What's new

EastWest Hollywood Orchestrator Action, Adventure, Horror Pack and Comedy

These are great, but what happened to Monster Movie 01?

What I have is completely different to what Ryan demonstrates in the video. I really wanted to play around with that one, because Ryan writes a shot track with it in the video, but it's completely replaced with something different.

Anyone else find this issue?

Edit: Also, anyone else find the orchestrations are opening with way too much reverb? Opens at 0db... I need to dial it back to about -10db. And that seems to be about what Ryan demos it at.

Last edited:
This is what VSL should have done with their sequencer in VI pro, which was dropped in Synchron Player. So much potential for storing runs, glisses, flurishes, hits, etc fully orchestrated and ready to go when needed quickly. I do wish the orchestrators shared resources between instances, but thankfully OPUS has a purge feature. Seems like a potentially fantastic idea, but my biggest concern is with the editor itself being a bit fiddly to get musical results quickly. e.g. velocity humanization or even velocity crecendos do not seem possible without manually changing every note? Is humanization even a possiblity at all inside orchestrator? I'm also assuming there is no support for dragging midi INTO orchestrator, correct?

Curious if anyone has used the midi export feature from orchestrator and using different samples? or layering with other libraries? Does it work as expected / hoped?

Have not upgraded to OPUS yet, but this might be a good reason to give it a try, assuming that its hopefully not too fiddly to create and edit in the orchestrator.

They just implemented sustain pedal compatibility for the orchestrator too!
Just taking another look at Opus. What do you mean by "sustain pedal compatibility"?

IS anyone aware of any third party Orchestrator presets? Would be interesting, but Google is not coming up with any for moi

Z

sorry to revive this old thread...
I have just spent some time fiddling with the orchestrator.
it sounds great but... i honestly wonder how to use it is "real life" compositions. ensambles and ostinatos are a good starting points, but if you want to achieve some rhytmic variation with the ostinato you should load more than 1 instance of the orchestrator, is that correct? and I suppose you already should know very well what to achieve... i found it very difficult to "improvise" and get more than a rough idea to start with. then, I'm struck in the loop!
this is even more true for the scores. yes, they sounds awesome, but - again - you should load 3,4,5,... n instances of the orchestrator to get a full track, and not a simple short cue or short loop.
I have seen some EW tutorials and indeed they load more than 1 orchestrator instance, coupled with some solo instruments.
is that the way to go?
i would like to hear some real life experiences with the orchestrator! :)

thanks!

Top Bottom