What's new

Logic X 10.2.1 Available

It's an impressive feature list! And it's an absolute pro user update... no "garage band" stuff at all! Many editing improvements and really needful stuff like stem export. Great update!

Still number one on my wish list is: Fast screen set switches without animated popping up windows!

Update

Also, my Nano Kontrol2 is now not working properly when I quickly want to assign something in Kontakt with a right click and wiggle (so to speak)

I just bought a nanoKontrol2 and have it working with OSX 10.10.5 & Logic 10.2. What to do.:sad:

I bit the bullet and upgraded to El Capitan and Logic Pro 10.2.1 and my Korg nanoKONTROL2 is fully functional and I have Apple Remote working on my iPad and my iPhone.:dancer:

Last edited:
How refreshing not to be smacked about the face with bells and whistles and to instead get a huge list of 'little' improvements and fixes that amount to a genuinely useful and solid update.

• The MIDI Draw lane in the Piano Roll now properly maintains its size when you close and reopen the Piano Roll.

Makes me happy.

:)

Both Apple and Avid have been killing it with the updates in the past few months.

Great update! However, they introduced a new bug: Mute/unmute of video often stops working (keeps being mute despite unmuting - either via keyboard shortcut or in movie prefs) and I have to go in and change the volume of the movie output to get it unmuted again.

EDIT: Actually it seems to just turn the movie sound off for no good reason randomly. Don't know when it happens but at least I haven't found a pattern yet, although there probably is one.

Last edited:
Dragging Apple loops on Alchemy is so much fun and instant inspiration. And everything is time aligned as well. I never really used the internal Apple loops, I always found that since everybody has them there is no point in that. Now I can morph them into something totally different without effort :)

I just updated Logic and I noticed all my key commands are not the same. Did anyone else's get changed? I have it on default but know when I go to click T I see different commands (ex. I could hit 5 and it would select scissors tool but now it says I) Anyone know how I can change this back or what happened?

Todd

"MIDI Draw lane in the Piano Roll now properly maintains its size when you close and reopen the Piano Roll."

...is this working for anyone? This has driven me nuts for years - every time I open a piano roll, the MIDI draw lane defaults to a massive size. It's still doing this in 10.2.1 for me...

Is there anything on locking mixer views?
Clutching at straws but that's still the biggest pain for me

"MIDI Draw lane in the Piano Roll now properly maintains its size when you close and reopen the Piano Roll."

...is this working for anyone? This has driven me nuts for years - every time I open a piano roll, the MIDI draw lane defaults to a massive size. It's still doing this in 10.2.1 for me...
Jim did you try to delete the preferences file?
Are you on El Capitan?

Audio Unit 3 support!!! hopefully VEP will come up with an update soon so more than 16 channels can be used
To take advantage VSL and NI and others have to update their AU specs. Hopefully they implement the spec when the plugin crashes not to take down logic/DAW.

Also to take advantage of that users have to have OS X 10.11. installed

Jim did you try to delete the preferences file?
Are you on El Capitan?

Yes to fresh prefs, no to El Cap. Still not sure I trust it yet - a handful of developers haven't given the go ahead, and my setup works too well to risk it. When I can find some spare time I'll try it on a backup and test it out...

Yes to fresh prefs, no to El Cap. Still not sure I trust it yet - a handful of developers haven't given the go ahead, and my setup works too well to risk it. When I can find some spare time I'll try it on a backup and test it out...

Same with me. I'll wait to upgrade to El Capitan until devs release AU v3 updates like VSL, NI and xfer. Until then I'll stay on Yosemite.

• There's a new project setting recording option to "Create Tracks when recording in Cycle mode."
YES!!!!!!

• The new tool selection latch mode lets you temporarily select a tool by pressing and holding its key command
YES again
Crazy these were both things I wanted to do today!

Reactions: TGV
  • The Pencil tool is no longer limited to creating MIDI Draw points in the left-most region when you select multiple regions in the Piano Roll.
OH YES again are they reading my mind

• Logic now connects reliably to Logic Remote in cases where your computer has two IP addresses on the same network (such as when it's connected to both Wi-Fi and Ethernet).
Is this going to fix Logic Remote's terrible connectivity problems that at the moment mean it only works 1/3 days for me...?

And this stuff is just unreal...

"Logic now more easily scrolls when you drag regions to tracks that aren't currently in the visible area.
and

Logic is also now more responsive for these actions:
  • When rubber-band selecting large numbers of notes in the Piano Roll
  • Using the Pencil to draw in a series of notes in the Step Editor
  • Zooming in projects that contain a large amount of automation
  • Drag-copying or moving automation at high zoom levels
  • Rearranging the order of tracks in the track header in projects that contain a large amount of automation
  • Horizontally dragging automation points in projects that contain a large amount of automation
  • Scrolling in the Main window with a large number of tracks, regions, or automation
  • Typing Delay values in the Region Parameter Box in songs that have the Use Musical Grid option disabled"

...this is basically a list of what I have describing as "GUI lag". If this actually fixes what I have been experiencing I will be utterly amazed!

Top Bottom