What's new

Thomas Bergersen's new album (Sun)?

It is amazing!

And now, try XHail to compose something like this :D ... maybe if you put "Bergersen" in the top line! :lol:

Listening to it right now. There are people who write epic music and then there is Thomas Bergersen.

Is he a film composer?
I couldn't find any movies he has done.
Just pre listened on iTunes, quite epic stuff so far!

No ;) Thomas is mainly trailer music composer famous for founding Two Steps From Hell with Nick Phoenix. Although, many people here know him from old days on Northern Sounds where he would make everyone else cry by showing them his ultra realistic mockups. I just listened through the whole album- In Paradisum = goosebumps all over my body ( I can hear some of his older tracks in there, like Gloria from Two Steps From Heaven album).

I am not a fan of this type of music, but hell, does it sound good. I've bought the album out of curiosity. The FLAC option is available on cdbaby at the end of the checkout, when you get the download button..

Mind blowing! I'm amazed once again...

I'm a HUGE fan of Thomas' works, he's such a talented composer! This album is juste as good as Illusion. Wonderful from start to finish!

Listening to it for the 4th time today! =o

It was great, as expected. I always wondered what he uses for percussion. I know he/TSFH uses live orchestra, but I assumed most of the percussion was samples. I can't pick out what samples he uses though.

To be fair though, he could get 95% of his sound from anything that's currently out on the market. His custom library is suited to his needs and works for him. There is no substitute for hard work and talent :).

To be fair though, he could get 95% of his sound from anything that's currently out on the market. His custom library is suited to his needs and works for him. There is no substitute for hard work and talent :).

That's a good point.

Honestly, his music has changed my life and the way I view music. I would probably sell my soul just for an hour in his studio :)

So, I listened to it, and gave up half way. Endless repetition of the same 4 chord sequence with just the top note of the chord as melody, a pseudo-Eastern voice doing ayayayaeeeyaay around it, pounding drums, string ostinatos in a wash of S&H synths with reverb, it's not for me. He makes it sound good, but it never gets interesting. Bergersen is not going to be on my iPod between Bach, Beethoven, Bruckner and Bartók.

TJ is terrific. He does this stuff better than anybody. I listen to songs of his from 10 years ago and they're on my iPod and they're some of my favorite things. He probably couldn't listen to them for ten seconds.

but... I can't enjoy this. The compression is just too much for me.

Top Bottom