What's new

Spitfire Westworld - Winner Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDRU

Lovely Buddy
Thank you so much Paul, this competition was amazing in giving so many of us an opportunity to score to an awesome TV show! I had so much fun with this scene!

Well done David! This entry is like a needle in a haystack. I really love the writing and transition.

sherief83

Congratulations to all the winners! :) i'd be very curios aside from all the viewer attention if you come out with something out of this for your career...no not more spitfire libraries, just genuine next level path now. hope you all capitalize on this and don't miss a beat!

oh and don't let the haters get you all down...stand up, take advantage of all this and be very proud!

Loïc D

Monkeying with libraries
Congrats David !
I suspect you’ll be getting lots of calls soon.
if you find yourself in need of an assistant, I’m available and have a valid passport 👍🏽

Ah yes, David, please let us know if there's any follow up after your victory.

Did anyone spot the other runners up ?
The first one sounded very good to me (Rachel), I'd like to give it a watch.

That said, with 11k entries, I wonder if Spitfire did listen to all the entries or if they did a prefiltering based on Youtube views... :whistling:

Dale Turner

Jeez, I’d be curious to know their judging process for 11,000 entries. Yikes!

I (sort of) thought, given the multitude of entries, they'd automatically filter out (to lessen the numbers, right off the top) all the ones that somehow had a sample rate conversion error (ones that are like 4:06, which ended up at 44.1k instead of 48k). But nope! 4 of the 5 runners-up actually had that issue as well... thought hey obviously sounded glorious! Yes, must've been a CRAZY process.

frioventus

Congrats David! It really felt very different from the others. Spitfire said They was looking for creativity. Most entries were too simple, including mine.

David Kudell

LA-based Composer
Thanks everyone. Still in shock over here!

I'm not too surprised by the reaction - a lot of positive and negative comments - but that's to be expected with such an unorthodox entry. I'm really just so happy a lot of people got to listen to my music! It doesn't get any better than that as a creative person.

jonathanparham

Thanks everyone. Still in shock over here!

I'm not too surprised by the reaction - a lot of positive and negative comments - but that's to be expected with such an unorthodox entry. I'm really just so happy a lot of people got to listen to my music! It doesn't get any better than that as a creative person.
CONGRATULATIONS! Wonderful storytelling

ElCampesino

So apparently there were over 11,000 entries... I think it's hard to believe they gave every single one of them a proper listening and honestly I don't blame them if they didn't. Even if you'd only listen to 1 minute of every entry it would take 183 hours to get through them all. That's 23 solid 8 hour days without break. You could of course divide the work, but still, it's absolutely massive.

Either way, with so many entries there's bound to be some kind of chance factor involved. Can't really argue with the winners though, definitely solid compositions. I know there's a lot of flak coming at the judges on youtube for selecting David Kudell's chiptune composition. But I kinda understand why they chose it. It stands out and provokes a laugh. If you're grinding through hours and hours of epicness (which most participants submitted), this really is a fresh shower.

Loïc D

Monkeying with libraries
it was exceptionally detailed and well planned, with a team - a number of spreadsheets - I’m sure you can imagine!! We listened to every single entry.

I’m seeing Dolores in my dreams

:eek: Paul & all Spitfire crew, my condolences.
It must have a been a crazy lockdown.

Take a rest, and have nice holidays all !

And thank you 1000x for the contest.

Ok now, when the next one ? :P

Redsa

Spritz
I've got to be honest and say the standard of all the runners up and the winner was pretty poor to my ears. I was expecting someone to come up with something amazing and was left pretty dissapointed. Yeah, the winner was a bit out there, but it wasnt executed particularly well (no offence).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom