1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NI Komplete 12

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by TigerTheFrog, Feb 1, 2018.

1. zadillo

zadillo Senior Member

Jul 16, 2017
    No, they aren't.

2. puremusic

puremusic Senior Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Hmm.. Hard to decide for me, I can upgrade just Kontakt, or I could go for K12 regular from K11. Not sure what K12 offers is worth it to me. I'm not saying it's not worth it generally, but the only thing that interests me personally is Massive X, which I know nothing about save a small screenshot. Perhaps I should skip a version and save that 100 bucks for something I really want.

3. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Same consideration here.....I think the 3 new instruments in Kontakt 6 would justify an upgrade, what comes with K12 - apart from the black box massive x - is not really so much interesting for me.

And I dont think there will be a 50 % update soon what would be my preferred option, then I wont think about Kontakt or Komplete 12 update for 99 €......

I am thinking about the time and space offer actually:

https://www.timespace.com/products/native-instruments-komplete-12?variant=13247791857777

Its at least 35 € cheaper then the regular NI offer and you get the Go2 synth as an addon...

Wonder if there will be anything more interesting in black friday/christmas this year cause I dont like to wait till summer 2019...

puremusic likes this.
  4. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Yeah, you've got to be patient to get the best deals. When I finally upgrade (presumably) next summer from Komplete Ultimate 10 to Komplete Ultimate 12 Collector's Edition, I will have waited four years; but I'll get a great deal in the bargain.

Best,

Geoff

5. puremusic

puremusic Senior Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Thanks Karl, wasn't aware of that deal. For 60 bucks more than the Kontakt alone upgrade, which is a must have, it'd be worth it for me.

6. whiskers

whiskers Here for the mewsic

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    How long do you think it would be before the K12 Update is on sale? I guess no way to know. Probably summer?

T&S deal for NI K12 CE upgrade from Ultimate seems like a decent deal for 485$... just not sure how long i'd be waiting otherwise. Pre-order Komplete 12 + get Go2 for free

7. puremusic

puremusic Senior Member

Nov 27, 2017
    I'm quite impressed you've managed to get it to work. I've on and off tried to and can't so far.

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    Yeah, summer 2020, probably. Going by current patterns.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Goldie Zwecker, whiskers and KV626 like this.
  9. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    so if i knew i wanted to upgrade to 12 CE, this might be a good deal to bite on. I guess the question then is will Time+Space or other resellers have it any cheaper than 485$ around Nov/Black Friday. hmmm.

10. Rap-sody

Rap-sody Music... again and again

Aug 29, 2017
    As far as I know, there's no sale on Komplete on Black Friday following a recent release in Fall.

If I remember currently, there was upgrade sales in the spring after for the 2 latest Komplete versions. So it should be summer 2019 probably.

11. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    welp, managed to get the K12U CE upgrade for 500$...seemed like a better deal than I'd find elsewhere, so I went for it. Have 90 days price protection on my card if something were to be cheaper.

Still not sure if this was a mistake, but i wanted it :)

12. Guy Rowland

Guy Rowland Senior Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Oh, really? My memory was it was the summer following release of a new version, so I was expecting summer 2019.

X-Bassist and Geoff Grace like this.
  13. Guy Rowland

Guy Rowland Senior Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Curiosity got the better of me. In 2017 there was indeed a half price upgrade sale in June, 9 months after Komplete 11's release - https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6798268 . So moderately confident the half price upgrade sale for Komplete 12 will be June 2019.

X-Bassist likes this.
  14. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Perhaps Mario was trying too hard to have 2020 vision, and it got the better of him. ;)

Best,

Geoff

15. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    Actually, I do have 20/20 vision. In fact, perhaps even 20/30. :grin:

I ate lots of raw carrots when I was a kid. Loved the crispiness of them. :)

smallberries and Saxer like this.
  16. Goldie Zwecker

Goldie Zwecker Senior Member

Feb 1, 2017
    I'm more or less in the same dilemma.
    I don't know what's the meaning of upgrading to Kontakt 6. Is it possible that 3rd party libraries upgrade theirs accordingly - and then whoever stays with the older 5.xxx Kontakt will have problems playing the libraries on the older platform?

Anyway, i have KU11 and also bought some of the products included in KU12/KU12 CE along the way. I got the sessions guitarist (acoustic and sunburst), kinetic toys - and because i have Maschine i have almost all expansions - besides the last 4.

So upgrading to KU12 means getting Thrill, TRK 01, massive x, kontakt 6, session strings pro 2, discovery series - middle east, the new fx (mod pack and crush pack) - and if i go for the Collectors edition i also get the complete symphony series and then also some of the expansions are the ones i don't have.
    As for the symphony series, i'm not sure i need it - although in the context of this bundle it's a bargain. I have the spitfire series (orchestral strings, brass, woodwinds, chamber strings), "The orchestra", the sonokinetic phrase libraries (maximo, grosso etc etc), and the hybrid stuff from Heavyocity (Novo, Forzo) - so the symphony series from NI seems a bit redundant in this context, doesn't it?

A penny for your thoughts (and $500 for your upgarde) ;)

smallberries and steveo42 like this.
  17. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    Assuming that NI handles the upgrade to Kontakt 6 like they did Reaktor, you'll be able to install the Kontakt 6 Player along side the full version of Kontakt 5. I doubt many non-Player libraries will move to Kontakt 6 until the first deeply discounted deals on Kontakt and the upgrades to the Komplete bundles appear. So you can probably safely wait. And I don't think there is any cost to waiting until you encounter a library that requires the full version of Kontakt 6.

18. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    K6 does install alongside K5 or any previous version of Kontakt.

X-Bassist, jbuhler and whiskers like this.
  19. OP
    OP
    TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog Senior Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Are you able to buy Komplete as a download from T&S? On the site it says it is only available in a boxed version. As far as I know you can only get Komplete as a download from NI. You're in the US, right?

I'm not aware of any US online stores offering discounts on Komplete. JRRShop isn't. I usually go with Musician's Friend for purchases like this because you get Backstage Pass points, which are the equivalent of an 8% discount if you use them.

I feel confident that the NI half-price sale will be by early summer. But sometimes they do sales in the spring, although I'm not sure if they've ever done that right after a new release of Komplete.

There's information on the history of NI sales HERE It's an old post, but the attached worksheet goes from 2004 to early this year.

20. zadillo

zadillo Senior Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but even if you buy the boxed version of Komplete, once you've registered it to your account, you should be able to download as well. Based on that, I'm not sure I see a great reason to not get the boxed version, especially if it's $485 from T&S versus $599 from NI. Unless you absolutely need to be able to download everything as soon as it's available instead of waiting a few days for the box to ship.

I am a little confused why T&S lists the normal price of the collector's edition as $519 when it's $599 from NI. It seems like a no-brainer to order it from them.