What's new

Mntra Mndala 2.0 Coming Today?

Bee_Abney

How long have I been out?
Screenshot (67).png

I went to their website this morning, and this is what I saw. Last night, everything was as usual (except they hadn't changed the prices back from the sale that ended Sunday). While the update could be the engine only, this kind of disruption suggests to me that more is going on. Maybe a new library, more likely some updates for existing libraries. Either way, and engine update should improve the instruments.

Will we get some additional vowels?

When will we get 2.0? 'Later', and the website is down. So, today seems a very real likelihood.

I'm not sure if this should be here or under samplers. As Mntra's Mndala is not a sampler but a sample player only, and a propriety engine for a developer's libraries, it seemed more appropriate under Sample Talk; but mods, feel free to move this if you think otherwise. (Not that you need my permission...)

If anyone missed out there's still a sale on here: https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=11101

I was pleasantly surprised by the free RASA instrument - the MNDALA player is a lot of fun!
Thanks. There have been a few 50% off sales, but not always across the whole range, so it may be worth making use of.

I have been a little unnerved by the number of sales as it makes me wonder if they have been reaching enough customers. It's tough for a new developer to get started but there is also a significant portion of their potential customer base who don't like taking on too many different players.

Crocus Soundware has had to move to Kontakt from Halion to see decent sales, and Halion is a great and free player (the SE version) - though it is a pain to install the first time. I like Mntra's Mndala engine and find it a big part of the appeal.

Still, the fact that we are getting a 2.0 update suggests that everything is still going well at the moment.

Screenshot (67).png

I went to their website this morning, and this is what I saw. Last night, everything was as usual (except they hadn't changed the prices back from the sale that ended Sunday). While the update could be the engine only, this kind of disruption suggests to me that more is going on. Maybe a new library, more likely some updates for existing libraries. Either way, and engine update should improve the instruments.

Will we get some additional vowels?

When will we get 2.0? 'Later', and the website is down. So, today seems a very real likelihood.
Intrigued to see what V2 brings. There's a whole lot to like about Mndala, but if it were music I'd describe it as "high in interest, low on engagement". It definitely seems aimed at cue and creative foley designers, rather than musicians. Also, it has no legato, so how have they not yet woken up next to a horse hair bow?

Intrigued to see what V2 brings. There's a whole lot to like about Mndala, but if it were music I'd describe it as "high in interest, low on engagement". It definitely seems aimed at cue and creative foley designers, rather than musicians. Also, it has no legato, so how have they not yet woken up next to a horse hair bow?
You'll be wanting legato claves next!

Kymera and perhaps Ultrasonic Death Whistle aside, I don't think that Mndala is much of a tool for sound designers for non-musical purposes. Some of the patches can be played melodically, but, yes, it's very much a textural and motion instrument. And it has no need of legatos!

Without doubt, though, you can write entire scores using only Mndala, including melodic and harmonic music. It's just unlikely to be the first thing one would think of to use unless doing something with a lot of texture, arps, etc.

I hope they fixed some things in Mndala 2.0, because 1.8 kept crashing on me. I reverted to 1.7.2 since.

I have all instruments except Kymera, but don't use them as much as I thought I would. Atma and UDW are still my fav and especially Atma the most useful.

Kymera and perhaps Ultrasonic Death Whistle aside, I don't think that Mndala is much of a tool for sound designers for non-musical purposes. Some of the patches can be played melodically, but, yes, it's very much a textural and motion instrument. And it has no need of legatos!

Without doubt, though, you can write entire scores using only Mndala, including melodic and harmonic music. It's just unlikely to be the first thing one would think of to use unless doing something with a lot of texture, arps, etc.
Wanna Wanna gelato calves! Gunna hold breath 'til get!! (pink face, red face, blue face, Thud!)
In all seriousness, Mndala is a great engine, with some great content, that just hasn't entirely clicked with me. It's very much a "it's not you, it's me" situation with me and Mntra.

I hope they fixed some things in Mndala 2.0, because 1.8 kept crashing on me. I reverted to 1.7.2 since.

I have all instruments except Kymera, but don't use them as much as I thought I would. Atma and UDW are still my fav and especially Atma the most useful.
Yes, 1.8 does crash for me sometimes too.

I used them a lot for quite some time, but I've found I use textural libraries less often now. They are still in rotation every month, though.

Wanna Wanna gelato calves! Gunna hold breath 'til get!! (pink face, red face, blue face, Thud!)
In all seriousness, Mndala is a great engine, with some great content, that just hasn't entirely clicked with me. It's very much a "it's not you, it's me" situation with me and Mntra.
No, it' s the rest of the world not fitting you perfectly that is the problem; you're perfect!

I've been pretty impressed with the Mndala engine. Surprisingly advanced in some ways...especially for the price. There appear to be some talented designers working here. I hope it becomes popular so we can see more development.

In theory, you WILL be able to have legato claves in the new engine :dancedance:

And thank you all for the good vibes and support in this journey! It means a lot to our team! This is going to be a major update with a complete re-coded 'from the ground up' build that should fix most known bugs and includes many of the feature requests we have gotten from all of you. We are currently in overload mode in preparation for this new release but will be able to share with all of you much more very soon.

Warm regards,

The MNTRA Team

In theory, you WILL be able to have legato claves in the new engine :dancedance:

And thank you all for the good vibes and support in this journey! It means a lot to our team! This is going to be a major update with a complete re-coded 'from the ground up' build that should fix most known bugs and includes many of the feature requests we have gotten from all of you. We are currently in overload mode in preparation for this new release but will be able to share with all of you much more very soon.

Warm regards,

The MNTRA Team
Great news, looking forward to it. Hopefully I won't have to hold my breath too long!

Warm regards,

The MNTRA Team
A stable silicon version?

New website is already up (from Wix to WordPress), general title is "Animistic Virtual Instruments." MNDALA v2 is already available for download. New free instrument: Huracan (only MNDALA v2). Free upgrades for all legacy instruments powered by MNDALA v1 coming soon.

New website is already up (from Wix to WordPress), general title is "Animistic Virtual Instruments." MNDALA v2 is already available for download. New free instrument: Huracan (only MNDALA v2). Free upgrades for all legacy instruments powered by MNDALA v1 coming soon.

Doesn't seem to be quite ready yet! Neither apparent dl link for Mndala works, at least for me in Chrome on Win10, and the link for Huracan takes you to Pripyat at PB, who don't have a listing for Huracan at all.
Also, that is one full on in your face website!

Top Bottom