What's new

Eric Whitacre Choir

That actually is pretty cool. I wasn't aware they were doing that with this particular library.

Overpriced is such a subjective term. A lot of people think Afflatus is overpriced, but I'd gladly pay twice it's cost for it.
As far as I’m aware SF always pays royalties to musicians.

With the EWC update, are people seeing EWC in Komplete Kontrol's browser, or is this the same as when the HZ Strings update happened and it's not there yet?

It's not there for me, and I had to do a delete of all of the VSTs/AUs and a repair to get anything to work (but I can add it through the + sign in plugins... but I could do that already.)

This video is quite inspiring --- Eric Whitacre on composing

After listening to the EVOs I wish Spitfire would release those as a separate instrument. I'd love to work with those. So beautiful sounding.

Very nice talk from Eric and inspiring indeed.

The whole library is such a beautiful sounding library, for me a big source of inspiration to be honest.

With the EWC update, are people seeing EWC in Komplete Kontrol's browser, or is this the same as when the HZ Strings update happened and it's not there yet?
I'm seeing it in KK. Loaded it in standalone mode and EWC is unstable and I had to manually end KK.
I was just trying to change the mic levels and it completely froze on a few occasions in a row.

Ok, lesson learned....

Backup your User saves from the EWC Evo Grid before updating as it deletes all the old ones... I lost all my custom EVO settings (very very very annoying!).
You can find them in the folder located in Spitfire Audio - Eric Whitacre Choir - Presets - Eric Whitacre Choir Evo Grid - user

If it is loaded into a project, it keeps those custom settings settings though.

Ok, lesson learned....

Backup your User saves from the EWC Evo Grid before updating as it deletes all the old ones... I lost all my custom EVO settings (very very very annoying!).
You can find them in the folder located in Spitfire Audio - Eric Whitacre Choir - Presets - Eric Whitacre Choir Evo Grid - user

If it is loaded into a project, it keeps those custom settings settings though.
That's a most curious behavior. If you haven't done so already, it is probably worth contacting support and asking that they fix it.

That's a most curious behavior. If you haven't done so already, it is probably worth contacting support and asking that they fix it.

Yeah just did. I can recall around 4 custom EVO's I made from projects, but created around 20 of them for a project and very frustrating that they are gone and indeed reported this to them, because I guess that is not something they also intend.

Love the concept but a little too niche for my taste. If there were an EWC 2 doing more standard things, having both of them would make a lot of sense!

I also reported that the mics are not working correctly in the Choir Evo Grid in Cubase. When I want to adjust the mic level, it stops almost straight away and I can also not enable any other mics atm. Cubase stops to respond. This is both as VST and within Komplete Kontrol. Don't know if others have the same?

The regular choir is doing fine, there I can adjust the mic levels and enable/disable them.
Didn't had this problem before the update.

I also reported that the mics are not working correctly in the Choir Evo Grid in Cubase. When I want to adjust the mic level, it stops almost straight away and I can also not enable any other mics atm. Cubase stops to respond. This is both as VST and within Komplete Kontrol. Don't know if others have the same?
As I mentioned above I have the same issue, in KK and subsequently in Reaper also.

After update - 100% Spitfire Audio

01 - SA - EWC - Tutti - All In One - Dynamic Swell OOH
02 - SA - EWC Evo Grid - Bass - Dynamic Movements
03 - SA - Alev Lenz 3 - I Know You Will

04 - SA - Albion - NEO - Brunel Loops - Suspended in Space

==> Palette Of Voices

There has been a new update for the Eric Whitacre Choir (and gosh I wish they added release notes BEFORE the download) and it fixed for me the issue with Komplete Kontrol and the choir and the Evo Grid issue with the microphones. The patch notes didn't update for me (yet, last time it took also a week or 2 before they became visible...) but it's all working good here now again!

It's weird. I did the updates, and they took forever to download. (Also noticed the speed issue with recent Native Instrument downloads: speedtest is fine and other downloads are as quick as usual.) The SF updater app says that I have 1.2.1 installed for both the regular choir and the Evo Grid and it then showed 1.2.3 to be installed. But on the SSD a version 1.2.1 folder only showed up when I downloaded 1.2.3, and there is no version 1.2.3 folder, but only a version 1.0.3 and 1.2.1. For the Evo Grid it's even odder. Again on the SSD I have a version 1.0.3 but also a version 1.2.2. Again the updater shows a version 1.2.1 and 1.2.3.

Just a heads up, in the new version (just released?) there is now an articulation manager similar to the one in BBCSO. We can now add or remove articulations.

Top Bottom