What's new

Liquidsonics announces "7th Heaven" (based on Bricasti M7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK @SoNowWhat, but my discussion was not about iLok. It was about Liquid Sonics not allowing computer authorization because of the 1% of pirates who stole their software and iLok computer authorization not being secure enough because there are soooooo many evil pirates out there. There are more pirates than honest people according their policy and they are the most paranoid kid on the block so they take my hit.. After building new computer, I love iLok and eLicenser because it eased my non-pirate woes. I disagree. It belongs here because this is not an iLok issue or complaint against them. It is a Liquid Sonics paranoia issue and a complaint against against them. To "down the rhetoric" is a nice way of saying "shut up." OK, I'll shut up. Did you ever write software and sell it and worry about people stealing it? I did, so I get a say. Do you have a say? If so, I'd love to hear your story. What is the software scene down under? Love to hear how it is different from America and Europe and Middle East and Far East.

Every time a product is protected by ILok, we get the same tired argument.
I am more interested with feedback about the product, rather than the same old bitching.

Developers need to protect their investment, whether it is efficient or not.

iLok 3 is solid. No problems with it so far. They at least offer protection from failure for a few dollars per year. With eLicenser and VSL, you are screwed if it fails, or so it seems. Don't know why that is. Is this what you wanted to hear?

You are right. I brought up what I did not know was an old point. Oops. Didn't know it was old and stale to the legacy members. Only been a member since 2012 and I don't read every post. Forgive me for my repetition and boredom to you.

is having an ilok really that uncommon these days? I hate it because it makes transferring licenses more difficult(and thus companies are less likely to allow it) but on the flip side - if the developer sleeps better at night with the safety blanket, then they'll write better code when they wake up. Piracy is a real issue, period - and if that's a problem, then don't use software.

if it's not profitable to make software - people stop doing it...

Yes, I agree. But is it true that most people are evil and will steal software if given the chance? That is what the people who use extravagant protection, like iLok think. They think that if they do not protect their software, most people will steal it. For me, I do not need iLok or any protection. I have paid to use this software every time and will continue to do so. But I also hate that I have to jump through these hoops because the developers cannot stand even one person stealing their software.

I will remind anyone who thinks that this should not be in a commercial announcement post that it was not started by Liquid Sonics but by a member who likes them, @Garlu But Liquid Sonics did reply defending their copy protection decision, so it belongs here. I'll just say to them "You have the right to protect yourself. Lock it down so not even one evil person can steal your software. I am for you protecting yourself from them, but because by keeping them out, you also punish me, a potential buyer, you shan't see any of my money." That is my right, just as it is their right to make sure not even one person steals their software. I won't steal it. I won't even be using it.

Yes, I agree. But is it true that most people are evil and will steal software if given the chance? That is what the people who use extravagant protection, like iLok think. They think that if they do not protect their software, most people will steal it. For me, I do not need iLok or any protection. I have paid to use this software every time and will continue to do so. But I also hate that I have to jump through these hoops because the developers cannot stand even one person stealing their software.

I will remind anyone who thinks that this should not be in a commercial announcement post that it was not started by Liquid Sonics but by a member who likes them, @Garlu But Liquid Sonics did reply defending their copy protection decision, so it belongs here. I'll just say to them "You have the right to protect yourself. Lock it down so not even one evil person can steal your software. I am for you protecting yourself from them, but because by keeping them out, you also punish me, a potential buyer, you shan't see any of my money." That is my right, just as it is their right to make sure not even one person steals their software. I won't steal it. I won't even be using it.

Seriously?????? There's way more than "1 evil person" using pirated software.
Developers have every right imo to earn $$ from their work,you're not being "punished."
You have choice whether to buy or not buy software & the developer has the choice if they want to actually sell their products instead of having it stolen by hundreds if not thousands of thieves on the internet.

Do you and would you happily work for free if people wanted to utilize your works and not pay you for your time or service??

The developer is also making a choice that he wants to sell his hard work and try to avoid having it stolen.

Speaking for myself, I want talented developers to make as much $$ as the market will allow so they can stay in business and keep producing innovative products.

The reality imo is there are dishonest people who will steal software if it's easy enough to do..............................
If something like iLock deters some of the thieves so a good company can stay in business,I'm all for it.

I've never had a problem with any iLock dongles and several times I've found myself setting up a new computer or installing a new boot drive I have loved the time saved with getting up and running via iLock and often think it would be great if all software authorizations were that easy to implement.........

Do I like Pace or their no downtime paradigm? Absolutely not but I'd really be bummed out if good developers couldn't stay productive,in business and turn the profit they're entitled to because pirates were stealing their products.

It sounds like you're actually offended that a developer wants to protect their work,imagine how they feel seeing pirated copies all over the internet...........

Last edited:
Every time a product is protected by ILok, we get the same tired argument.
I am more interested with feedback about the product, rather than the same old bitching.

Developers need to protect their investment, whether it is efficient or not.
This, and the iLok discussion is really getting old. No problems here whatsoever since many years.

This, and the iLok discussion is really getting old. No problems here whatsoever since many years.

Seriously?????? There's way more than "1 evil person" using pirated software.
Developers have every right imo to earn $$ from their work,you're not being "punished."

I just built a new computer. It took every spare hour that I had for two months entering serial numbers and installing software. Even the iLok developers made me install software that looked for the ilok to make it work. Maybe you don't feel punished kgdrum, but I do. So let me feel punished. Yes it is old to you, Hannes. It is very old but yet very real to me now. Don't read my posts. That is what I suggest to both of you. That way you won't feel violated. Then you won't grow tired and weary of my opinion about this. I never said 1 evil person kgdrum. I said 1 percent. Huge difference. One percent of 10,000 people is 100 evil people. OK maybe 99% of people are evil, so 9900 out of 10,000 will steal software, if given the chance so the software developers have to protect themselves from the 99%. I have trouble believing that. That thinking is what fuels racial profiling and make people who do that feel justified.

I could not do that with my software. I got a pretty fun job to make money to live and survive. Not as fun as music and nuclear software, but still fun. Then I wrote software that was really fun for me to do and gave it away for free. 30,000 unique visits per month on my free nuclear software site and fans from all over the world send me thanks all the time. I won't do what I love for money because it taints the fun. It is OK to disagree with me though. So you'll do what's fun for money, but you will punish your good hearted users as well as the pirates. No way to get around that, at least no way that I have thought of.

News flash, nobody cares

Again, how does this reverb compare to the reverberate 2 banks?

I tried the 14 day demo. It is good but really no better than or not even a good as Eventide, UAD Lexicon or Vahalla Vintage Verb. Eventide and Lexicon are emulations of expensive studio boxes that are tried and true. So is this one. Bricasti. Box for box, is the expensive Bricasti better than Lexicon or Eventide? Depends on what you like. If you like it, buy it, then brag about owning it, if anybody really cares what you buy or think. ☺ (sorry friend, had to nudge you on that) My favorite DAW verb is still EastWest Quantum Leap Spaces. It is beyond transparent. It is natural and if you mix it so that you can't really hear it, unless you turn it off, then it shines. I may still buy this Liquid Sonics product because it has a sound of its own that is unique and in some ways probably better than the studio Bricasti black box. I mean really, which reverb depends on the track you are mixing, so they are all good. I never downloaded or bought Reverberate 2 so I can't answer your question about that. But from listening to this new plugin, I can say that Liquid Sonics are smart and solid programmers. They know what they are doing and it sounds great. I'll give them some of my money and put it on my iLok 3, in spite of my disagreement with their protection policy.

Personally, I am happy with the reverbs I have and not interested. (UAD verbs, QL Spaces, PSP 2445, Adaptiverb, Logic verbs)

That said, our member Jack Weaver owns not only a lot of software verbs but several expensive hardware reverbs, including the Bricasti, and I believe he thinks it is pretty much the top dog. Engineer John Rodd, who has popped in from time to time, told me the same thing.

So if it is a faithful rendition, maybe worth considering if you are not 100% happy with the ones you have.

Personally, I am happy with the reverbs I have and not interested. (UAD verbs, QL Spaces, PSP 2445, Adaptiverb, Logic verbs)

That said, our member Jack Weaver owns not only a lot of software verbs but several expensive hardware reverbs, including the Bricasti, and I believe he thinks it is pretty much the top dog. Engineer John Rodd, who has popped in from time to time, told me the same thing.

So if it is a faithful rendition, maybe worth considering if you are not 100% happy with the ones you have.

Excellent advice as always Jay. Vox causa.

I've been using seventh heaven for a couple of months now (beta team) and is become one of my favorite reverbs now, along with R4. Liquidsonics did an excellent job!!! :2thumbs:

Also, enough with the stupid iLok dissing already. I and probably 95% of everyone else has rarely, if never, had a problem with iLok. o_O

I've been using seventh heaven for a couple of months now (beta team) and is become one of my favorite reverbs now, along with R4. Liquidsonics did an excellent job!!! :2thumbs:

Also, enough with the stupid iLok dissing already. I and probably 95% of everyone else has rarely, if never, had a problem with iLok. o_O

can you say how does it compare against reverberate 2 and its m7 impulses?

OK @SoNowWhat, but my discussion was not about iLok. It was about Liquid Sonics not allowing computer authorization because of the 1% of pirates who stole their software and iLok computer authorization not being secure enough because there are soooooo many evil pirates out there. There are more pirates than honest people according their policy and they are the most paranoid kid on the block so they take my hit.. After building new computer, I love iLok and eLicenser because it eased my non-pirate woes. I disagree. It belongs here because this is not an iLok issue or complaint against them. It is a Liquid Sonics paranoia issue and a complaint against against them. To "down the rhetoric" is a nice way of saying "shut up." OK, I'll shut up. Did you ever write software and sell it and worry about people stealing it? I did, so I get a say. Do you have a say? If so, I'd love to hear your story. What is the software scene down under? Love to hear how it is different from America and Europe and Middle East and Far East.
I really didn't mean for you to shut up at all. I thought you had good points to make and said as much. I am not a software developer so can't comment on that front. I've said earlier in this thread that iLok dongle means no-go for me but, I can appreciate that devs need to take whatever steps they deem necessary to protect their IP. I didn't intend to offend you so if I did my sincere apologies.

Last edited:
Okay, but as I moderator I am saying - asking politely - to please shut up in this thread. :)

Developers invest a lot of money, time, and heart in their products. Let's stick to the commercial announcement here, please.

The Gear Talk or OT sections would be appropriate for this kind of banter if you want to start another thread about iLoks. I happen to suspect that nobody cares, but that's not the point.

Okay, but as I moderator I am saying - asking politely - to please shut up in this thread. :)

Developers invest a lot of money, time, and heart in their products. Let's stick to the commercial announcement here, please.

The Gear Talk or OT sections would be appropriate for this kind of banter if you want to start another thread about iLoks. I happen to suspect that nobody cares, but that's not the point.

In addition to Like your Post ... and as a very new User here .... puzzled a bit by 'high traffic' COMMERCIAL Announcement Threads (ex. BT Phobos) which have good content, yet go on and on and never appear in SAMPLE Talk. Easy to depart from COMMERCIAL intent/benefit and then zapped. :shocked:

In addition to Like your Post ... and as a very new User here .... puzzled a bit by 'high traffic' COMMERCIAL Announcement Threads (ex. BT Phobos) which have good content, yet go on and on and never appear in SAMPLE Talk. Easy to depart from COMMERCIAL intent/benefit and then zapped. :shocked:
Just in case you are a bit puzzled by "Commercial" threads...I may be misunderstanding the content of your post...the idea is to keep comments focused on a discussion of the product itself and not go off on tangents about other developer's products or, as you've noticed, things like complaints about iLok. This thread is indeed in the Commercial announcements, but there's a wee bit of a 'grey' area in this one, because Vanessa (Garlu) posted it, not the developer. Nevertheless, the consensus seems to be to respect the developer, focus on the product as usual (I agree), and if one insists, discuss other things elsewhere. Threads like the Phobos one can occasionally go off track too, but also can be dragged back fairly quickly. In general, the interest in the product is usually so high at the time, that the discussion threads about problems or complaints may not show up until later (or not at all), and are then posted in Sample Talk. Does that, in any way, address your puzzlement? :)

Last edited:

Take a really close look at the very first post Nick. This was not a commercial announcement posted by the developer, Liquid Sonics, but by a normal, everyday user. If you are upset by this, really, you are a moderator. You have the power in your hands to move it to Sample Talk or gear talk, or another topic where it should be. If you are going to weigh in, at least do your research. You were probably too busy to read the first post and made assumptions by coming in during the middle of the discussion. I understand and forgive you for that.

To all who got upset by my opinions, if you take a suspected warlock and put him in a barrel of water and hold his head down for three minutes and he drowns, that means that he is not a warlock. Give me the warlock test and I'll drown and then you will be rid of me my controversial opinions. OK, now I'll shut up.

if it was posted by the developer or not... it became a (senseless for me) dongle discussion. questions are overlooked and not answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom