What's new

Logic X 10.2.1 Available

Live mode, retina support, the lane set creation - all massive, massive, massive! I am so happy.

Please someone tell me it works in 10.10.5 Yosemite

If this really ends the 8th core bug it is quite something.
If it means I no longer have to use an app to disable hdip retina on my screens to use Logic with no GUI lag it is quite something else.
If I can open step edit and a lane set and then immediately see the entered mod data and note velocity it is just marvellous.
Let it be true. (Thanks Jay)

holy f**k!!! Great article Jay and, amazingly, every single improvement is a major workflow improvement that truly makes up for most of the more significant drawbacks logic has over other DAWs.

Composite Time Signatures in triple meter is HUGE!!
CC Lanes is HUGE!!
and improved CPU performance??

Now all we need is some kind of expression maps feature...

Reactions: Vik
All quite nice, but..
When creating lanes for current events, there's some unwanted extra; the notes!
You can see them on the pic in Jay's article (thanks btw! :) )

I don't think it is silly at all, but you can simply delete the lanes if you don't want to see them.
But if you play a waffling 32 bar meddly and then pop the step editor, are you then going to delete all 25 lanes from the notes you played so you can see the 3 controller lanes you used...?

But if you play a waffling 32 bar meddly and then pop the step editor, are you then going to delete all 25 lanes from the notes you played so you can see the 3 controller lanes you used...?
Indeed. Dumbest addition to the whole thing.

I can now only do shift+click (window) selection strictly within region, when selecting CC1 data for example. That used to work better when I was able to start that selection beyond the region boundaries (now one has to be very precise -> slower). I can still choose notes from a region like that though.. another misfire from the LP X team, I'd say (or some setting got reset).

Wow this is a great update!

Just installed and now my CC sliders on my Axiom are not working correctly. Logic told me to "set my Axiom to preset 1" when I first opened it up. Now for some reason only two of the 9 sliders on my Axiom are working in Logic. Anyone know if there was something in this update that would cause this behavior?

I was, for a moment hoping that when I try to play Alchemy, it would no longer have a massive surge on the 8th core.
My 27" 2009 i7 with 32gb ram just can't take it. That doesn't seem right to me but it's where I'm at with Logic and this update hasn't changed that.
Maybe (and as usual, i've got the wrong end of the stick about what the update was supposed to do)

Last edited:

You just create your own Lane Set with the parameters you want. I just created a lane set with only volume, modulation, expression and breath in about 5 seconds. If you want to only see lanes for particular notes you just select those notes and create multiple lanes. Then lanes appear only for those notes.

My peeve is that CC lanes are only available in Step Editor. I wish there was an option for controller lanes in the Piano Roll...

Top Bottom