What's new

Liquidsonics announces "7th Heaven" (based on Bricasti M7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlu

Just seen this:

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/seventh-heaven-professional/#1487631437535-83647eee-05be

Would be curious to listen on how it blends with the sources...

It looks like they have improved also the capturing process (compared to Reverberate 2 or Slate's VerbSuite). I own both but I might have to try it (although I have been liking Exponential Audio's R4 lately).

Shame the Video demos are using drums only (and the audio demos have a terrible classical recording...)

Thoughts?

Cool ! Using Reverberate 2 and love the sound.
Snap! Me too.
I purchased it on sale a few months ago and have only recently gotten it up and running. I like it...a lot! To my ears at least it is wonderfully transparent and I haven't even started to begin tweaking settings to the extent that are available.
As I type I'm downloading the M7 IR's for Reverberate2 (from Liquidsonic) so will see how they go.

Last edited:
Having tried the static Bricasti IR's a few years ago, I was shocked at just how good Reverberate 2 was. Haven't tested side by side, but did own an M7 for a while, and Reverberate did seem to get you 80% there, which is largely enough, especially when using samples that already have proper baked-in er's.

The only thing missing for me was the control over the different parameters, which seems to be resolved with Seventh Heaven!

Just seen this:

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/seventh-heaven-professional/#1487631437535-83647eee-05be

Would be curious to listen on how it blends with the sources...

It looks like they have improved also the capturing process (compared to Reverberate 2 or Slate's VerbSuite). I own both but I might have to try it (although I have been liking Exponential Audio's R4 lately).

Shame the Video demos are using drums only (and the audio demos have a terrible classical recording...)

Thoughts?
Hard to beat the EA verbs... At least for my taste. Though it sounds quite subtle I have to say. But it just crashed my logic session a moment ago.

Since Reverberate 2 doesn't require iLok I was happy to purchase it at the time. How disappointing it is to see that they've added an iLok requirement for Seventh Heaven ... otherwise I'd almost certainly have been getting this.

Edit: I emailed Liquidsonics about this, and they responded almost immediately, to their credit. I was very sorry to hear from them how widely Reverberate 2 was pirated (pirates SUCK), but I nonetheless had to tell them that, unfortunately, I can only consider continuing to purchase software from them if they eventually make available a non-iLok, non-PACE alternative for copy protection.

Last edited:
Since Reverberate 2 doesn't require iLok I was happy to purchase it at the time. How disappointing it is to see that they've added an iLok requirement for Seventh Heaven ... otherwise I'd almost certainly have been getting this.

I'm always surprised to see developers still supporting this. They are losing a chunk of sales due to this I'd imagine. When a plugin uses iLok I have to factor in that cost as well as have something take up a USB port. I too will avoid any plugin that requires an iLok dongle.

Now, on the other hand I don't mind the software version of iLok. Too bad they don't support that.

The other question I have is, what is the difference between this and using the M7 IRs and Reverberate 2?

Now, on the other hand I don't mind the software version of iLok. Too bad they don't support that.

In their email, they said that the software version isn't as secure, which is why they aren't using it.

Interestingly, they (Matt) also said that the PACE software is quite different now than it was back when I had problems. I'll admit that I have not kept up on the technology, since my level of respect for PACE as a company is less than zero, but I do now think I should at least try to do some research on any changes to their software, in terms of its invasiveness on users' systems.

Can't blame them for protecting themselves using Ilok. Soooo many people use cracked sw. Even "professionals" who make good money. It's in our own interest that developers of all kinds can innovate and get paid for their innovations. And whatever they have to do to protect themselves, we should (imo) support that...

There are just too many tools that I depend on for me to avoid iLok or eLicenser... and it has been so long since I've experienced a problem with either! The last big problem at iLok was publicly announced by iLok, and resolved pretty quickly. The company seems to have figured out they need their customers to have customers<G>!

Can't blame them for protecting themselves using Ilok. Soooo many people use cracked sw. Even "professionals" who make good money. It's in our own interest that developers of all kinds can innovate and get paid for their innovations. And whatever they have to do to protect themselves, we should (imo) support that...

Well stated. When Logic used the XS key, I used them without problems. I have used both iLoks and e-Liscensers for years. Zero problems, but maybe I have just been lucky.

In their email, they said that the software version isn't as secure, which is why they aren't using it.

Interestingly, they (Matt) also said that the PACE software is quite different now than it was back when I had problems. I'll admit that I have not kept up on the technology, since my level of respect for PACE as a company is less than zero, but I do now think I should at least try to do some research on any changes to their software, in terms of its invasiveness on users' systems.

I think the iLok issues of the past were much more serious than the ones we have had recently. Their newer Eden content protection is a lot less invasive on the system than Interlok was too. They had a hicup when launching a major change to the license manager a while ago but resolved it, and occasionally a server goes down for a small amount of time, but that's not really too uncommon in the IT industry.

With the coming tide of subscription software that needs the ability to firmly lock in and out lots of products on a month by month basis, I can see iLok / soft iLok gaining traction quite quickly if they can earn back some of the reputation that I think is deserved.

The other question I have is, what is the difference between this and using the M7 IRs and Reverberate 2?
The real difference, aside from some improvements in sampling and playback resulting from customising 3 dedicated Fusion-IR convolvers to low/early/late reverbs (not practical in a general purpose convolution), is that it feels like using an M7 because of the attention paid to the controls and huge amount of multi-sampling so you can pick whatever decay time you want (try doing that on a regular convolution). Some of the controls that I think really make the M7 what it is are the roll-off filters, with convolution you're usually stuck with the filtering you get at sample time, but not here. Plus the behaviour of the pre-delay, decay time and delay are really representative of the unit. I could go on but it all adds up to a reverb that behaves like it's algorithmic, and with the sound being so close to the M7, that justifies it being its own product.

Well stated. When Logic used the XS key, I used them without problems. I have used both iLoks and e-Liscensers for years. Zero problems, but maybe I have just been lucky.
Same here...34 licenses on iLok...zero problems over the years. Nor do I consider an iLok invasive. Different strokes for different folks I guess!
Moving on...thanks for sharing this information, Vanessa. Interested in hearing more comments from people who have taken the time to test (or are testing) Seventh Heaven.

Well after a bit of playing around with the Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven Pro and its smaller brother today I must say that I truly love this reverb. I never had a Bricasti M7 so I can not offer any comparisons but the 2 plugins both sound amazing. Very transparent and subtle in the mix. I am not at all an expert on Fusion IR's and the likes but compared to convolution plugins which can get messy at times this is very smooth and classy sounding and is quite tweakable. If you don't like too many knobs and options the standard version for £49.00 is just the thing. Worth checking out I think!

I think the iLok issues of the past were much more serious than the ones we have had recently. Their newer Eden content protection is a lot less invasive on the system than Interlok was too. They had a hicup when launching a major change to the license manager a while ago but resolved it, and occasionally a server goes down for a small amount of time, but that's not really too uncommon in the IT industry.

With the coming tide of subscription software that needs the ability to firmly lock in and out lots of products on a month by month basis, I can see iLok / soft iLok gaining traction quite quickly if they can earn back some of the reputation that I think is deserved.

I've been researching this today after our emails, and I'm sorry to say that I've still seen too many bad things about PACE and iLok to want to saddle my studio computer with it ... things like a system process needing to be constantly running for iLok to work (and hence drawing on system resources that I want going toward my music production), and worse, $45 cheaply-built iLok keys regularly failing after only a few months. Oh, and PACE's "support" staff claiming to not recognize simple phrases like "my iLok is broken".

Sorry ... I'd like to have had my mind changed about it so that I could look at Seventh Heaven, but I'll still be avoiding iLok-crippled software for the foreseeable future. Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom