What's new

NI Komplete 12

Reid Rosefelt

aka Tiger the Frog
Based on previous years, it's likely that Komplete 12 will come out by August or September of this year.

So far, the upgrade will probably include Thrill, Strummed Acoustic 2, Symphony Essentials Percussion, Kinetic Toys, and the new ModPack Effects released today.
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/new-modpack-effect-series-from-native-instruments.68705/

It's interesting that two of the recent additions to the NI product line (Kinetic Toys and the Modpack effects) are expansions from their Christmas gifts.

I expect they will add a thing or two over the coming months, and maybe there will be an upgrade to Kontakt, Reaktor, Guitar Rig, and maybe a new version of one of their existing synths. What's missing is a new synth, so that's what I expect. But you never know.

I do think they need to sweeten this a bit more to get people to upgrade.

What do you think? Are you planning to upgrade?

Have to wait and see (most probably, esp when the 50% off appears)...Where is this info, specifically regarding Thrill coming from?, he politely asks..

I think they'll include Thrill in the next Komplete Ult considering all of the other instruments they have made with Galaxy Instruments have been added in the past (Una Corda, The Giant etc.).

I'm personally hoping for another addition to the Session Guitarist series and maybe an upgrade to Guitar Rig.

I usually upgrade every other version as a matter of course. I buy the even ones, so I'm likely to upgrade to 12 once the price comes down.

Best,

Geoff

Komplete Ultimate currently means all the products that NI sells, with the exception of the full Symphony series.
So far that's the only thing that hasn't been included from their product line, that I'm aware of.

I don't think it's an issue of what company makes the instruments, but whether NI sells them or not. I think that any product they have added to their line since the release of 11 is a likely prospect for 12.

As Thrill is an NI product, it's not wishful thinking to think it will likely be in Ultimate 12. If somebody has a statement from NI that it definitely won't, it would be good to post it here. I'm sure a lot of people who are interested in Thrill are (like myself) holding out to see what will be included in 12.

Last edited:
They won't be releasing Kontakt 6 with Komplete 12. Even if it was going to come out (from all accounts, it's not close), they would want to bank on people upgrading that on it's own much like they did with Reaktor then include it in a Komplete update the following year. The people who need it or want it right away will be willing to pay the higher upgrade price for the standalone plugin and possibly also get a lot of the same people upgrading to the new Komplete the following year for whatever else that will include.

I think they'll include Thrill in the next Komplete Ult considering all of the other instruments they have made with Galaxy Instruments have been added in the past (Una Corda, The Giant etc.).

I'm personally hoping for another addition to the Session Guitarist series and maybe an upgrade to Guitar Rig.
Yes, Acoustic guitarist is very nice, I'd like an electric one in style of the good old Virtual Guitarist 2

If K12U includes Thrill, I'll be pulling the trigger.
Why is Thrill the difference? Just curious. Maybe I need to re-visit it. It's a fun library. It's very much a uni-tasker, like having a tool in your kitchen drawer that only takes out an avocado pit and is useless for anything else. It might be a nice addition but certainly not a deal-breaker, for me.

Top Bottom