What's new

Logic X 10.2.1 Available

Has anyone expirienced sample dropping (I think that's what it's called when the midi note starts playing but doesn't finish). It started happening when reopening projects after the update.

The new Multithreading feature will balance the core load over multiple selected tracks which is useful for summing track stacks with a lot of VIs loaded. I've tested it with 5 rec enabled tracks of kontakt 5 loaded with Spitfire Sable legato patches. Usually logic would crap out while trying to play these patches. Not anymore.

I just updated Logic and I noticed all my key commands are not the same. Did anyone else's get changed? I have it on default but know when I go to click T I see different commands (ex. I could hit 5 and it would select scissors tool but now it says I) Anyone know how I can change this back or what happened?

Todd

yes, some of them aren't valid anymore...
I had a shortcut to make faded (shift-ctrl and mouse) which saved me lots of time... it's gone now...

Another thing:
there is a new optional keycommand: hide unused tracks.
While this is a step in the right direction, it doesn't help a lot in bigger projects, where you need different
tracks at different times.
for me, a key command "hide unused tracks inside locators" would make sense...

This is the same as the previously mentioned Cubase shortcut for "show only tracks with data/audio between locators" right?
Request on the the Logic feedback form - I have;)

My Korg Nanokontrol2 no longer works in Logic 10.2.1.

Hide all tracks is a good idea just not very practical the way they did it.

Logic Remote now requires ios 9.1. Be careful if you have a older ipad. My Ipad2 is working but ios 9.2 does slow it down overall. You will also need to turn off any Firewalls for Logic Remote to work now. There is not longer a prompt asking when you boot Logic

Submit your bug reports and feedback (within reason), there very responsive right now, I have heard back twice this week.
https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Last edited:
Logic Remote now requires ios 9.1. Be careful if you have a older ipad. My Ipad2 is working but ios 9.2 does slow it down overall. You will also need to turn off any Firewalls for Logic Remote to work now. There is not longer a prompt asking when you boot Logic
Thanks for that. iPad2 here as well. Must update then;)

I've moved all of the Apple Loops material to an external drive and created an alias on my internal drive (which works great right now). Once I update, will the newer material get put back on my internal drive or will it push to the external via the alias???

I had a shortcut to make faded (shift-ctrl and mouse) which saved me lots of time... it's gone now...

Another thing:
While this is a step in the right direction, it doesn't help a lot in bigger projects, where you need different

Here is a Feature Request/ UXD Idea regarding Track Visibility management I've posted and forwarded back in April 2014.

MOTU Digital Performer 9.02 will almost have the exact feature set.

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=106120

Another thing while we're submitting feedback (and obviously they have truly been listening!) - I've been asking for a key command to "close track stack of the selected track." As it is now, track stacks are almost useless for me because you have to first select the track stack header before closing. After spending a day reorganizing my template with track stacks, I realized how kludgy this would be and bailed on it...

• There's a new project setting recording option to "Create Tracks when recording in Cycle mode."
YES!!!!!!
This is great, although annoying because I was recording ADR yesterday and this feature would have helped me save so much time if I'd paid had time to work out what was new in the update!

Great update! However, they introduced a new bug: Mute/unmute of video often stops working (keeps being mute despite unmuting - either via keyboard shortcut or in movie prefs) and I have to go in and change the volume of the movie output to get it unmuted again.

EDIT: Actually it seems to just turn the movie sound off for no good reason randomly. Don't know when it happens but at least I haven't found a pattern yet, although there probably is one.
I can confirm this bug. Sadly this makes this otherwise great update unusable for me and I'll have to stick with 10.2.

It makes much more sense to import the audio and then turn off the movie sound anyway IMHO. It allows you more control over volume and I frequently EQ it to make it easier to hear at a low level.

It makes much more sense to import the audio and then turn off the movie sound anyway IMHO. It allows you more control over volume and I frequently EQ it to make it easier to hear at a low level.

Jay, it's a bug. It was working before. Over the next 2 days I am going through 82 cues and I'm not going import 1GB of audio for each of them. A lot of us film guys like to keep the audio on the quicktime and control the volume / mutes from an external mixer, or software mixer such as RME's excellent TotalMix.

Another thing:
Thanks for letting me know. I hate when Apple goes and changes these things. It's messing up my workflow!

Jay, it's a bug. It was working before. Over the next 2 days I am going through 82 cues and I'm not going import 1GB of audio for each of them. A lot of us film guys like to keep the audio on the quicktime and control the volume / mutes from an external mixer, or software mixer such as RME's excellent TotalMix.

Didn't say it wasn't. Advised you of what I have been doing for years that I think is a better approach. If you don't, fine.

Another thing while we're submitting feedback (and obviously they have truly been listening!) - I've been asking for a key command to "close track stack of the selected track." As it is now, track stacks are almost useless for me because you have to first select the track stack header before closing. After spending a day reorganizing my template with track stacks, I realized how kludgy this would be and bailed on it...

Jim there is a key command to open close one track stack. Since the 10.2.1 update there is a close all track stacks if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom