What's new

Show me your desk

I just pulled everything out and re-racked and re-wired my entire studio, took a full week. Looks basically the same but one new desk anyway figure I'd post some pics.

My furniture in the main studio is custom built to my specs by the old KK Audio in LA. The Yamaha Motif keyboard is sunk 3 inches down into the desk so that it is level with the computer keyboard.. because of the Ergorest wrist supports I can use both keyboards with barely moving my arms, it's my solution to the age-old keyboard vs keyboard debate. Main desk:

20240426_163118.jpg

Couldn't be happier with the one 55" monitor. Upper right rack (4U blank panel) is waiting for the Korg Wavstate that I pre-ordered a few months back.

Left side, mixer desks. New 43" monitor is also great, it's just a mirror of the main for mixing:

20240426_163028.jpg

I just replaced the 02R96s with new 02R96s. Not very exciting but every 10 years they need to be refurbished for the cost of about $6,000 and I didn't want to be down for a couple weeks... figure it buys me another 10 years with these until I figure out a better option.

Little synth station behind me:

20240426_163018.jpg

Sound Construction desk in the living room (highly recommended, super solid) used to house some old Tascam DAT, cassette, minidisc, etc, that I never touched. I replaced it with another little synth station I can mess around with, and record of course if needed... everything wired back into the main studio:

20240426_163006.jpg

Upper left red/green box is a Roland TB-3 it only does one thing but it does that one thing so incredibly well... very useful.

Rest of the "living room":

20240426_162948.jpg

Three mics on the leslie at all times for quick recording, there's also a Yamaha C3 mic'd up off to the left. Table next to the B3 will hold a Moog Matriarch I ordered but is backordered at Sweetwater.

Studio B has a new desk from AZ Workstations. Very impressed with this desk and the company, highly recommended (and I've gone through a LOT of desks):

20240426_162934.jpg

The only thing I don't like is the computer keyboard shelf is too high, for me. I would need to figure out a different solution if it was my main studio but otherwise I love it. These are the old 02R96s, they aren't hooked up to anything... may just keep keep or harvest them for parts, not sure.
nice desks

Top Bottom