What's new

UVI bundle at NI

If you are talking about the vouchers you get from uvi once a year for shopping at uvi's own site, they are not that generous, as it is always more expensive to shop there instead buying from other sites, plus the wrong currency conversion, so even with the vouchers it is more expensive to buy from uvi directly
It might depend, for germany I have no problems with currency conversion and I think I would not have gotten anything from what I wanted cheaper anywhere else (World suite, Traveler....), all with combining 50 % off and the yearly voucher < 50 %. You have to look for the right moment of course (in the first year after buying falcon I dont waited for the right deals).

It might depend, for germany I have no problems with currency conversion and I think I would not have gotten anything from what I wanted cheaper anywhere else (World suite, Traveler....), all with combining 50 % off and the yearly voucher < 50 %. You have to look for the right moment of course (in the first year after buying falcon I dont waited for the right deals).
So you can buy with dollar prices from germany from the uvi store?

So you can buy with dollar prices from germany from the uvi store?
No, prices shown in euro, but I dont see any difference to the prices from uvi prices on other sellers. But I must admit I have not really looked deeper into this cause for what I needed I found the prices from UVI in this combination quite good. So maybe I am wrong, always open for better alternatives ;)

No, prices shown in euro, but I dont see any difference to the prices from uvi prices on other sellers. But I must admit I have not really looked deeper into this cause for what I needed I found the prices from UVI in this combination quite good. So maybe I am wrong, always open for better alternatives ;)
Well, the prices at UVI are the same in euros as in dollars, but $1 is not 1€ in real life, so buying from shops like audiodeluxe or jrrshop will give you a lower price as you can buy with dollars, but also you can get -10-15% discount with codes, so I’ve calculated that despite the vouchers it’s usually cheaper to just buy from somewhere else

Well, the prices at UVI are the same in euros as in dollars, but $1 is not 1€ in real life, so buying from shops like audiodeluxe or jrrshop will give you a lower price as you can buy with dollars, but also you can get -10-15% discount with codes, so I’ve calculated that despite the vouchers it’s usually cheaper to just buy from somewhere else
Ok, thanks, I see. I have not thought about jrrshop, with the always working coupons this might make sense :thumbsup:

Prepared Piano is truly special.

I'm a Sonicpass subscriber but I just subscribe when I have a project in that I think the UVI sound will be good for. But after my last period of subscription I came to realise there isn't a UVI 'sound' and there are some fantastic instruments in the collection apart from 80's/90's synths.

So now my dilemma is do I go for this NI special and start to have a permanent UVI collection or just carry on with subscribing when I need it.

Synthology 4, Augmented Orchestra and Prepared Piano are €750 on their own normally, which is why SonicPass was a no brainer. But now..Hmm...

I would prefer this over the earlier Power Bundle as it has IRCAM Prepared Piano 2.
Most of the UVI stuff in these doesn't call me, but there are three tools in here that together are worth the ticket price for me:

Augmented Orchestra
IRCAM Prepared Piano 2
Quadra - Muted and Harmonics

Prepared Piano is truly special.

I'm a Sonicpass subscriber but I just subscribe when I have a project in that I think the UVI sound will be good for. But after my last period of subscription I came to realise there isn't a UVI 'sound' and there are some fantastic instruments in the collection apart from 80's/90's synths.

So now my dilemma is do I go for this NI special and start to have a permanent UVI collection or just carry on with subscribing when I need it.
I was on the same boat but decided to keep the subscription because I could never afford all the instruments I currently use regularly from UVI, which are almost all except the Falcon expansions, pianos and IRCAM orchestra. Also, I think the yearly subscription fee is low if you compare it to buying the useful libraries and tools they put out every year.

Personally I find it the most useful subscription I've run across and enjoy using their tools a lot. Wouldn't want to be without.

I was on the same boat but decided to keep the subscription because I could never afford all the instruments I currently use regularly from UVI, which are almost all except the Falcon expansions, pianos and IRCAM orchestra. Also, I think the yearly subscription fee is low if you compare it to buying the useful libraries and tools they put out every year.

Personally I find it the most useful subscription I've run across and enjoy using their tools a lot. Wouldn't want to be without.
Thanks Marcus- I think that's what I wanted to hear. I agree.

Also the added benefit of Sonicpass is getting all the new releases as they come out. It's tax deductable too!

I just took a closer look at the new bundle. I wonder why they didn't include any of the drum instruments in this bundle like the earlier bundle.

Thanks Marcus- I think that's what I wanted to hear. I agree.

Also the added benefit of Sonicpass is getting all the new releases as they come out. It's tax deductable too!
If I were paying 240,- a year I would jump on this without even thinking twice. If you were to buy most of the useful things UVI offers on their sales, I would personally be done with 4 years of subscription cash, if not less than that.

Actually preferring to keep paying indefinitely (in 10 years you'll have spent over $2000) for stuff you can own outright for what amounts to far less money will forever remain inconceivable to me. In the end, you'll own nothing.

This current offer is amazing. The subscription is really not. And I love me some UVI.

If I bought it I would only be getting about 3 new items. Would the rest that's doubled up for me be able to be transferred at $25 a pop?

If I bought it I would only be getting about 3 new items. Would the rest that's doubled up for me be able to be transferred at $25 a pop?
AFAIK, UVI transfers, as long as your license isn't NFR, are subject to the standard iLOK transfer fee of $25 per item, with a maximum of $50 per transaction. The more you can offset that $50 with the bundles value, the more "come hither" you offer.
Worth bearing in mind that you are almost certainly not alone in planning to offload some duplicate licenses. Highly likely I'll be polluting the pool with QM&H and Shade in a week and a half, so 3,2,1..Fight!

If I were paying 240,- a year I would jump on this without even thinking twice. If you were to buy most of the useful things UVI offers on their sales, I would personally be done with 4 years of subscription cash, if not less than that.
For you maybe. I use almost everything they offer. That amounts to quite a lot of money also taken into account they release a lot of new stuff every year. And I regularly pause the subscription for months on end when I don't use it.

In the end, you'll own nothing.
Same goes when you buy it. You only own the right to use it, you still own nothing.

This current offer is amazing.
That's certainly true.

Same goes when you buy it. You only own the right to use it, you still own nothing.
You own a license to the software. At least here in Europe, that means something. They can't just revoke ownership of that license just because they feel like it. The governments here frown on that sort of thing.

I get using a lot of stuff makes the subscription look like a good deal to you, but it really doesn't help when you start claiming things that are objectively false.

Last edited:
If it's just upfront value, then Audio Deluxe, from a UK perspective, tends to come out on top.
But if I were to use my €20 loyalty voucher, I could get World Suite 2 for direct for the same price, taking into account the Deluxe Bucks I'd get, and then get a (I think, still not entirely clear what the thresholds are) €40 voucher next Jan.
Depending on how you like to calculate your voucher related price thats €129/€109, or even €89 if you're prone to blind optimism, for World Suite 2.

Top Bottom