What's new

Eric Whitacre Choir

josephspirits

I had a great time making 4 of these, unfortunately I ended up being pulled away this weekend and ran into a lot of export complications right up until the deadline, so my uploads are quite janky :confused:. Still had fun with the project though, and lessons learned for next time (such as you can do a simple audio/video merger right in youtube these days!) Looking forward to checking out some of the other submissions.

Ian Dorsch

I bought the lib during the wish list sale, and in terms of the actual library it's pretty much exactly what I'd hoped it would be.

However: I'm having an issue in Cubase 9 with the EVO Grid plug where tempo changes somehow trigger a note off to the plugin. So you can have multiple sustained notes, and they all stop sounding as soon as the tempo changes. Has anyone encountered this? I have to assume it's a bug - it's just the kind of weird technical issue that makes me leery of buying into expensive non-Kontakt libraries.

jbuhler

I bought the lib during the wish list sale, and in terms of the actual library it's pretty much exactly what I'd hoped it would be.

However: I'm having an issue in Cubase 9 with the EVO Grid plug where tempo changes somehow trigger a note off to the plugin. So you can have multiple sustained notes, and they all stop sounding as soon as the tempo changes. Has anyone encountered this? I have to assume it's a bug - it's just the kind of weird technical issue that makes me leery of buying into expensive non-Kontakt libraries.
I just tried it in Logic, and I'm not having the issue, so it seems like it's not a problem specific to the plug-in, the Evo grid, and tempo changes. If you can do it reliably in Cubase 9, it would be worth submitting a ticket to Spitfire support. I've had very good luck with them helping me diagnose issues.

Ian Dorsch

I just tried it in Logic, and I'm not having the issue, so it seems like it's not a problem specific to the plug-in, the Evo grid, and tempo changes. If you can do it reliably in Cubase 9, it would be worth submitting a ticket to Spitfire support. I've had very good luck with them helping me diagnose issues.
This is where I'm headed next. Issue occurs with both the EVO Grid and core libraries. Really, really annoying.

idematoa

01 - SA - Eric Whitacre Choir - Soprano - Pitched Clashes
02 - BS - Era 2 - Vocal Codex - Lord of Wind 4
03 - SA - KO - Woodwinds - Accelerating Momentum Grid
04 - NI - Straylight - My Darkness Approaching

Always a pleasure to use this Choir... :)

jamwerks

I've listened to all the video's. Fantastic tone and lot's of textures.

I vote for SF to do a EW Choir II, with more distinct shorts & longs with syllables. As is, lots of beautiful textures (and other) is possible, but too much "standard" stuff I'd want like singing on different syllables to simulate singing actual words, just isn't possible

idematoa

01 - SA - EWC - Tutti - All In One
02 - SA - ASE - A Good Start
03 - SA - Earth eDNA - Epic Chamber MW
04 - NI - STRAYLIGHT - Exquisite Pulse
05 - NI - STRAYLIGHT - My Darkness Approaching
06 - SA - HCT - Forgotten Past - Ping Kong
07 - UVI - Orchestral Suite - Snare

EWC in the first part ;)

Top Bottom