What's new

Up to 33% off all SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions - 30 days demos available!

Absolutely hope the same. Just holler when you need me to repeat this to your boss ;) Much appreciated!
100% because of his quick and good responses, I’m going to at least dip my feet with vol 1 and 2 if not the historic one too

Editing this post to add something. I guess I forgot to download the demo for volume 3 somehow. Just got it installed and WOW it’s my favorite sounding strings of the bunch. If I get 4 I might have to think hard on just getting the whole bundle.

Last edited:
100% because of his quick and good responses, I’m going to at least dip my feet with vol 1 and 2 if not the historic one too

Editing this post to add something. I guess I forgot to download the demo for volume 3 somehow. Just got it installed and WOW it’s my favorite sounding strings of the bunch. If I get 4 I might have to think hard on just getting the whole bundle.
Bundles are.... excellent sales tools dangerous!

Beautiful.
The upright is a revelation too. And the effects you mention.

Is that the full version of the Bosendorfor Upright we are hearing i.e with the surround mics?
OK - just checked the project and it's the Bosendorfer Upright with a mix of Standard mics (Condenser/Main/Main-C) - a customised version of the "05 Time Warp" preset. Setting the Timbre Shift dial to -2 or -3 can really change the tone of the Synchron Pianos, and give them a "heavier" character. Great feature.

OK - just checked the project and it's the Bosendorfer Upright with a mix of Standard mics (Condenser/Main/Main-C) - a customised version of the "05 Time Warp" preset. Setting the Timbre Shift dial to -2 or -3 can really change the tone of the Synchron Pianos, and give them a "heavier" character. Great feature.
Thanks for that info, appreciated.

Reactions: CGR
I think the complete bundle is the best option, and the best value for money package. It can cover a huge range, from classical to big orchestral, from choirs to medieval style compositions. I cannot afford it no matter what, but I am good at managing other people's money! :)

I am doing the demo for Volumes 1,2,3 and am running into a major issue. When you repeat a series of fairly short notes of the same velocity close together, particularly on the sustain presets, the first note has the expected volume, but the notes after are much louder, almost double.

This happens with some of the preset groups: appassionata strings (normal and sordinos), chamber strings sordinos, and some of the solo strings. I've seen this happen with the sustains, marcatos, and sforzatos. I found this out because I had a line that went from E to D, and then back to E in a very short space with the same velocities, with a major jump in volume on the second E. I am using the latest releases of Cubase 10.5 and the Synchron Player.

After some investigation I traced this to repeating the same note close together causes the following notes to jump in volume as if the release of the prior note is somehow affecting the volume envelope on the following note. Spacing the notes further out or slowing the tempo down causes the notes to all sound at the same volume as expected. I tried turning off all reverb, eq, humanization, and release time to no avail. I also rebooted several times which no change in this behavior.

This is easy to reproduce. Load the appassionata strings multi convo and set a series of sixteenth notes at E5 (E4 in Cubase) with sixteenth note spaces in between at a velocity of 50 and a tempo of 80. In the perform window, I turn off the velxf and set the first three sliders to around 80. Playing this back the first note has the expected volume, but the notes after have a large jump in volume. If you remove every third note, then the first note of each group is normal and the second is louder. Slowing the tempo down to around 50 or lower, the notes then all sound the same volume.

I would appreciate if anyone can give this a quick try and see if they notice the same behavior. I really want to get all 3 volumes, but this is giving me pause if I have to program around this quirk. Many thanks!

I think the complete bundle is the best option, and the best value for money package. It can cover a huge range, from classical to big orchestral, from choirs to medieval style compositions. I cannot afford it no matter what, but I am good at managing other people's money! :)
I think the only SE I'm considering would be vol 5 as it's the closest to the full Synchronized version...only thin missing from what I understand are articulations and vibrato control versus missing dynamics with the other libraries. Also, the way it's structured, is that you NEED to get more than one SE in order to complete a section...I'd rather just get the full Synchronized version from the start.

Also, the way it's structured, is that you NEED to get more than one SE in order to complete a section...
This is something that I don’t really like about the way it is structured. Which is why I agree with Geomir. It’s a bit binary in a lot of ways: either you get fully on board, or you miss something (instruments, articulations, dynamic layers, etc.)

This is something that I don’t really like about the way it is structured. Which is why I agree with Geomir. It’s a bit binary in a lot of ways: either you get fully on board, or you miss something (instruments, articulations, dynamic layers, etc.)
Would have been better (to me of course), if the SE volumes were just scaled down versions of their SY counterparts as the case with vol 5 & 6...where it's DS and DB and that's it. Then create an SE for Winds, and one for Appassionata only and so on...but no single SE volume is complete and leaves you needing to get more (which could very well be their strategy). Perhaps bundle vol 1&2 together for a discounted price?

I think it's safe to say that splitting low winds from any winds library is a cause for concern.. LOL Because bass instruments like the bass flute and clarinet are becoming more popular in scoring, as is the contrabassoon...so to leave those out makes the library incomplete. we ALL need those lows. This is why Synchron winds seems a bit more complete to me, even though the alto flute is missing (why on earth they would omit this)? But from what I heard they are working on a more complete SY Winds probably at an upgrade price of course.

Perhaps bundle vol 1&2 together for a discounted price?
We had this a while back. But bundles of bundles make things even more complicated for new users, adding products where there are already so many.

It’s a bit binary in a lot of ways: either you get fully on board, or you miss something (instruments, articulations, dynamic layers, etc.)
That's always the case: Until you bought the Super Package and the Synchron Package there wil always be something that you could buy ;)

The trick is to decide what you would like to have now that is also within your budget (in most cases starting with SY SE 1). Or you want as much as possible, in this case it makes sense to get the entire SY SE bundle - especially now during sale it's a steal.

That's always the case: Until you bought the Super Package and the Synchron Package there wil always be something that you could buy ;)
Of course that’s true. And these are very unimportant first world problems. Because your products are too cool and make people want to get more ;)

Reactions: Ben
Many thanks for all your kind words, I really appreciate it! :)
A direct link with the company producing the tools one uses for work is very important. Not only for the customers, but also for the company, whose customers learn how to use the tools and showcase their power.

So, please keep up the great work!

Paolo

Last edited:
We had this a while back. But bundles of bundles make things even more complicated for new users, adding products where there are already so many.
Fair enough. Might I suggest to rework the content of each volume so that it makes more coherent sense. Like vol 1, can omit a few things like the solo strings or Appassionata extras, and finish off the winds section. Then vol 2, can focus on a more complete chamber strings or keyboards...etc.etc. Because there are volumes with scattered instruments, then ones that are focused on 1-2 instruments...I think there should be some uniformity about it. Just a suggestion (I'm sure it was mentioned before).

The problem is that everything is so good that this has gotten me all interested in original VI Series instruments with VI Pro 2 and MIR Pro. There are 30-day demos available for the software, fortunately, so I'll see what I can do to test out an instrument with them (by contacting the Sales team).

Last edited:
Top Bottom