What's new

Your NI Komplete (Ultimate) gems

Bluemount Score

So we already have an interesting thread about gems in the Kontakt Factory Library:
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/your-gems-from-the-kontakt-factory-library.53208/

As I think many good things in here are kinda underrated or overlooked, what are your favorite libraries / patches / effects from Komplete?

Personally (as a KU12 CE owner), I regulary make good use of

Libraries:
- Action Strikes
- The Grandeur
- Alicias Keys
- The Giant
- Symphony Series
- Studio Drummer
- the "Evolve" Series by Heavyocity
- Rise and Hit

Effects:
- RC 48 (my go-to reverb plugin)
- Transient Master FX

Many more stuff I'm still interested to try out.

- Kinetic Metal & Kinetic Toys
- Reaktor Prism
- Session Strings Pro 2
- Una Corda
- The Gentleman
- Vintage Organs
- Symphony String Ensemble

Being on Komplete 10 Ultimate, absolute Gems are Cuba, kinetic metal and Supercharger gt. Session Horns Pro, Monark, Razor as well as the whole premium tube series should be seen as honorable mentions because they are good and solid. But here that's not too much of a surprise.

Discovery Series Middle East is my favorite KU12 library.
Una Corda
Strummed Acoustic 1 and 2
Electric Sunburst
Vintage Organs
DrumLab
Polyplex
Modpack Series
Replika XT
Symphony Series Percussion (CE)

Massive
Absynth
Kontakt Factory Library
Reaktor's Razor
Drumlab
Guitar Rig 5- More for effects than traditional guitar amping
All the Scarbee basses depending on the project.
Session Horns Pro
All the Session Guitarist series
The Giant
Alicia keys
Berlin Concert Grand - Not included in newer versions of Komplete (I still have it from K9U)
Solid Bus Comp
Replika XT
Session Strings Pro- useful for repetitive/ostinato stuff.

So much more I need to spend more time with. I've been impressed with Hybrid Keys, and I'm looking forward to trying out Middle East and of course Massive X when it comes out.

Kinetic Metal never gets old for me, use it in almost every track. Other than that, I've recently become to appreciate Etheral Earth.

From the top of my head:

- everything from Heavyocity (Damage, Evolve series)
- Kinetic Metal
- Reaktor (user libs are a goldmine), also Monark and Razor
- Polyplex (can't believe how much I love this thing)
- Drumlab (You need drums? Here's drums)
- Battery 4
- Absynth
- RC48 (Go-to reverb)
- Una Corda
- Alicia's Keys (my sketching piano)
- Symphony Series
- Discovery Series (which I'll never stop discovering. HAH)

and I've been making quite a bit of use of the CE 'expansion packs'. I very much like the Synthwave and Jungle ones.

Edit: Honestly, I often grab whatever is useful when I'm trying out random ideas, the scarbee basses, organs and the guitars being insanely useful for quick ideas. The Grandeur and Maverick see a fair bit of use too. The entire package is just so useful for someone like me.

Kinetic Metal never gets old for me, use it in almost every track. Other than that, I've recently become to appreciate Etheral Earth.
I need to reach that one more often. I remember it being very good. I'm just so used to using other libraries I have that are similar before I upgraded to KU11. Now I'm on KU12 and still haven't given it a chance. There's so much in ultimate it's hard to understand why I have so much other stuff. It's definitely not because I need them all.

the scarbee basses, organs and the guitars being insanely useful for quick ideas

The Scarbee's are really useful. I remember starting a peice with the Scarbee bass, can't remember which one, and ended up morphing it into this really cool hybrid distorted bass sound. If I had known my track was going hybrid I would have grabbed another library and had instant hybrid bass satisfaction from the beginning but honestly it was cool to see how this little sampled bass turned into something completely different and electronic sounding. Sometimes it's just more fun to create these sounds out of what you already have. It really is amazing how well NI has diversified Komplete Ultimate.

Last edited:
From the top of my head:

- everything from Heavyocity (Damage, Evolve series)
- Kinetic Metal
- Reaktor (user libs are a goldmine), also Monark and Razor
- Polyplex (can't believe how much I love this thing)
- Drumlab (You need drums? Here's drums)
- Battery 4
- Absynth
- RC48 (Go-to reverb)
- Una Corda
- Alicia's Keys (my sketching piano)
- Symphony Series
- Discovery Series (which I'll never stop discovering. HAH)

and I've been making quite a bit of use of the CE 'expansion packs'. I very much like the Synthwave and Jungle ones.

Edit: Honestly, I often grab whatever is useful when I'm trying out random ideas, the scarbee basses, organs and the guitars being insanely useful for quick ideas. The Grandeur and Maverick see a fair bit of use too. The entire package is just so useful for someone like me.
This comment is 90% me, so I guess I have to check Polyplex out next :)

Scarbee basses
Grandeur
Una Corda
Discovery India
Africa
Vintage Organ
Electric Sunburst
Strummed Acoustic 1 & 2
Action Strike
Session Horns Pro
I haven't done anything without Kontakt in a long, long time.

Kontakt ...

... and I'm trying to remember the last time used anything else in Komplete.

So we already have an interesting thread about gems in the Kontakt Factory Library:
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/your-gems-from-the-kontakt-factory-library.53208/

As I think many good things in here are kinda underrated or overlooked, what are your favorite libraries / patches / effects from Komplete?

Personally (as a KU12 CE owner), I regulary make good use of

Libraries:
- Action Strikes
- The Grandeur
- Alicias Keys
- The Giant
- Symphony Series
- Studio Drummer
- the "Evolve" Series by Heavyocity
- Rise and Hit

Effects:
- RC 48 (my go-to reverb plugin)
- Transient Master FX

Many more stuff I'm still interested to try out.

At first I mistook the una corda for another in the excessive line of pianos. It actually has some pretty impressive range.

Top Bottom