What's new

Zebra 2 vs omnisphere 2

As for my decision for the Bundle of effects, I read your answers carefully and was still consulting a lot of video and I will rather at first take different products at U-HE.

I love this company, their products of excellent quality, a team of kindness and professional exceptional, in short, just perfect.

I will eventually take Omnisphere 2, because a monster Vst, it could really be enough to itself, given its power of typing and version 2.5, gives it a much more infinite potential.

I can not wait to see the next version 3, who knows maybe a hardware / software version.

Spectrasonics, like U-HE, are remarkable, both in their products close to perfection and the people who work there.

I think your choice to buy them in succession is wise: both for your wallet and for the learning curve. Much better to take them on one at a time.

Best,

Geoff
What he said!!!

I found Zebra a little easier to learn, but it could go either way!

Thank you for that clarification. So, they are complementary.
Can you expand on this please? My impression was omnisphere was extremely flexible and you could design sounds beyond the presets - is that not the case?

And if you can indeed, what is limiting you cook creating a sound similar to zebra's? Just curious - many thanks for any input :)

Thank you for your answers.

Indeed, learning very impotant.

Why, I complete what I already have to start products from

U-he I particularly like (Zebra 2 and Diva).

As a result, by the monstrous Omnisphere 2.5, which for him and in view of practically infinite possibilities must be a sacred pieces.

Even though other Vst Rapid, Dms Ascension really seem to have a lot of potential, at some point you have to stop and start using what you do not like Vst.

Check out Pluginguru on youtube and look into the playlists. Lots on Omnishpere including some programming tips. Also some on Zebra. I use both.

Don't own either (well, I own various free versions of Zebra). But they seem like they would be (potentially) rather different.
Isn't Zebra pure synthesis? It is not sample based (maybe you can import some waveforms?).
While Omnisphere is probably capable of producing synthesizer tones (like Engine2 and other sampler environments), it also uses
samples (similar to Kontakt?). So I see this as an apples and oranges kind of thing. They are completely different. I think a fairer comparison would be Omnisphere 2 vs Falcon, or Zebra 2 vs Dune 2.
Again, I own neither, so everything I said is only based on what little knowledge I've garnered through casual perusing. I may be full of it.

Top Bottom