What's new

NI Komplete 12

If you are in the US and import from the UK from a company that ships there, I presume it will be subject to import duties at the USA end.

Dont know if its obvious to evrybody (for me it was not...): "Free shipping" only works for GB/UK. So for germany (I think it will be the same for most part of the EU) it really only makes the deal interesting if you dont want to wait for NI update deal and have faith that shipping works the same (in germany of course with NI thats kind of assured inside one country) and you are interested in the Go2. With adding shipping costs the difference only is about 20 €. I am still thinking (even if I posted the TS link in here).

I have not upgraded since K9 Ultimate as every time they announce the next version I already have most of the new products I am after as I get tempted on release or when they have those 50% sales (most recent example bought Thrill and India in last Xmas sale).

So in the Ultimate upgrade only things in it that might tempt me are Kontakt 6, Massive X, Session Horns Pro, Middle East, Session Guitarist Electric.

There is also Cuba, Session Strings Pro 2, Kinetic Metal and Kinetic Toys but not so bothered about those.

Not sure £309 is enough of a carrot.

And also pretty flat about Kontakt 6 as I am not a developer so the "new features" don't excite me and I expect if I need to run new K6 player libraries I could run the K6 Player plugin alongside K5.

Dont know if its obvious to evrybody (for me it was not...): "Free shipping" only works for GB/UK. So for germany (I think it will be the same for most part of the EU) it really only makes the deal interesting if you dont want to wait for NI update deal and have faith that shipping works the same (in germany of course with NI thats kind of assured inside one country) and you are interested in the Go2. With adding shipping costs the difference only is about 20 €. I am still thinking (even if I posted the TS link in here).
I got KU11 on sale from Time space a while ago. At that time, I could get a picture sent from them from the serial inside the box. They refunded me the shipping, since they sent me only the serial by email. You should contact them about this possibility.

I got KU11 on sale from Time space a while ago. At that time, I could get a picture sent from them from the serial inside the box. They refunded me the shipping, since they sent me only the serial by email. You should contact them about this possibility.
I checked and they are willing to do this.

They seem like the best deal going right now. First, their price is the lowest I've seen. Second, for a limited time, they are offering free copies of Rob Papen's Go2 ($50) with every purchase; and third, you get loyalty points with them, which reduces the price even further.

If you are in the US and import from the UK from a company that ships there, I presume it will be subject to import duties at the USA end.

Should not apply since the value is under $2500, if you are the end user. And they send via Royal Mail...so tax and duty free usually.

Should not apply since the value is under $2500, if you are the end user. And they send via Royal Mail...so tax and duty free usually.
I've done a lot of reading and that is commonly thought to be true, but is not necessarily true. I contacted Fedex and the woman told me there is a $20 fee immediately on software. As to any additional duties, she said I would have to contact a broker. All tariffs are in flux in the US because of our President's peculiar economic notions, so we can't let the past assure us what's true today.

Anyway, I won't buy from T&S unless they can assure me it's serial only. I don't need the hard drive.

For the record, T&S is willing to go the long haul...even sending me the serial in advance of sending the box, or refunding my shipping and send nothing. Great bunch of guys over there!

For the record, T&S is willing to go the long haul...even sending me the serial in advance of sending the box, or refunding my shipping and send nothing. Great bunch of guys over there!
I ordered mine the day the deal was announced I believe, any idea when the boxed version will be shipping?

I've already made my purchase of the KU12 upgrade. I've asked them not to send the box and to refund shipping costs. The serial number is all I need. I'm actually more excited about Rob Papen's Go2 than many of the things that come with Komplete 12 Ultimate--for example, the expansions.

Everything goes out Monday, October 1st.

I've already made my purchase of the KU12 upgrade. I've asked them not to send the box and to refund shipping costs. The serial number is all I need. I'm actually more excited about Rob Papen's Go2 than many of the things that come with Komplete 12 Ultimate--for example, the expansions.

curious without derailing the thread what makes you excited for Go2? I'm trying to figure out whether i'd keep or try to sell. What in your mind makes it different or special from other softsynths?

I did not see Go2 as an offer. Do they just add to my account? Or did I need to enter a code?

curious without derailing the thread what makes you excited for Go2? I'm trying to figure out whether I'd keep or try to sell. What in your mind makes it different or special from other softsynths?
I've been watching videos about it since it came out. I have a lot of complicated synths with infinite options, but sometimes I just like simple one-page synths like many I have on the iPad (Sunrizer, Magellan, Synth One, etc) I can take a look at it and generally I know how to program it. I like that it is driven by a loopable XY pad that allows you to morph between the two oscillators (plus other assignable modulation). It's not just about the basic sounds (sort of 80s Jupiter-8, which I personally love) as the interesting movement I can get by modulating between the two osciallators in different ways. Another thing that intrigued me right off the bat was the sequencer allows you to put in chords in each step. Papen released it with a ton of presets, but I believe he added some after that--it's 750 now, organized in bank folders in a nice preset manager.

In short, I think this is a synth I will actually use and enjoy. But it's personal. Maybe it won't be for you.

I'm not crazy about this preset video. I know I can do better with the chord feature on the arps. But here it is.

I always bought the boxed version of Komplete. How does it work when you don't? You just fill in the serial in Native Acces and all products show up in the download section?

I always bought the boxed version of Komplete. How does it work when you don't? You just fill in the serial in Native Acces and all products show up in the download section?
I think so. All my Komplete Ultimate libraries have the same serial.

Top Bottom