What's new

Kontakt 6!

Almost everyone else has caved in to support VST3. I assume it's the lack on Program Change that keeps NI defiantly resisting it?

Not just lack of program change, but lack of MIDI learn without terrible hacks Steinberg tells other developers not to do, yet they do those same hacks themselves in their own stuff. Heh.

The real reason is that it's just too different to VST2, and when you start from 15+ years old codebase, it doesn't make the work any easier or faster to do.

@EvilDragon - do you know if NI ever does combo sales on Komplete Kontrol and NI Komplete as a discounted bundle?
I "saved" $200 on a 49S MK2/KU11 bundle either at the end of last year or the beginning of this year. They had similar deals on S61 MK2 & Maschine MK3 bundles as well.

Who did the AudioDemo 4/10 "The four Strings"? Sorry, but I havn't heard such a bad Demo since years. They must be deaf.

one more question, @EvilDragon - those half off sales that usually occur, those are during summer right, not black friday? meaning that i'd be waiting a year for half off, correct?
Generally no, they happen during Christmas, bf and spring as well, but in your case I'd say summer at the earliest cause komplete 12 is a new product
For the keyboards maybe earlier

Generally no, they happen during Christmas, bf and spring as well, but in your case I'd say summer at the earliest cause komplete 12 is a new product
For the keyboards maybe earlier
OK, i think I'll have to map this all out on a spreadsheet and figure out a plan of attack.

Basically, I am not a fan of my current controller, and hoped to pick up both the S88 and the Komplete Software (which i do not have yet.) So i'd like to get both, but that's a hefty price tag, hence the looking for sales :)

OK, i think I'll have to map this all out on a spreadsheet and figure out a plan of attack.

Basically, I am not a fan of my current controller, and hoped to pick up both the S88 and the Komplete Software (which i do not have yet.) So i'd like to get both, but that's a hefty price tag, hence the looking for sales :)
https://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/05/native-instruments-sales-on-komplete.html
Spreadsheet on this page

General rule: if you're looking for sth, another nerd has probably already got you covered.
Up there along with "If it sounds good it is good" & "You can't polish a turd"

If this is not the case (using Kontakt directly withlight guide) then what does this sentence mean fron the Kontakt 6 page (near bottom)?:

“KONTAKT also works seamlessly with the Light Guide on KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES keyboards for one-to-one visual feedback.”

Probably means when loaded inside Komplete Kontrol. But when its released there should be a way to get the free player version to see. But personally doubt it. Hope I am wrong...

And one day maybe VSL will make VEP NKS compatible.

Probably means when loaded inside Komplete Kontrol. But when its released there should be a way to get the free player version to see. But personally doubt it. Hope I am wrong...

And one day maybe VSL will make VEP NKS compatible.

I'd like it too. I don't understand why I need two softwares to get light guide working.

I have an S88 and I'd like to avoid KK to get this.

The new S88 seems good but I was hoping for more controls, I like the two displays but I have to understand how to use them, I stay with the "old" one for now.

I don't understand why I need two softwares to get light guide working.

Because it's an abstraction. Rather than needing to introduce the whole inner workings of how to interact with the hardware in each and every product that needs to use those hardware features like LightGuide, each product only has to communicate simple messages to KK, which then does the heavy lifting. Things are centralized like that, which is a good practice overall, as it saves on development time (especially important for 3rd party VST developers). At least that's how I see it.

Really excited about this! There are a bunch of developer-focused features that are going to result in some cool advancements for Kontakt-based libraries. And the new effects sound really nice, especially the new algorithmic reverbs and delays.

Had Native Instruments not betrayed their end-users with their Native Access malware and forced online activation, I would be enthusiastically excited about all of this too...

...But as it is, this is just another sad day in the devolution of digital-age privacy & autonomy rights, as there is now going to be a version of Kontakt that I cannot ethically justify purchasing, however much I still wish I could remain and grow in the NI ecosystem.

But I'm glad that people who can live with the new status quo, who are able to perceive it as other than Orwellian and fascist can be happy about Kontakt 6. I wish I could see it in a positive way too. But I can't without being intellectually dishonest. Believe me, I have tried...

Had Native Instruments not betrayed their end-users with their Native Access malware and forced online activation, I would be enthusiastically excited about all of this too...

...But as it is, this is just another sad day in the devolution of digital-age privacy & autonomy rights, as there is now going to be a version of Kontakt that I cannot ethically justify purchasing, however much I still wish I could remain and grow in the NI ecosystem.

But I'm glad that people who can live with the new status quo, who are able to perceive it as other than Orwellian and fascist can be happy about Kontakt 6. I wish I could see it in a positive way too. But I can't without being intellectually dishonest. Believe me, I have tried...
You can't just let that rest can you haha. :D *Hands you a german beer*

Sure, from a user perspective it's surprisingly underwhelming but as someone who has been dipping their toes in the KSP waters a few times, each time running away screaming because of the (comparably) weak and frustrating development environment, the new creator tools is an exciting step. I've thought for a few years "all I want from Kontakt 6 is better developer tools", so I'm in!

Oh boy.. wait till AI & bionanotech start infiltrating our everyday lives. And no this is not science fiction talk.

Some people here write that Kontakt 6 is only interesting for the developers. But you should think further. Because it is interesting for developers it will be very interesting for users, too. Just wait some more month ;)

Top Bottom