What's new

Audiobro Modern Scoring Strings

This

This one 1:10. Or even better 2:26

Well I’m not feeling particularly masochistic 😂 but I could see if I have time tomorrow. Not at the DAW right now — Do you know if the MIDI you previously provided has all those parts? The 8 violins playing the melody an octave up will be easy enough but context helps sell it ... and at 2:26 there’s a couple things going on that would take me a while to figure out by ear.

Well I’m not feeling particularly masochistic 😂 but I could see if I have time tomorrow. Not at the DAW right now — Do you know if the MIDI you previously provided has all those parts? The 8 violins playing the melody an octave up will be easy enough but context helps sell it ... and at 2:26 there’s a couple things going on that would take me a while to figure out by ear.
It just has the piano and harp and violin tune , which is a better way of exposing the violins ie not having a string backing . It’s just to see if you can get a violin section playing the tune with some emotion, not to sound like 8 Itzahcs , but to see if MSS section can sound ok doing the top line

It just has the piano and harp and violin tune , which is a better way of exposing the violins ie not having a string backing . It’s just to see if you can get a violin section playing the tune with some emotion, not to sound like 8 Itzahcs , but to see if MSS section can sound ok doing the top line
Ps I posted the sheet music to the tune earlier

Interesting to see the MSS Discussion here become more focused on Solo Violin performance. :emoji_thinking:
In the Audiobro legato vidio Audiobro was encouraging to use the solo violin with the ensemble to get more detail so I'm sure they noticed something special there,

From what I am hearing from some of these demos from say those who understand how to apply the new library

I hear a very complete library that is well thought out and works if you understand what to do it may not be for everyone but it is now the library that stands above the rest,

I'm starting to feel like the biggest problem with this release is simply the default values of the legato settings.
That's great to know!
How do you prefer setting it then? If you have the time, care to share any simple melodic line with the improved settings?

Also have you tried THIS (sufficiently till step 6)? and if you did how do you like the result?

This is the sort of video I want to see. Would have loved to see a bit more fiddling with the controls, but this is helpful.
Very talented guy. He's struggling there with the celli because he pushes the CC1 above 70-80 up to 127. Where using the full the dynamic range, which is huge and very pronounced between 50-60 would have given him a much more realistic performance in the context of his intimate piece, i think. But i would have to try it to know for sure, but it seems obvious 70-127 is too much there.

Very talented guy. He's struggling there with the celli because he pushes the CC1 above 70-80 up to 127. Where using the full the dynamic range, which is huge and very pronounced between 50-60 would have given him a much more realistic performance, i think. But i would have to try it to know for sure.
Yes, he's quite obviously what people would refer to as "legit," and I'm by no means going to judge his first couple of hours with the library with any real seriousness.

He got carried away a bit - as he called out - with composing rather than digging deep into the library! I believe he said he's considering a video covering blending with other strings, perhaps some EQ, etc.

Good stuff, either way. I just really wish he had taken a few moments to turn a couple of knobs for the legato speed/volume and even brightness, to aid in the cello tone that he didn't seem to like. I'm hoping I didn't simply miss it.

Last edited:
Is MSS supposed to replace LASS
I think that depends on how you specifically use LASS.

or in other word is it LASS 3?
No, I believe the understanding is that there is going to be an eventual LASS conversion to the new engine, but MSS is a different library with some overlap yet also significantly different capabilities and techniques that you won't see with LASS.

Is anyone experiencing disk and/or cpu spikes while using this library ? I’m on Logic Pro x and have stripped quite a lot of the patches down to just a handful of articulations but still having some issues. Don’t want to keep bothering the audiobro guys, anyone got an idea how to fix this ?

Is anyone experiencing disk and/or cpu spikes while using this library ? I’m on Logic Pro x and have stripped quite a lot of the patches down to just a handful of articulations but still having some issues. Don’t want to keep bothering the audiobro guys, anyone got an idea how to fix this ?
How frequent? In the video posted a page or two back, the streamer had at least one very high spike of note (from ~8% to ~90% and then back down). I believe it's a common enough issue for modern Audiobro libraries that they've put together videos and forum posts (their own board) addressing them.

I wonder if anyone has had hanging notes yet on legato patches? That is something that occurred every once in a while with LASS (Logic).

I still get hanging notes all the time in CineBrass (I'm fully up-to-date on the library and Kontakt), and here and there with Berlin Strings sustains.

Top Bottom