What's new

Spitfire Westworld Competition SPINOFF - Composition Discussion, Advice and Examples

Haha, I love it. If I wasn’t watching it, and just hearing it from another room, I would think someone was watching a late sixties detective film. Good job!

Haha I almost went full-blast on that angle but it was too late, so it kinda got sprinkled in there along with about a million other half-implemented ideas.

Appreciate the feedback!

Haha I almost went full-blast on that angle but it was too late, so it kinda got sprinkled in there along with about a million other half-implemented ideas.

Appreciate the feedback!

Love it man! I almost feel 60s detectives are going to knock on my door. Maybe it's 60s looters instead. :laugh:

By the way, I found mine does not have the following info at the end of my YT video description while everybody else does:

Category : Music
Suggested by WBTV : HBO

It's just if you select a category for the video. I don't think it really matters imho. As long as you have the tag #westworldscoringcompetition2020 and submitted your link and info to the Spitfire page I think that's all you need.

I honestly think your entry is gonna be one of the top contenders to win this damn thing. ) Everything here is so spot on!
Hey thanks mate, but I doubt it; I've heard some crazy submissions already 😅
Yours is killer btw I wish I'd thought to go flamenco, best of luck!

I hope I'm the only one using trap drums. If not please share the others with me!

Lol I had trap drums in my entry for whenever the bad guys were on screen, but later removed them to focus only on the orchestra.

Haven't seen any others with them. Great entry!

Love this! Best genre change I've seen out of any entry so far. But careful man, the rules state that no themes/ideas from Westworld may be used. I'm an avid watcher of the show, so I picked up on what you got goin during that sneaky HBO closing card :sneaky:

I also struggled a lot with this. I had a written a little jazz riff quote of the theme for the title cards at the end, that was quite different note wise, but ultimately improvised something different to play it safe.

Hello, my first post here and first-ever action sequence score. I've lately mostly been writing music for 3-year-olds :) I only found about the competition on Tuesday, decided not to listen to the real version in order to avoid the influence of how it is "supposed to sound", so needless to say I was quite surprised today to find the Valkyries had flown into the scene. I guess there's a connection to previous events somewhere or do you know why he uses that reference? Now all I can think of are the helicopters moving in over Vietnam. Glad I found this forum today from searching for the hashtag, seems like a really helpful crowd! So, greetings from a well-lit night sky in Helsinki and a correspondingly overpositive score, with some overused (i get that now...) BRAAAWs. Tried to mix this at -23LUFS but didn't quite make it before having to submit. Thankful for any feedback.

It's just if you select a category for the video. I don't think it really matters imho. As long as you have the tag #westworldscoringcompetition2020 and submitted your link and info to the Spitfire page I think that's all you need.
Thanks Peter. The "Suggested by WBTV : HBO" thing shows up in the video description today, don't know what it is though. By the way, there is a typo error in your signature which you may want to correct...

Top Bottom