Spitfire Westworld - Winner Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezus

Great choice for winner, it was definitely the one that stuck out the most to me. Also really glad the Alan Silvestri-style one from the other thread got runner-up. It was pretty funny watching all the comments on the livestream going "Are you kidding?! Is this a joke?!" as if the contest had a "no fun allowed" rule or something. Lots of butts were hurt today.

dedene

At what page did he posted the entry here ?

It was one of the few entries I remembered very well, so winning is well deserved! Congrats! 😄

easyrider

I humbly submit my entry! My take on Caleb's genre switch was to enter the world of a video game with 8-bit music and sound. I had a blast with this melody and creating fun variations building up to the final climax.

This was such a great experience. Thanks to everyone involved for putting on this competition. Thanks for listening!

Congrats Dude :dancer:

Well done David!! Gotta say I *loved* all of the runners up as well - always a good sign when you shout “YES!” At the top of your voice while watching or laugh out loud in surprise!!

and well done to everyone who entered - the practice involved in taking part is super good for leveling up your skills.

good stuff!!!

P x

michalioz

I thought there was going to be at least a live stream instead of a 5-minute video. It looks like people are in need of something fun and light in this covid-19 situation, which explains things. Otherwise I don't see how the 1st prize would ever make it into the actual scene. A bit ironic after all these heated debates on architecture and storytelling :) Congrats to everyone for skilling up - I hope we get more of this!

Last edited:

David Kudell

Not standard issue
Well done David!! Gotta say I *loved* all of the runners up as well - always a good sign when you shout “YES!” At the top of your voice while watching or laugh out loud in surprise!!

and well done to everyone who entered - the practice involved in taking part is super good for leveling up your skills.

good stuff!!!

P x
Thank you so much Paul, this competition was amazing in giving so many of us an opportunity to score to an awesome TV show! I had so much fun with this scene!

Zedcars

Klaatu barada nikto
Congrats David. I watched this competition unfold from the sidelines. I played with the idea of entering, but in the end knew the competition would be fierce, so got on with other things.

I must say, I was a bit shocked by all the negative comments on YouTube. No need for that - what does it achieve but make them look like a bunch of...

Kjenx56

Thank you so much Paul, this competition was amazing in giving so many of us an opportunity to score to an awesome TV show! I had so much fun with this scene!
Congrats David !
I suspect you’ll be getting lots of calls soon.
if you find yourself in need of an assistant, I’m available and have a valid passport 👍🏽

Reactions: mkm

josephspirits

At least a few of the winners embraced the genre change a bit. Was a bit surprised by some of the ones that didn’t make it, even out of the small pool I watched. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.