

I was expecting quite a long stream, with analysis of all of the 6 winners, and maybe a comment or two from the famous judges.

Seemed very much like a "brush it under the carpet" event : / .

If they have had to watch as many versions of the clip as I think they have, I'll bet they never want to see it again for the rest of their lives.......

Congratulations to the winner and to the runners up!!

It was a good competition and I had great fun entering and learned a lot too. But... wow... 11,000 entries! What can you say, other than this is a massively competitive industry and as well as the pros, there are a lot of talented hobbyists out there. Well done to everyone who gave it a go!

There are some conspiracy theorists that looked up my IMDB and found that one of my gigs when I was an assistant sound editor 15 years ago was on MI:3. I had to explain that us lowly assistant editors never worked with the directors, and assure them that JJ Abrams has no idea who I am.
That's exactly what I thought when I see you were just some editor on a 2006 movie. As if he'd remember one of the thousands of people who worked on the movie 15 years later and convinced the other 2 on top of it. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom