What's new

Show me your desk

Studio B has a new desk from AZ Workstations. Very impressed with this desk and the company, highly recommended (and I've gone through a LOT of desks):

20240426_162934.jpg

The only thing I don't like is the computer keyboard shelf is too high, for me. I would need to figure out a different solution if it was my main studio but otherwise I love it. These are the old 02R96s, they aren't hooked up to anything... may just keep keep or harvest them for parts, not sure.

:thumbsup: Good to hear that you like AZ's work as I'm about to order the Apex from them pretty soon

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 5.04.12 PM.png

Good to hear that you like AZ's work as I'm about to order the Apex from them pretty soon
It's really nicely built and assembly was easy. I'm in LA so they personally delivered it.
The adjustable [piano] keyboard tray is nice because there is literally less than 1mm wasted space between the RD2000 and the [computer] keyboard shelf.

With a smaller keyboard than the RD2000 I think it would work better. But the issue is the chair I have in there, the ubiquitous Herman Miller Aeron, doesn't go high enough either way. I need it to go another inch or two higher, and if I had a smaller keyboard even more. My only solution to mouse at that weird height is these long arm rests to aleviate wrist pain:

Screenshot 2024-04-26 171714.png

My 'studio' is the corner of our livingroom, lol.
Right there with you. Our third bedroom is our office. I get the NW corner, my wife’s desk is on the north east corner, behind me is a rather large craft worktable and on the other side of the room is the sewing machine and all that goes with that. But with the wall treatment in my corner and everything else in the room with carpeting, I really don’t have a problem with standing waves. 😅

We were fortunate in our move last year to find a new construction home with full finished basement, including a bedroom that I claimed for my office/studio space. It's a peaceful wooded view out the back.
Yeah, I really envy you. I spent 20 years with my studio in a Brooklyn basement, and I swore that when I moved my new studio would have windows. We, too found a basically-new home with a finished basement but my peaceful wooded view is blocked by a concrete foundation wall. The garage gets the view, and I get the cave, again. </first-world problems>

But the issue is the chair I have in there, the ubiquitous Herman Miller Aeron, doesn't go high enough either way.
You can order larger casters for it.

I had to do that years ago when I replaced the carpet around it with parquet. They bring it up just high enough.

The garage gets the view, and I get the cave, again.
I love caves. I've always dreamed of having like an underground bunker as my studio. No distractions. No changes in light. No noise from the outside.

Basements are not common in the countries I've lived. Seems to be mostly a US thing.

I hadn't seen this thread before. There are some pretty nice setups in here!

It's interesting to see how the setups vary from one to another and seeing the different styles and vibes that people choose.

I hope to have a separate room somebody that I will be able to allocate to my musical pursuits. It'll have to be in a different apartment than where I currently live, because there's definitely no room here.

Top Bottom