What's new

What Can Hexeract Do that Other Synths Can't? - Part 2

Strange, as presets were all adjusted to just about not clip... the master volume is the grey slider just to the left of the preset display at the global toolbar ;)

No... the output level is about 12db down in AU Logic land. The meter in the interface is not corresponding with the outside world. Also the levels of different pre-sets are all over the place. The sound quality seems very good but it's hard to audition presets when each one needs a different gain boost to actually hear them - up to 24db in some cases...

Last edited:
Yes. The plugin looks for a file called LinkOSX at this location:

Code:
~/Music/Auddict/Hexeract/Resources/

If it doesn't find one, it assumes the samples are not installed. Just delete this file and the dialog should reappear.

I lucked through the install process - I didn't really understand what was happening but I clearly pointed things in the right direction 'cos the samples all extracted and loaded. Bit confusing.

Code:

If it doesn't find one, it assumes the samples are not installed. Just delete this file and the dialog should reappear.
Is that on a Mac? Because I'm not finding that folder or the file on my PC.

Is that on a Mac? Because I'm not finding that folder or the file on my PC.

Yes. On Windows the file is called LinkWindows obviously :), and can be found here:

Code:
%APPDATA%/Auddict/Hexeract/

Does anybody know if this sale is only for Black Friday? If it's just one day, where I am there's less than 3 hours left. At least a heads up on when the sale ends would be nice.

Code:

What would be the path for Windows? I've installed it, and at some point I had a dialog where it asked for either the path of samples, or install them. I did change the path of samples, asked me to re-start the app, which I did, but that dialog never came back, so I assume the samples are not installed.

Does anybody know if this sale is only for Black Friday? If it's just one day, where I am there's less than 3 hours left. At least a heads up on when the sale ends would be nice.
They did give a heads up. They said it would last for plenty of time for them to put out the manual, videos, and demos. So yeah, won't end today.

Right! took the plunge, bloody Aussie government took it's 10% GST-(tax robbery:crying:), fastspring seems to be the only payment gateway that likes to enrich the Ozzie (excuse for a) government, all my other Black Friday sins were left untaxed.I'll do up a little video and showcase some patches later. If the Auddict peeps object to that, I'll take it down. Downloading now......:geek:

I tried to set up a little stream to give you guys a quick raw overview, but I never tried that before (capturing the DAW on stream) and I just can't figure it out (probably too late here). Sorry. Unless someone have a quick tip on how to do it (Using Cubase 9 on Windows 10 using a Steinberg UR22mkII audio card). But, from what I've heard in the product so far, it's pretty darn good. Still trying to get used to the UI without any docs. Glad I took the chance with.

Right! took the plunge, bloody Aussie government took it's 10% GST-(tax robbery:crying:), fastspring seems to be the only payment gateway that likes to enrich the Ozzie (excuse for a) government, all my other Black Friday sins were left untaxed.I'll do up a little video and showcase some patches later. If the Auddict peeps object to that, I'll take it down. Downloading now......:geek:
Damn. Thanks for the heads up - I'll add that to the expect cost (thankfully that should only be about $14). The saddest thing is I don't think Fast Spring need to collect GST - overseas orders under $1000 AUD are considered low value imports and don't incur tax (I'm just not certain how this relates to a) electronic downloads b) licenses to use something where that license is held overseas, but it's definitely the case for physical imports). I could be wrong about this though - maybe Fast Spring are considered the importer?

Top Bottom