What's new

Kontakt 6!

MA-Simon

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat. But does it bring any new mapping functions? The creator tool seems more like... scripting stuff?

magnumpraw

Main drawback for me seems to be that the plugin name will be different and hence a complete reprogramming of my template using tons of Kontakt instances would need to happen. :(

Michael Antrum

Only the good die young....
I can't believe they haven't introduced some sort of grouping mechanism for managing your libraries into different sections.

I wonder if they have sorted out the ridiculous 'forced download' issue when adding their own libraries....

d.healey

Music Monkey
Looks like it's a release for developers more than users, however if users want libraries built with K6 they'll need to get it as those libraries won't work with older version of Kontakt.

N.Caffrey

No VST3? No GUI re-size? Selling Kontakt 6 by adding 3 libraries and a few new FX seems like a marketing ploy to cover for an underwhelming update. Lack of library content has never been one of Kontakt's larger issues.
Kind of have to agree with you. Can't really say it looks like a major update from the user perspective.

gsilbers

Part of Pulsesetter-Sounds.com
same feeling. kinda underwhelming. Maybe there are better group round robin (non scirpting) features?
Cool some of the new effects and wavetable sound interesting.
Would of been nice some better editing features... they sure like things tiny.

Top Bottom