What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on MSS, once you have time and feel comfortable doing so.
I will do so... (i'm just finishing a project right now, so i'm short of time...)
First impression is very good, however (as also with MSB) it's a library that needs some knowhow.
And before i pressed the first note, i disabled all convo reverbs and autodivisi.

The legato sounds good to my ears (very first impression), but i think it's not made for melodies that are played permanently in fff.

(but i just spent really few time with it so far...)

I would argue that in the terms of the 80/20 rule this is 80% a user problem. Where in orchestral concert music do you find extended passages of sordino, sul tasto or sul pont in fff? And of course that would sound strained. Just because the option is there on the mod wheel range it does not necessarily mean you have to use it. These articulations are much more interesting on lower dynamics by nature.
If speaking in particular about those articulations, that makes sense. My comment was about a number of people having reported higher mod values with more standard articulations.

I will do so... (i'm just finishing a project right now, so i'm short of time...)
First impression is very good, however (as also with MSB) it's a library that needs some knowhow.
And before i pressed the first note, i disabled all convo reverbs and autodivisi.

The legato sounds good to my ears (very first impression), but i think it's not made for melodies that are played permanently in fff.

(but i just spent really few time with it so far...)
I'd be very interested in your take on this also.

It's definitely clicking more for me today.

You know the drill with sample libraries. You get to know its sound, responsiveness and feel, then you write for that rather than against it. The demos I had problems with now sound like they were trying to force it rather than working with it.

Still have yet to really dig into the fast legato though, one thing at a time.

Is anyone experiencing disk and/or cpu spikes while using this library ? I’m on Logic Pro x and have stripped quite a lot of the patches down to just a handful of articulations but still having some issues. Don’t want to keep bothering the audiobro guys, anyone got an idea how to fix this ?
Unfortunately it’s happening quite often, even when I’m just playing one instrument that doesn’t have many articulations loaded...I hope this isn’t going to mean the library is unusable as I am really enjoying it and in the middle of trying to mock some important stuff up...

any suggestions would be very helpful...I’ll check out the audio bro forum

I hate to say it, but A/Bing MSS with LASS, I like LASS better ☹️ more clarity.
LASS 3 should sound equal to LASS 2.5, but running in their new GUI/Engine. and much easier to use.

I'm still not sure what to think about MSS, for now I'm just observing the developments as far as user feedback, more videos, demos. I have until March 15 th or 16th to decide before the loyalty discount ends. Maybe they can extend it, but that's up to AudioBro.

Is it mostly the clarity ? How does MSS lack clarity, not sure I understand what Clarity means here.
I guess I'd say clarity=realism, crispness, definition. MSS is of course more refined but when I A/Bd my heart sank because I felt more realism from LASS.

I'm with you. I think the MSS sound is much clearer. LASS has a lot of baked-in room and sounds much less focused
I can't easily judge this detail, since I don't have MSS, and I find it hard to evaluate something like this via the videos, and demos that are already posted.

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting tight, observing, and trying to decide if I will or won't buy MSS + Leg. Expansions.

Hopefully AudioBro will post more videos, and more users videos, and feedback will help me decide.

Oh.. do you know why LASS 3 is not going to be released earlier this year, but rather around the end of the year ?

Thanks.

I've really been eyeing the ostinato feature since the first MSS video came out. Decided to give it a go with SCS to see how close I could get (with the new AR1 Legendary Low strings as a low-end bonus). I think SCS does a decent job. It took a little finessing, but by changing up legato type and finessing CC it started to sound fairly natural to my ears.

Curious what you owners think compared to what MSS can do.

Unfin 2021-02-18.mp3 4 MB

OH.. I should also add that I'm also very interested, and excited about the upcoming Sonokinetic Strings Library, which also offers divisi feature. So.. It's becoming harder to rush buying MSS, given the Sonokinetic library will be out in April, but that would also mean I have to decide before April since I will lose my loyalty discount for MSS.

I've really been eyeing the ostinato feature since the first MSS video came out. Decided to give it a go with SCS to see how close I could get (with the new AR1 Legendary Low strings as a low-end bonus). I think SCS does a decent job. It took a little finessing, but by changing up legato type and finessing CC it started to sound fairly natural to my ears.

I was hopping someone would do that but didn't dear to ask. Thanks a lot.

I don't own MSS, but I think MSS Ostinatos sound much more realistic, and smoother than your demo.

I'm surprised no one is posting some videos, or demos using it so far. But mostly discussing legato, and solo violin. ;)

Top Bottom