What's new

Mntra Mndala 2.0 Coming Today?

Thanks, rrichard63. I'll wait and see what happens.

I wish they would sell me the version 1 libraries, but they said no.

@MNTRA Instruments FYI, the info pane on the mntra engine still says the latest version is 2.1.1. Also, you have some rogue <p> tags in there at the end.

Also, there's still an issue with the graphics (m1 mac monterey, logic). It looks like some layers have a transparency and/or stroke issue. See here;

Compare that to how it looks in your demos;

Last edited:
Was just working on a logic project, left it for an hour and came back to this;

FYI it's V2.1.2. Logic latest, monterey latest, M1 max studio.

Was just working on a logic project, left it for an hour and came back to this;

FYI it's V2.1.2. Logic latest, monterey latest, M1 max studio.
Probably a good idea to report these issues in a support ticket so that they can be tracked and dealt with properly.

Probably a good idea to report these issues in a support ticket so that they can be tracked and dealt with properly.
They don't have a ticketing system, just an email. Also, I've sent probably two dozen emails by this point from previous issues, so sometimes I like to mix it up a bit :emoji_wink:

It's also helpful for archiving purposes so other users to see any possible solutions.

Decided to allow maximuim 'slack' thru New Years Day !!
Now expecting to see key issues > poof ! 🤗

Last edited:
For support requests you can either contact us at [email protected] (which automatically creates a ticket on our side) or create a ticket through the chat box on our site. This way our developers can keep track of issues along with your system specs and work to fix them! We try to be on top of issues reported here and on other forums, but its easy for them to slip through the cracks if not tracked in our system.

If you've purchased individual libraries, will that cost get factored into and deducted from the 'Everything Bundle' price?

I haven't been able to figure this out from logging into my MNTRA account.

Thanks, @Bee_Abney! I recently discovered MNTRA and MNDALA and I'm enjoying it thus far. Really interesting UI! Do you know if libraries are transferrable?
I don't know first-hand, but I have read that they are not transferable; however, I'm sure I've also see some for sale on Knobcloud. So it may be a case where special permission is needed.

I've been using Mndala libraries for a while now. In order to get the high quality with sounds with a limited number of samples, the samples are not only recorded at 192 kHz, but are also stored in the library at that frequency. That, the great sound design, and the lovely GUIs are the big attractions for me. Well, that and how easy and enjoyable it is to get movement in the sounds, both automated and performed. I did have some occasional technical problems, but it is still a pretty new platform, and I was on an old computer using Studio One. Plus, the one time I contacted them about an issue they fixed it inside of two days and sent me a beta version with the fix.

I don't have the latest update yet, but the one area where they could make a very considerable improvement is if they enabled you to mix samples from different libraries in the same patches.

@Bee_Abney As always, thank you for the wonderful insight into the product and the ecosystem. I was a little taken aback that MNDALA has been out for as long as it has and I just discovered it about a week ago!

The ability to mix samples from different libraries in the same patches would be an awesome boon!

I have definitely enjoyed the simplicity of using their interface and the high-quality nature of the samples.

Between MNDALA, Cube, and Soundpaint, these are halcyon days, for certain! 🙂

So far, I've checked out Klavir, Rasa, and Pripyat. I'm close to pulling the trigger on Galactron.

Is there any particular reason why Rasa cuts off at C3? Is there any way to adjust the mapping outside of shifting the octave on the midi controller itself?

Sorry for all of the MNDALA newbie Q's!

Enjoying everything here, but Caprakan & latest - Galactron. Adding Galactron shortly.
Caprakan cost is definite hurdle ... compararively speaking. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree. In the case of Orakle X, which is also a more expensive library, the extra benefits are worth it. But I don't have Caprakan or Galactron yet.

So far, I've checked out Klavir, Rasa, and Pripyat. I'm close to pulling the trigger on Galactron.

Is there any particular reason why Rasa cuts off at C3? Is there any way to adjust the mapping outside of shifting the octave on the midi controller itself?

Sorry for all of the MNDALA newbie Q's!
The instruments do have limited key ranges, but I can't remember a patch that only goes down to C3. It may be possible to alter that in the new version of the player, or it may be something that is fixed by the choice of samples (that is, some were judged to sound best at certain pitches - like a high flute).

I don't have the latest update yet, but the one area where they could make a very considerable improvement is if they enabled you to mix samples from different libraries in the same patches.
I asked about this a few years ago. Got this reply back;

Aaaah that is a good suggestion! I am going to add it to the top of our updates list :)

I think the dog must have eaten the update list.

I asked about this a few years ago. Got this reply back;

Aaaah that is a good suggestion! I am going to add it to the top of our updates list :)

I think the dog must have eaten the update list.
I think that there may be financial reasons for wanting to keep flexibility under the control of the developer. Although that may be a bit cynical; or ignorant.

I think that there may be financial reasons for wanting to keep flexibility under the control of the developer. Although that may be a bit cynical; or ignorant.
I think it might be more of a technical/architectural problem. The instruments are isolated from each other so an instrument can only see its own samples. But I think there might be ways around it.

Top Bottom