What's new

EastWest Hollywood Orchestrator Action, Adventure, Horror Pack and Comedy

Markrs

Complete Beginner
The Hollywood Orchestrator Action and Adenture Pack is a FREE upgrade for all ComposerCloud subscribers and Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition owners.

The presets for the Action Pack are organized by these four themes: Ancient Battles (6 new presets), Animated Action (6 new presets), The Chase (6 new presets), and Modern Warfare (6 new presets).

The presets for the Adventure Pack, which will be in the Scores folder in Hollywood Orchestrator and organized by these four themes: Other Worlds (6 new presets), Dark Kingdom (4 new presets), Discovering Atlantis (6 new presets), and Enchanted Forest (6 new presets).

A Horror Pack has now been added: Modern Horror (8 new presets), Supernatural Thriller (6 new presets), Classic Chills (6 new presets), and Monster Movie (6 new presets).

Comedy Pack is organized by these four themes: Christmas Comedy (6 new presets), Cartoon Antics (6 new presets), RomCom (6 new presets), and Dark Comedy (6 new presets).

Last edited:
He is talking about the "upcoming" Action Pack, the one in this thread :)
I hope EW will continue adding more presets, they are fun to play around with.

That's some great addition. Since Sonuscore co-developed OPUS, this is inline with The Orchestra Complete 2 and The Orchestra with preset themes.

I just started playing with the new Action Pack presets. My initial reaction is that the percussion programming sounds really great and fits the genre well. There have been quite a few free presets added now since the Opus/Orchestrator launch. Hopefully that trend will continue ;)

I love this. While I feel like using them in a piece feels too much like cheating, and not me writing the music, the opportunity to learn here is incredible. How to orchestrate these motifs is right there to learn from, and tinker with directly. For me, these are not so much presets, but a different version of Orchestral Recipes. We live in a golden age of musical education and production with tools like these.

I would go as far to say that I won’t spend anything on virtual instruments in future, unless they have this sort of innovation. I have all the sounds I want/need. There are no ‘game changers’ that will convince me anymore. However, this sort of innovation, that improves workflow or knowledge, I’m willing to pay for happily.

I love this. While I feel like using them in a piece feels too much like cheating, and not me writing the music…
I am hoping that EW builds out the “Ensembles” and “Ostinatos” preset sections in future. While the “Scores” presets make for great “wow factor” demos, to me it feels like they take me beyond the point where I can make the composition my own. The Ensembles and Ostinatos are more helpful in that regard, IMHO.

I just tried to open up the Action Pack, but when I load Hollywood Orchestrator, I don't see them. Do I need to update something to gain access? If so, how?

Same here, I updated via the EW Installation Center and the four new preset categories were added to the bottom of the Scores list.

I am hoping that EW builds out the “Ensembles” and “Ostinatos” preset sections in future. While the “Scores” presets make for great “wow factor” demos, to me it feels like they take me beyond the point where I can make the composition my own. The Ensembles and Ostinatos are more helpful in that regard, IMHO.
Claim scores as your own one section at a time :grin:

Top Bottom